Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 38 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 37 38
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Halloween is of Christian origin, so why wouldn't Christians celebrate it?

This from wiki .......... It's pagan.

Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of "All Hallows' evening"),[5] also known as Allhalloween,[6] All Hallows' Eve,[7] or All Saints' Eve,[8] is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the observance of Allhallowtide,[9] the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the departed.[10][11]

One theory holds that many Halloween traditions were influenced by Celtic harvest festivals, particularly the Gaelic festival Samhain, which are believed to have pagan roots;[12][13][14][15] some go further and suggest that Samhain may have been Christianized as All Hallow's Day, along with its eve, by the early Church.[16] Other academics believe Halloween began solely as a Christian holiday, being the vigil of All Hallow's Day.[17][18][19][20] Celebrated in Ireland and Scotland, in the 19th century, Irish and Scottish migrants brought many Halloween customs to North America,[21][22] and then through American influence, Halloween spread to many other countries by the 21st century.[23][24]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

The person that made this video is seriously damn dumb.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of "All Hallows' evening"),[5] also known as Allhalloween,[6] All Hallows' Eve,[7] or All Saints' Eve,[8] is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the observance of Allhallowtide,[9] the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the departed.[10][11]

One theory holds that many Halloween traditions were influenced by Celtic harvest festivals, particularly the Gaelic festival Samhain, which are believed to have pagan roots;[12][13][14][15] some go further and suggest that Samhain may have been Christianized as All Hallow's Day, along with its eve, by the early Church.[16] Other academics believe Halloween began solely as a Christian holiday, being the vigil of All Hallow's Day.[17][18][19][20] Celebrated in Ireland and Scotland, in the 19th century, Irish and Scottish migrants brought many Halloween customs to North America,[21][22] and then through American influence, Halloween spread to many other countries by the 21st century.[23][24]

How did you derive that it's pagan from that excerpt?

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Halloween has turned into a bizarre schitshow. It’s a stupid excuse for weird people to really get weird and semi-normal people to pretend they’re weird. Non event for us.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub

How did you derive that it's pagan from that excerpt?

Just do some research on it as we did many years ago. There is much on the subject out there. It goes back pre-Christian and like Christmas has been assimilated into main stream culture including Christian circles.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing is for sure All Hallows Eve has changed since I was a kid.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Absolutely not.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If they truly believed, Christians would never celebrate anything. They'd live their entire lives in masochistic self-denial, sacrifice, and suffering to be worthy of the infinite rewards they expect when they're dead. Enjoying anything repudiates their faith.

This is non sense. Your comments are based on complete Biblical ignorance.

Ecclesiastes 2:24 " There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment[a] in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God,"

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This video is geared towards believers. Unbelievers can (and do) do anything they want. There are no rules.

As a believer, can anyone name something Godly about halloween?

No.

It is worse than that. The holiday is pure paganism and celebrates death. Modern pagans know this full well.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Yes, they those events were carried out by Christians.
You just committed the "No True Scotsman Fallacy".

No true Scotsman, or appeal to purity, is an informal fallacy in which one attempts to protect their universal generalization from a falsifying counterexample by excluding the counterexample improperly.[1][2][3] Rather than abandoning the falsified universal generalization or providing evidence that would disqualify the falsifying counterexample, a slightly modified generalization is constructed ad-hoc to definitionally exclude the undesirable specific case and counterexamples like it by appeal to rhetoric.[4] This rhetoric takes the form of emotionally charged but nonsubstantive purity platitudes such as "true, pure, genuine, authentic, real", etc.[2][5]

Philosophy professor Bradley Dowden explains the fallacy as an "ad hoc rescue" of a refuted generalization attempt.[1] The following is a simplified rendition of the fallacy:[6]

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he puts sugar on his porridge."
Person A: "But no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

This is ignorant atheistic tripe parroted from the internet.

The "No True Scotsman Fallacy" does not apply if indeed there are real definitions for a Scotsman and said definition is relevant to the argument. IOW, Scottish people really do exist. Christians REALLY do exist.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by asheepdog
As a kid, my church put on a safe place to trick or treat and had good candy and other snacks. [bleep] the libtards.

It's not the Liberals who are against Halloween.

It's the Far Right Conservatives such as Slappy Hampster....the one's who are so far right they have to worry about falling off the edge of their young, flat earth.

No, you are uninformed.

People who are against Halloween are those who know it's pagan and celebrates death.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by asheepdog
As a kid, my church put on a safe place to trick or treat and had good candy and other snacks. [bleep] the libtards.

It's not the Liberals who are against Halloween.

It's the Far Right Conservatives such as Slappy Hampster....the one's who are so far right they have to worry about falling off the edge of their young, flat earth.

Flat earth fable is another one of those lies propagated by atheists, satanists and various other a who hate christianity. Your argument is intended to discredit christianity and it's Founder by interjecting false narratives that were not held by christians.
BTW, I know what a true Bible believing Christian is.
They weren't the poope's and Cardinals' inquisiting soldiers.

True words.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by krp
I actually listen to his points as it was just 5 minutes, first time I've listen to someone's link...

God bless him but it was dumb... not harmful, just dumb.

Kent

Hahaha!

Your contributions continue to be empty.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by krp
I actually listen to his points as it was just 5 minutes, first time I've listen to someone's link...

Kent

Hahaha!

And you think Rocky was serious.

You are still a retard.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
HC likes to jale the weenie.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Hahaha!

You are still a retard.

It doesn't matter if he was serious or not. The words needed refuting. That's how truth works.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Tell us about the Easter Bunny next you fugging dope.

Is he real or not???

Kent makes you retards look like you are standing still.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Non sense. You have no idea what Christianity is if you think such a thing.

Beyond that, it makes no difference what the origin is. The modern celebration is being embraced by the current pagan revival in the west. This alone tells you it should be refuted by Christians.

https://www.goodfight.org/articles/cults-occult/halloween-satanic-holiday/

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Hahaha!

You are still a retard.

It doesn't matter if he was serious or not. The words needed refuting. That's how truth works.

Old Bat would not know the truth if it poked him in the eye.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Most of your dumb schit came from the Pagans and the Zoroastrians.

I am MAGA.
Page 7 of 38 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,783
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.