Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Fubarski
.gov and its laws killed marriage.

Nope .... It is both our country's increasing godlessness that is killing marriage and society in general.

The laws are ungodly. Have a kid and she owns you. You do it her way or you are screwed.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by schoolmarm

Been with my dear wife 51yrs, loved every minute..

Just got better for me as my wife has taken long service leave prior to retiring early with a super payout...I am getting THREE cooked meals a day!

I am like a pig in shit, loving having a housewife at home who serves up a hot meal when I come home for lunch, AND everything will soon be paid off with a couple of hundred grand in the bank

In ten years I will retire and access my super as well...then we will travel for a look-see.

If the NWO lets you travel. There is that carbon tax thing in the air you know, and the WEF thing about them owning everything.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/31/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You jackasses have done your part to ruin marriage as well.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

My nephews and nieces lived with someone and even had kids before they got married to them…. WOW.

If you were single later in life would you even think about it… most kids these days are waiting until they are nearly 30 or so, and divorce is so ugly money wise I don’t know if it’s worth it anymore.

Hard talking to kids about this kind of stuff if you haven’t thought about it in 30 plus years.

Married or not you had a child together, you're getting a divorce if you go separate ways. Own joint property, both names on a lease or bill, you're getting a divorce. Not being married doesn't protect you from divorce if you do stupid things together. I have a buddy who lived with a woman for nearly 20 years, they kept things separate but had a child together. When they got done with their divorce it was still an expensive process, he did get joint custody so he didn't have child support but I think she got maintenance for three years.

I waited until I was 38 to get married, I have a great wife and I love being married to her. I also have the most amazing daughter from being married, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I just wasn't around for her conception to five years old, but don't tell me I'm not her dad.

If you don't see the benifits from a stable, strong, and loving marriage then you're falling prey to what the progressives want you to believe. They don't want a strong family that isn't dependent on their hand outs. That's why so many of their programs a designed to enslave, rather than lift the people out of their situations

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Women have always been the more suggestible sex since before Eve decided it would be a good idea to listen to a snake and bite the apple.

80% of divorces are initiated by the woman.

Nowadays most girls and young women are being told life isn’t about motherhood and family, and if they do have a baby , they can raise the child without a father being present.

Most of us get our core values at an early age from our parents, increasing numbers of Americans are the children of broken marriages, so that becomes a norm.

The disincentives for guys to commit to marriage are wel known. Other than that, compared to women, guys ain’t much different from how they’ve always been. I do not envy young men today.

On the radio Oliver North recently proclaimed Russia to be a dying nation since their fertility rate is down to 1.3 kids per woman. The same is true across Europe. We’re still hanging in there at replacement-level, 2.1, but that’s mostly due to recent immigrants.

What we’re learning is that without committed marriages a nation is doomed. Committed marriage is mostly a function of religious values.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Nope .... It is both our country's increasing godlessness that is killing marriage and society in general.

The laws are ungodly. Have a kid and she owns you. You do it her way or you are screwed.

How Godly of you to resent the requirement for child support!

And I have to laugh at idiots who think their partner in life does not deserve 50% of the gains made during their married life, should he decide to kick her to the curb.

There is nothing more appropriate than community property laws.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

How Godly of you to resent the requirement for child support!

And I have to laugh at idiots who think their partner in life does not deserve 50% of the gains made during their married life, should he decide to kick her to the curb.

There is nothing more appropriate than community property laws.

👍

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Anybody know which governor first signed “no fault” divorce into law?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Smith and Wesson.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Women have always been the more suggestible sex since before Eve decided it would be a good idea to listen to a snake and bite the apple.

80% of divorces are initiated by the woman.

Nowadays most girls and young women are being told life isn’t about motherhood and family, and if they do have a baby , they can raise the child without a father being present.

Most of us get our core values at an early age from our parents, increasing numbers of Americans are the children of broken marriages, so that becomes a norm.

The disincentives for guys to commit to marriage are wel known. Other than that, compared to women, guys ain’t much different from how they’ve always been. I do not envy young men today.

On the radio Oliver North recently proclaimed Russia to be a dying nation since their fertility rate is down to 1.3 kids per woman. The same is true across Europe. We’re still hanging in there at replacement-level, 2.1, but that’s mostly due to recent immigrants.

What we’re learning is that without committed marriages a nation is doomed. Committed marriage is mostly a function of religious values.

A couple can be a committed entity without actual marriage.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Most women tell me that it’s very hard to find a good man. Black women will tell you that for sure.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Be a real bummer to marry someone just to find out you weren’t compatible when it comes to living together.

If you stick at it long enough, at some point you might just find you werent very compatible to begin with. lol

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Chicken, egg.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
.gov laws have put a profit motive inta divorce.

Marry someone with less, and they're a full partner, and get half of one person's hard work.

If ya was livin on a waiter/waitress budget fore ya got married, ya should be able ta live on it after the divorce. Does a divorcee suddenly become more precious?

"Child" support is really mom support.

Get divorced and ya get paid. Free house, free $, food stamps. No incentive to stay or try and work it out.

.gov has no business bein involved in "marriage", from licenses ta divorce cases.

Whinin bout child support?

Fine.

Let the other parent have the kid, cause they actually work and can afford it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
From my small sample size, people who get married in their 30s and have kids do a pretty good job compared to those in their 20s.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Houston_2

True, but the numbers are telling us that doesn’t happen often enough to support a viable population.

Heck, it doesn’t even have to be a Christian marriage, the Hindus and Sikhs are still doing OK.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Smith and Wesson.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
.gov laws have put a profit motive inta divorce.

Marry someone with less, and they're a full partner, and get half of one person's hard work.

If ya was livin on a waiter/waitress budget fore ya got married, ya should be able ta live on it after the divorce. Does a divorcee suddenly become more precious?

"Child" support is really mom support.

Get divorced and ya get paid. Free house, free $, food stamps. No incentive to stay or try and work it out.

.gov has no business bein involved in "marriage", from licenses ta divorce cases.

Whinin bout child support?

Fine.

Let the other parent have the kid, cause they actually work and can afford it.

Will you marry me?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane. This was the song we performed at the Greek Week air band competition at the U of Oregon. I sang lead.

First (maybe only) act in history to be DQ’d for song content.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Houston_2

True, but the numbers are telling us that doesn’t happen often enough to support a viable population.

Humans been round for millions a years, without marriage.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,155 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,793
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.