K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I just wanted to say thank you to bsa1917 for kicking off this postal match.

Yes, thank you bsa1917. It has inspired me enough that now I'm thinking about dragging out some more rimfire rifles to see how they perform on this target.

That's where I'm at - just drug out two "new" ones and that Remington 40X-KS again - figured maybe better ammo would help (it did along with adjusting the torque on the action screws). A friend gave me some high end target ammo and back out to the range I wen (actually a different range as it was raining this morning).
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The 40X-KS with Leupold 4.5-14X did much better and used Lapua X-Act ammo (actually in all three guns).

Next was the Kimber HS in added varmint stock with Leupold 6.5-20X EFR

Last today was a custom Winchester 52A with a Redfield 3200 24X scope....it liked the X-Act (as all pretty much did).

The wind was light this morning but did drizzle off and on - need to pick out some more to try - this will be an excellent record for me to keep with each rifle for ammo preferences!

Thanks again bsa1917!,
PennDog

Now you've really inspired me PennDog. Time to start digging out the rifle battery. LOL

Excellent shooting and a darn nice looking Win. 52. The wood on your Kimber HS really looks good and it shoots quite well I see. Those Kimber Model K22's not only look great, but shoot as well as they look..........imop of course. grin

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks K22 and your right about those Kimber K22 rifles - I had another HS that I sold to a friend of mine and that rifle may have been the most accurate .22 that I have owned - shot a few groups at 50yds that were in the 0.10 range…....although this exercise is “opening” my eyes to the accuracy of some of the rifles I thought were just “OK”?!! Can’t wait to try a few more.

PennDog

p.s. that stock was one of Numrich’s - yours too?

Last edited by PennDog; 10/04/21.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yes, that is where my stock came from. I have a second varmint stock, like you I had a 2 Kimber HS and sold one of them. The one I sold was slightly more accurate than the one I kept.............so I thought, now I'm not to sure. Since I'm on a Kimber kick I'll give the Classic a spin when the rains quit.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I just wanted to say thank you to bsa1917 for kicking off this postal match.

Yes, thank you bsa1917. It has inspired me enough that now I'm thinking about dragging out some more rimfire rifles to see how they perform on this target.

You guys are very welcome. I want to say thanks to all you guys that have shot this with me. I know there will be more shooters too. You guys have turned in some very impressive targets. Nicely done guys!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Nothing like dropping the very first shot...
Chopped Remington 40x in a McMillan and 16x SWFA shooting federal UM
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Great shooting Cert!! Glad to see you join in. Nice rifle too. Those remingtons can shoot for sure. Do you think the fist shot was a flier or what? I have a know your limits shoot scheduled for tomorrow, but I don't know If I'm going to go to that or go deer hunting. Ha ha.. These shoots are fun to see how your rifles do with different ammo. Since I'm getting low on my Norma match and SK standard plus, I haven't wanted to shoot my good ammo up. Saving them for a fall turkey shoot my club will be having next month and I use the Eley target for the know your limits shoots. I may burn up 100 rounds of those tomorrow. Last time I had 14 matches. These targets are great training for that type of an event.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Vudoo with Bushnell DMR shooting lapua master L

She's gone shootin..
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
BSA.. yeah man that first shot was a kick in the babymaker..
I was holding dead on after sighting in the 40x with the same box.. and boom it drops the first one almost an inch

What are you gonna do..🤷🏻‍♂️

She's gone shootin..
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
BSA.. yeah man that first shot was a kick in the babymaker..
I was holding dead on after sighting in the 40x with the same box.. and boom it drops the first one almost an inch

What are you gonna do..🤷🏻‍♂️

I know what I do. Say FU CK!!! HA HA.. Or a few other choice words.. You did well though.. Thanks for posting how your vudoo does too. I've been itching to see how they shoot. No surprises there. Great job buddy!!

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I finally had a relatively calm morning to shoot a couple of targets, it was drizzling so I didn't shoot from my benchrest I just used my portable bench set-up and shot from the deck. The target is a lasered 50 yds.

Certifiable - I feel your pain on the dropped shot. I was moving right along and feeling good about the SK target and as I was moving on to the 4th dot I got heavy on the trigger before the crosshairs were even in the dot - OOPS!!!

These targets do give a good illustration of the difference between inexpensive ammo and mid-grade ammo. I have used up my high-end match ammo and am not likely to replace it since I am not shooting competitively any longer.

Cooper 57M Jackson Hunter - sporter with rollover cheekpiece. Leupold VX-2, 6-18x40 with fine crosshair - this one does adjust perfectly

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

My first attempt was so bad I gave up and ate lunch.

This one's for you City.....

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Great shooting Cert and drover!!….boy are you guys right this shoot sure does show the”flaws” in the ammo - I’m questioning things I have accepted for years!!

M1919 that sure doesn’t look like giving up to me!

PennDog

Last edited by PennDog; 10/08/21.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Not at all proud of how close some of those had to stretch to break red but I guess they all do.. best score so far with the cheapest ammo

She's gone shootin..
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Whoa, Certifiable, Drover, now that is some impressive shooting with some super rifles.
Not sure I have any rimfires that'll match the Vudoo, but I'll give it another shot....pun intended. LOL

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

A hasty group as the sun goes down

Kimber SA shooting Federal UM

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]sawmill bbq

Not terribly happy with those way out in the white and no excuses for pulling them. Just the way it goes

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Another with the 52B and Midas+

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by drover
I finally had a relatively calm morning to shoot a couple of targets, it was drizzling so I didn't shoot from my benchrest I just used my portable bench set-up and shot from the deck. The target is a lasered 50 yds.

Certifiable - I feel your pain on the dropped shot. I was moving right along and feeling good about the SK target and as I was moving on to the 4th dot I got heavy on the trigger before the crosshairs were even in the dot - OOPS!!!

These targets do give a good illustration of the difference between inexpensive ammo and mid-grade ammo. I have used up my high-end match ammo and am not likely to replace it since I am not shooting competitively any longer.

Cooper 57M Jackson Hunter - sporter with rollover cheekpiece. Leupold VX-2, 6-18x40 with fine crosshair - this one does adjust perfectly

Very nice shooting drover.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919

Another with the 52B and Midas+

I knew you would play along with us. Good shooting too buddy. I was prepping for my know your limits shoot tomorrow and I shot my 10-22. My score sucked. You know it amazes me that I can shoot a one hole freaking group and then on this shoot its all over the place. Ha ha.. That's why I wanted to start this thread, to see if others have the same trouble. A lot of these guys are shooting straight up damn good, with no trouble at all!!!! I need to get my hands on some good ammo!!! I took pictures at the range with my phone again, but the damn thing takes forever to send to my email. I'll see them around 1 tomorrow morning. I will post up my ugly target though. Just to make you feel better. I can take a picture with my camera real quick and then upload to imgur.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ok, don't laugh too hard. I only shot one target with the 10-22 today. I was using Eley target ammo, like what I use in the single shot savage. I don't want to burn that stuff up, so I only fired off 20 rounds through the 10-22 today:

I'll post pics of the rifle when I get them. Tomorrow morning. This will give pappy more reason to join in on the fun. I'm curious to see how his competition model 10-22 does.

The rest of the time, I fired off some groups with my 22-250. Not real happy with the group size, but managed to keep them in the X-ring most of the time. Shooting 100-8x, 100-9x, and this possible. I wanted to burn up some of the ammo I loaded for my Steven's 200, so I ran them through my Tikka:

My club is going to be having a centerfire shoot on the 16th, but this rifle is going to be staying home. I'll pull the CTR out for that match.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Drover that’s some phenomenal shooting considering the ammo

She's gone shootin..
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

54 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.