FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Buy what you like. I prefer coins from government mints. If you have local coin stores around stop in and check them out. I have found a good one that beat the internet price on some French ,and Swiss franks,, they had. Gold is Gold. I don't see paying the high premiums on the Eagles. If you don't hold it you don't Own it.

It doesn't matter who gets more votes, It matters who counts the votes.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Silver, and coins recognizable by most.

So much counterfeiting & skepticism(warranted) these days.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Junk silver is my favorite. It is 1964 and earlier U.S. coins that are 90% silver but have no collector value. $1 dollar in face value has barely over .7 of an ounce so it's easy to figure the metal value. Everyone recognizes them and no one is afraid they are fake. Also they are small enough in value that you can actually use them for transactions if money disappears. The only serious issue that is holding precious metals way under value is the knowledge that the governments of the world can outlaw the possession of metals exactly as the U.S. did with gold in 1933.It was made a crime and they got away with what should have been clearly unconstitutional.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Local coin store, or online bullion store like SD bullion, JM etc. Definitely watch out for fakes. Avoid ebay craigslist, junk/antique stores.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
I don't trust equities anymore, neither the dollar, crypto, and I'm not interested in speculation.

but the securities market that trades in dollar-denominated assets is totally unhinged from any kind of realistic valuations and massively inflated by unrestrained alchemy.

An ounce of gold may very well be $50,000 some day, but I won't be rich because of that. It will just mean the dollar is worthless.

Excellent post & that's all exactly where I am; further, at this point I am much more interested in protecting what I have.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Shopping around the physical goes for about 4% more than the spot price. Do gold buyers buy it over the spot price? I've never tried to sell physical but a 4% bid/ask spread is pretty expensive.

I bought gold coins around 2009 and sold some last month to the same company from whom I bought the coins.

They paid spot on the day it was received and the charge was 1% of sale.

But how much over spot did you pay for your coins in 2009?

For example, the current price is $1758 but the cheapest gold here is $1838.

Last edited by Whiptail; 10/07/21.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Got some of both.

Don't mean much but got rid of some gold back before it fell around 1500+-.

Silver seems to me a joke because they talk it up as being almost used up because of solar panels and computers and such.

And yet it remains below 30 dollars.
The only folks making money off of it now is the folks that are selling it to folks that think they need it because of the end of the world. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What's up with the stock market? Any ideas on what to do? If it weren't for oil (GUSH), platinum (PPLT), and Russia (RUSL)I would be under water for the day. I'm about 19% in precious metal, 4.5% in Russia, and 3.5% in oil. As it is I'm only plus .05% for the day.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by dale06
Compare gold to the stock market over any 10 year period the past 100 years. There’s your answer.

Anyone can cherry pick.....

From 1929 until January 1933, the shares of Homestake Mining, the largest gold producer in the U.S., rose 474%. Dome Mines, Canada’s largest producer, soared 558% – this while the Dow lost 73% of its value…[and if] you…[had] bought both stocks 5 years earlier ( at half their 1929 price) five years earlier…you would…[have had] gains of around 1,000%.

From 1925 to 1940, Homestake shares rose 10-fold, while the Dow basically went nowhere…[In fact,] during the worst part of the crash, where the Dow lost 89% of its value, this gold stock more than doubled in price.

https://munknee.com/history-says-gold-silver-will-go-much-higher-after-this-stock-market-crash/

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bought some FSAGX (Fidelity 'Select Gold Portfolio' Mutual Fund) a few months ago @ ~$27/share, it's currently ~$25/share and doesn't appear to be doing much. I did pretty good on it last year, but definitely gave some of my gains back this fall. I really thought that with the Democrats devaluing the dollar like they are that gold would be a good hedge. Nope.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Patients grasshopper.... it's better to be a little early, than a day late.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Just bought a Krugerrand last week. This week I went & bought 1/2 oz gold bar.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No. Never. Silver, neither.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you trust the federal reserve/government to do the right thing, than stay in the dollar. It's only a matter of time before people lose confidence in this ponzi scheme.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by centershot
Bought some FSAGX (Fidelity 'Select Gold Portfolio' Mutual Fund) a few months ago @ ~$27/share, it's currently ~$25/share and doesn't appear to be doing much. I did pretty good on it last year, but definitely gave some of my gains back this fall. I really thought that with the Democrats devaluing the dollar like they are that gold would be a good hedge. Nope.
Yet. We are in uncharted territory as far as the USA is concerned. Argentina has been there, it was once wealthy. The banks have been working against us for over a century now. They have moved us from the free range pasture to the kill floor. All accomplished with bait. The only question now is what to do with the few that refused the bait. Do they kill us or figure we are so few that they will just break us with confiscation? And probably lock you up for possessing precious metal and for sure if you try to trade with it. Good money cannot be allowed to compete with bad.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Invest in something real? that you can hold in your hand? That has had intrinsic value for millennia? Crazy talk. Crypto is where it’s at.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Invest in something real? that you can hold in your hand? That has had intrinsic value for millennia? Crazy talk. Crypto is where it’s at.

LOL. Yep. And fairy dust.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The stock market is way over valued, but the ride's been long, & actually, IMHO, w/o justification.

But when a correction or a real crash comes, hang onto yer azz, 'cause the drop is going to be legendary.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The stock market is way over valued, but the ride's been long, & actually, IMHO, w/o justification.
But when a correction or a real crash comes, hang onto yer azz, 'cause the drop is going to be legendary.
MM
Correct. All bubbles burst, and laws governing economics, arithmetic, and gravity cannot be repealed.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,334
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.