Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by K22
Jehovah Witnesses's is a religion.

You're right. It is a "religion" and just that. Some would say it's a cult.

All religious beliefs are cults by the very definition not just Jehovah Witnesses's.
Find the root of Christianity and there you will find your answers.

Church history, paganism and humanism has tainted much of so called Christianity, but God still has truth out there for those He gives it to.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Satan has been at war with Christianity since the beginning. He's infiltrated many churches to turn them from the true word. Look at the centuries of war in Europe as an example. Catholics vs Protestants. Neither side has been Christian or they wouldn't have done the evil things they've done. You don't turn a man to the Lord by tearing his arms off on the rack or burning him at the stake. You don't save a town for the Lord by killing the people and burning it down. You don't bring a man to salvation by drawing and quartering him. All Satan's work.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Jehovah Witnesses's is a religion.

You're right. It is a "religion" and just that. Some would say it's a cult.

All religious beliefs are cults by the very definition not just Jehovah Witnesses's.

Church history, paganism and humanism has tainted much of so called Christianity, but God still has truth out there for those He gives it to.

I would not trust any history coming from the church. The idea of church/religion is to keep you inside the building. The last part of your statement is true.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Satan has been at war with Christianity since the beginning. He's infiltrated many churches to turn them from the true word. Look at the centuries of war in Europe as an example. Catholics vs Protestants. Neither side has been Christian or they wouldn't have done the evil things they've done. You don't turn a man to the Lord by tearing his arms off on the rack or burning him at the stake. You don't save a town for the Lord by killing the people and burning it down. You don't bring a man to salvation by drawing and quartering him. All Satan's work.

Thank you RC,

I shake my head at those that proclaim this country was started by people with solid Judeo/Christian virtues, when if the truth was known I question whether most would even associate with them.

In July 1692 my 9th Great Grandmother was '...hung by the neck until dead and thrown in a ditch to rot...' by these 'bastions' of Christian principles...............

Last edited by Muffin; 09/28/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22
Sir, what is “the root of Christianity” in your estimation...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by K22

Isaiah 53:2

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by K22

Isaiah 53:2

CORRECT! ☕ 🙂 👍
So this special passage you reference goes out to ALL THE READERS:
"Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

Question: How can a man "obey the gospel?"
"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"

Answer:. BELIEVE that gospel.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep."

I Corinthians 15

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..."
Acts 16:30...

Saved from the same hell that Jesus warned about.
Saved from the same hell that some mock.
Saved from everlasting torment to be given the free gift from God that Jesus paid in full. It can ONLY be received by faith/believing in the True ROOT of Christianity.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Ephesians 2:8...

No good works of baptism, giving up of sins, turning over a new leaf, treating people with kindness, etc are acceptable with God. His ONLY acceptable payment was the torments and bloody death of His only begotten Son. The gift of everlasting life has already been paid for. Anyone who tries to add their paltry payment of good deeds is insulting the God of the universe. That's why it takes a non work faith in that which was already done by Him. That is true undeserved kindness.

Do you believe this?
See links below for a special prayer to receive that free gift.

God bless everyone who considers this.
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/28/21.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I like Thomas Jefferson's conclusion concerning the NT. Enough so that I have a copy of his Bible.
The posts saying: well Paul said this and John said that, ect. is one of the reasons Jefferson wrote his own Bible. Technically, he didn't rewrite the NT, but got rid of all the BS of much of NT writers. Seems he was skeptical of them also.

So Antlers, what would be the root, who were the originators, and what is their lineage?

Hint, go back to the era of Moses and the Red Sea and take a look at all the characters on both sides of the story. Look at the history of their lineage and where they went after the Red Sea story. Probably won't find it any of the take offs of the KJV.

Last edited by K22; 09/28/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22
So Antlers, what would be the root, who were the originators, and what is their lineage?
Again, I’m interested in what you think “the root of Christianity” is...?

For me, “the root of Christianity” is the resurrection of Jesus. That single event...and all that it entails...is the compelling basis for my personal belief. The original version of Christianity is rooted in Jesus’ resurrection; it was at the very center of the first-century apologetic. Christianity began with people who saw something...Christianity began when Jesus rose from the dead, and those who were closest to Him recognized that He was who He claimed to be.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22

One word that has a lot of ancient paths within its origin. Rome.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How bout a Permethrin saved my hunt thread?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
How bout a Permethrin saved my hunt thread?

I'm an evangelist for that church. whistle

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[Linked Image]

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I believe that from the moment someone truly believes that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that God has raised Him from the dead, that they receive salvation. And that the only condition to receiving it is truly believing and truly accepting it. And that good works are not required to merit, maintain, or prove it. But they are part of following Jesus. I believe salvation to be eternal, regardless of future actions...including sins, unbelief, and even apostasy...though believers who do these things will face God’s admonishment. To me, the extension of God’s grace is wholly done by Him alone and we have no part in it beyond truly believing and truly receiving it.
Agreed!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

One word that has a lot of ancient paths within its origin. Rome.

There are no "roots" as such. Only God, and that's much more than enough.

Christianity started right after the Garden. It was God's plan.

The Old Testament laid the groundwork for Christianity in so many ways and is full of stories that are repeated in the NT and will be fulfilled in Revelation.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What sect excludes Paul from the Bible?
No sects, some cults. Illinformed ones.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT

Well, where to start? First, a lack of conviction does not equate to not having faith in Jesus.

It's not difficult to grasp. Faith is a conviction of truth. Those who have Christian faith believe in the reality of God and Jesus. Believing in Jesus is a conviction of truth, which is a belief.

A belief and a conviction of truth is one and the same principle. Faith is a conviction of truth, which is a belief.....in this instance a conviction/belief held without verifiable evidence.

A lack of conviction is simply not being of acceptance of the truth about something.

You got it.

Where is the problem if one is not “convicted” of the truth about Jesus? The man “chooses” to reject the truth…he does not accept Jesus. The man rejects the truth. We see this all the time, not only in religion but also in our culture. The man prefers prideful, sweet sounding lies to the reality of truth.[/quotte]

The problem, as pointed out many time, is a lack of verifiable evidence to support a justified conviction of truth. What it says in the bible is no more an example of evidence to support its claims than what is said in the Quran or Gita, etc, etc, in regard to their claims.

[quote=TF49]
You are also wrong about atheists being justified by absence of evidence. This is simply wishful thinking and a childish hope for a “Get out of jail free card.”

Wrong. Justification requires evidence. Without evidence you have faith.

This was understood a long time ago.

"Faith is like a piece of blank paper whereon you may write as well one miracle as another." ~ Charles Blount (1654-1693

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as a useful tool." - Seneca

A person of reason considers the evidence and forms convictions based on the weight of evidence. And once again, if evidence for the existence of a God or gods comes to light, reason demands a conviction in their existence.

To condemn someone for exercising reason is an grave injustice.

Well, you are still wrong. To close, the opinions you espouse….. and your opinion is that the evidence does not exist. You are wrong on that. The evidence exists, but you discount it. You have blinders on.

Nobody is condemned for exercising reason. Condemnation comes from rejecting God.

In fact, clear thinking and unpolluted reasoning brings one straight to God.

You also have muddled thoughts on ”faith.” Faith is indeed based on evidence….and experience….but you are not “convinced” and are simply rejecting the evidence to suit your own twisted views.

I didn't offer my opinion. I pointed to accepted definitions of words and references, and to the injustice of condemnation based on a lack of conviction. In this instance, not being convinced/believing in supernatural bible stories, God, salvation, etc, simply because that's what the gospels say.

Requiring convicing evidence that supports extraordinary claims is not a punishable crime. It's basic practice in everyday life, except it seems when it comes to religion and faith.

Last edited by DBT; 09/28/21.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Faith is easy, determining the truth is the difficult part.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,000
Posts18,500,029
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.