Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 38 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 37 38
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by auk1124
My grandma, bless her heart, wasn't cheap but never really understood trick or treating. She would always give us a banana and a returnable bottle of RC cola. 😁

The real cheap azz fuggs growing up in Maine.
Where the fuggs giving out apples from trees in the yards.
All picked with your caring hands and schitt....

Ok dickheads we got ya...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©

Thanks...
Kerplunk..... apple in your bag...

Walk away...

Knead the fugg outta those things.
Get em all squishy soft.

Incoming azzholes!!!!!
House getting apple bombed...

Cheap fuggs....

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
My grandma, bless her heart, wasn't cheap but never really understood trick or treating. She would always give us a banana and a returnable bottle of RC cola. 😁

Thanks...

Walk away...

Get em all squishy soft.

Incoming azzholes!!!!!

Cheap fuggs....

The cheap ones here would go to the market or the Ben Franklin dime store, and get a bag of that old time Brachs hard candy that used to be sold loose. Probably 50 cents a pound or something, dip the scoop in the bin and fill your bag.

Then they would give you a single piece of it.

"Here you go kid, one butterscotch disc"

We always tossed that schidt, along with the smarties.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I listened to a debate and came away with the idea that he did not believe in the deity of Christ. What do you think about that?
I am glad you brought this up. How is it that we believe in one God and believe Jesus was God? Who the heck was he praying to? Do you believe it is necessary to believe in the virgin birth? Can salvation be obtained if one discards the writings of Paul and concentrates on the teachings of the old testament and John and Jesus? Examine your beliefs and let me know your thoughts. I am not going to get into private communication with you.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

Thanks...

Walk away...

Get em all squishy soft.

Incoming azzholes!!!!!

Cheap fuggs....

The cheap ones here would go to the market or the Ben Franklin dime store, and get a bag of that old time Brachs hard candy that used to be sold loose. Probably 50 cents a pound or something, dip the scoop in the bin and fill your bag.

Then they would give you a single piece of it.

"Here you go kid, one butterscotch disc"

We always tossed that schidt, along with the smarties.

Cheap azz fuggs....

Always looking to screw over a kid on Debils night...

😑😑😑😑😑

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The little Tootsie Rolls always sucked.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
The failing of the church is selling conversions as a shield of God against worldly suffering, earthly rewards for faith.

Man had it wrong so Jesus came to set the correct example, he didn't come cause man was doing it right... and then man almost immediately started down the path of doing it wrong again.

Jesus came to show how unimportant worldly suffering, hardship, persecution, torture, physical death are, compared to faith and spiritual resurrection. What God can give us here is the will to endure and the strength of fearlessness, spiritual peace/relief regardless of pain/suffering/persecution.

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not confined in a book.

God left man here on earth with free will, individual man and man as a whole, the chit that happens to us here isn't on God nor will he save you, it's on man and self inflicted.
I’m always glad when you participate in these discussions. Your insight and knowledge and contributions are refreshing.

The issue of pain and suffering and injustice in the world is a big problem…for many people, and understandably so…when it comes to maintaining faith in God. Many people have stepped back from God because of their inability to reconcile the pain and suffering and injustice in the world with a good and loving God. There's a lot of tension between God and pain, God and injustice, God and sorrow, and God and devastation in the world...and how we resolve those issues with a good and loving God. Interestingly enough, it's primarily a big deal with the people in the Western world and people in first world countries...
Americans, Canadians, and Europeans. In other parts of the world, in the midst of extraordinary poverty and anguish, you'll also find extraordinary faith...'not' extraordinary doubt.

The 'logic' says if God is good, He would get rid of all pain, suffering, and injustice. If God could, He would get rid of all pain, suffering, and injustice. So either He lacks 'good', or He lacks 'could'...there is either a problem with His willingness or His ability...or...there is no God at all. That's what some people's logic tells them.

Is it right to use *other* people's pain and suffering and injustice to draw *our own* conclusions about God...? Is it right to use other people's pain and suffering and injustice to build *our own* case against God...?

To me, that’s casting a pretty wide net. If we have not walked in their shoes, then we don't know. We'd have to talk with each one of them, individually, about their pain and their suffering and their injustice to know how it affects their conclusion about God. For many, it might draw them closer to God, rather than push them away. If we use our own pain and suffering and injustice to draw our own conclusions about God...that's wholly different.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I never understood why a candy that was supposed to be chewy, was always as hard as a rock.

My theory is that they made a million pounds of Tootsie Rolls for the GIs in World War II, and after the war they kept selling the leftovers for the next 40 years.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by krp
The failing of the church is selling conversions as a shield of God against worldly suffering, earthly rewards for faith.

Man had it wrong so Jesus came to set the correct example, he didn't come cause man was doing it right... and then man almost immediately started down the path of doing it wrong again.

Jesus came to show how unimportant worldly suffering, hardship, persecution, torture, physical death are, compared to faith and spiritual resurrection. What God can give us here is the will to endure and the strength of fearlessness, spiritual peace/relief regardless of pain/suffering/persecution.

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not confined in a book.

God left man here on earth with free will, individual man and man as a whole, the chit that happens to us here isn't on God nor will he save you, it's on man and self inflicted.

I’m always glad when you participate in these discussions. Your insight and knowledge and contributions are refreshing.

+1, to both of you.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by krp

The issue of pain and suffering and injustice in the world is a big problem…for many people, and understandably so…when it comes to maintaining faith in God. Many people have stepped back from God because of their inability to reconcile the pain and suffering and injustice in the world with a good and loving God. There's a lot of tension between God and pain, God and injustice, God and sorrow, and God and devastation in the world...and how we resolve those issues with a good and loving God. Interestingly enough, it's primarily a big deal with the people in the Western world and people in first world countries...
Americans, Canadians, and Europeans. In other parts of the world, in the midst of extraordinary poverty and anguish, you'll also find extraordinary faith...'not' extraordinary doubt.

The 'logic' says if God is good, He would get rid of all pain, suffering, and injustice. If God could, He would get rid of all pain, suffering, and injustice. So either He lacks 'good', or He lacks 'could'...there is either a problem with His willingness or His ability...or...there is no God at all. That's what some people's logic tells them.

Is it right to use *other* people's pain and suffering and injustice to draw *our own* conclusions about God...? Is it right to use other people's pain and suffering and injustice to build *our own* case against God...?

To me, that’s casting a pretty wide net. If we have not walked in their shoes, then we don't know. We'd have to talk with each one of them, individually, about their pain and their suffering and their injustice to know how it affects their conclusion about God. For many, it might draw them closer to God, rather than push them away. If we use our own pain and suffering and injustice to draw our own conclusions about God...that's wholly different.

Here are messages I fully support.

οΏ½Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.οΏ½
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I never understood why a candy that was supposed to be chewy, was always as hard as a rock.

My theory is that they made a million pounds of Tootsie Rolls for the GIs in World War II, and after the war they kept selling the leftovers for the next 40 years.

Just like Spam.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Throw in the other flavored tootsie rolls.

They really sucked....

Always felt kinda fuqked over with tootsie rolls in the bag at the end of Debils night....
😑😑😑
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Last edited by renegade50; 10/26/21.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by RHutch
Define β€œcelebrate”

Damn you, What else can celebrate ever mean ?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Yup, and they should hang effigies of witches from the trees in their yards with Let’s Go Brandon signs around their necks, thereby offending both Wokesters and Demoncrats simultaneously.

Except for Satanists and other crackpots, Halloween is just an excuse to dress up and eat too much sugar.

Leave them kids alone!

I stand to differ with you comment sir.
I is like saying Christmas isn't sacred to Christians and Salah is not sacred to Muslims. Think about it.
They culture behind it is very attractive a we humans can't say no to cheap and delicious sweets... so the formats for the celebrations ropes us all in. I don't think Christians should celebrate Halloween.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not a confined in a book.

God uses Spirit filled people to shepherd His flock. It has been that way since the beginning. Many of those people are in the pulpit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brownpapabear
Originally Posted by RHutch
Define β€œcelebrate”
Damn you, What else can celebrate ever mean ?
Well…regarding Halloween…on one hand, it can mean simply letting your kiddos dress up in costume and go trick or treating to get a buncha candy. Period. Nothin’ more than fun for the kids. On the other hand, it can mean cuttin’ the head off a chicken and sprinklin’ the blood into a circle and getting in the center of it and worshippin’ the devil while you drink blood out of a goat’s skull.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by krp

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not a confined in a book.

God uses Spirit filled people to shepherd His flock. It has been that way since the beginning. Many of those people are in the pulpit.

another false prophet.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by krp

another false prophet.

Who prophesied. I'm sure you are convinced you are a word wizard with the one liners.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by krp

another false prophet.

Who prophesied. I'm sure you are convinced you are a word wizard with the one liners.

You think you are "spirit filled".

No, you are schit filled. Big difference.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by brownpapabear
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Yup, and they should hang effigies of witches from the trees in their yards with Let’s Go Brandon signs around their necks, thereby offending both Wokesters and Demoncrats simultaneously.

Except for Satanists and other crackpots, Halloween is just an excuse to dress up and eat too much sugar.

Leave them kids alone!

I stand to differ with you comment sir.
I is like saying Christmas isn't sacred to Christians and Salah is not sacred to Muslims. Think about it.
They culture behind it is very attractive a we humans can't say no to cheap and delicious sweets... so the formats for the celebrations ropes us all in. I don't think Christians should celebrate Halloween.

Just because I drink a shot of Jamison on St. Patrick's Day, that doesn't mean I'm going to start setting car bombs and killing the British.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 21 of 38 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,195
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.