Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
I believe that God’s saving grace is unconditional and everlasting, and that Jesus’ work of redemption is total and complete and everlasting. Once we truly believe and truly receive it, our sins, all of em’...past, present, and future...are covered by the Blood of the Atonement. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing can be taken from it. John 3:16 is the gospel in a nutshell, and it says that we have received everlasting life. That means forever. Period.

To me, it seems that the ‘unforgivable’ status is tied to an ongoing and willful hard-heartedness. It doesn’t so much prevent them from being forgiven, more so it prevents them from doing what’s necessary to seek forgiveness. It seems that “blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” was committed by Jesus’ adversaries and ‘not’ by those who had professed allegiance to Him. The danger...the ultimate basis for ‘unforgivable’...to me, appears to be a hard-hearted, unbelieving, and unrepentant attitude towards God, by those whose sins had never been covered by the Blood of the Atonement.

You and I are sinners.....even though our sins are covered by the Blood of the Atonement.....we still sin, and we will still die sinners. You and I must still account for our lives though, we will both still stand in judgement before our Creator, and be admonished for our sin.....including our continued sin ‘after’ we accepted God’s saving grace. But, to me, the eternal consequences of our sin...all of em’...will be ‘passed over’ because our sins are covered by the Blood of the Atonement.

It’s OK if our opinions differ on this matter; we may also disagree on some aspects of politics or child rearing or elk hunting. Our difference of opinion on any of these things in no way diminishes any of these things.

But what about non believers? Are they included?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's called "Amazing Grace', for Good reason.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Are you saying that non believers are saved?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by DBT

Once they become Believers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The simplest example of the what's necessary for salvation comes with the story of the thieves on the cross. Both thieves crucified, a fatal punishment that must be inflicted by another, dying, helpless. One scorns Christ to the end, dies, and ends up in hell. The other, nailed, helpless, dying, with no way whatsoever to help himself, never baptized, recognizes his sins (repents), and accepts Christs as his only salvation (faith) and is rewarded with the promise that "Today you will be with me in paradise."

No hail Marys, no good works. Just resentence and faith.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/29/21.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
The simplest example of the what's necessary for salvation comes with the story of the thieves on the cross. Both thieves crucified, a fatal punishment that must be inflicted by another, dying, helpless. One scorns Christ to the end, dies, and ends up in hell. The other, nailed, helpless, dying, with no way whatsoever to help himself, never baptized, recognizes his sins (repents), and accepts Christs as his only salvation (faith) and is rewarded with the promise that "Today you will be with me in paradise."

No hail Marys, no good works. Just resentence and faith.
Some will argue that the thief didn't need baptizing because Jesus hadn't died and risen yet, whatever that has to do with it. It's a pretty lame argument.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Some will argue that the thief didn't need baptizing because Jesus hadn't died and risen yet, whatever that has to do with it. It's a pretty lame argument.

Agreed.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
A question for the Christians on this thread. Do you believe that spiritual benefit can come through physical means?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by IZH27
A question for the Christians on this thread. Do you believe that spiritual benefit can come through physical means?

Yes, if Prayer is physical .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Benefit. Yes, meaning a good life. Salvation, no. Without faith its all for nothing

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Chisos
When Jesus told the woman to go and "sin no more" and the Apostle Paul told the church " You are responsible for your own salvation", these two instances might put a little crimp into the idea of permanency. And to answer the 3:16 folks, better look real close at 3:5.
God's Word is Truth Forever. The woman at the well had not yet come to a saving relationship with Jesus and had a long line of mistakes that God did not condone. The Lord most certainly knows our hearts, and she had not done that which solidifies her salvation yet. However, once the woman went back into her village and told her fellow Samaritans what she had heard the Lord say and they went for themselves to see Him, begged him to stay with them and the Lord did stay two days and many Samaritans' were saved. Because she believed after she heard the Lord and went back and told others. This is what the scriptures tell us to do.

You had better look real close at the whole Bible, because Satan has a hold on you. You will need to cast him out to let the Lord in. But you are not alone. So many on here are in the same boat.

Since when is NOT sinning in the best interests of Satan?

1st John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

We ALL have sinned and are still sinning. Jesus told us our thoughts qualify as sinning. This is why He has to die on the cross so His blood could cover those sins. For those who believe that is what He did and are not afraid to tell that to others, we are saved. Those who cannot do that simple thing are not saved until they find that truth and incorporate it into their life. Nor does it have to be a perfect life as you seem to believe yours is. There is no perfection on this earth. But we will be made to be perfect when we leave it. That is the Grace of God.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Through faith in his blood, Romans 3:25, I exchanged my unrighteousness (sin) for the righteousness of Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:1-4) My debt has been marked Paid in Full! It's not about me, it's about Him. I am secured by his innocent blood shed on the cross of Calvary.

Thank you Jesus!!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Maybe apply my question to salvation in particular.

Do you believe that spiritual benefit can come through physical means?

I guess the opposite question would be do you believe that spiritual benefits come from the spirit of man, cognition or will (those three words collectively a representation of the inner man)?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
If you take time to listen to this, it may shed some light on the Topic.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

John 19:28,29

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

-Jesus

That's what I call permanent.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Through faith in his blood, Romans 3:25, I exchanged my unrighteousness (sin) for the righteousness of Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:1-4) My debt has been marked Paid in Full! It's not about me, it's about Him. I am secured by his innocent blood shed on the cross of Calvary.

Thank you Jesus!!
Amen, Brother Keith!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

When does that happen?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

When does that happen?

Take a few minutes to find out what Biblical Christianity teaches on that good question in the links of my signature.
A man in the N.T. asked a very similar question.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

When does that happen?

Take a few minutes to find out what Biblical Christianity teaches on that good question in the links of my signature.

A non believer may know what Christianity teaches, may have read the bible, but is not convinced....what then?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

When does that happen?

A non believer may know what Christianity teaches, may have read the bible, but is not convinced....what then?

Just like a lot of things in life, it sometimes takes an open mind and investigation. I like the gospel of John aka St. John as a place to spend the time to anyone searching. It claims to be the one unique book written to convince open-minded unbelievers.

John 20:26-
https://thekingjamesversionbible.com/john-20

There are examples of unbelievers who actually ask God for insight and He answers those seeking truth of Him.

The quote came to mind when you asked your other question was from Acts 16.

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
Meaning that his household will be saved if they also choose to believe on Jesus Christ.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10ring1, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,198
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.