Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by poboy
I expect the biden cartel to legalize pot use soon.

Prohibition didn't stop people from drinking.

The gov't spent a fortune trying to stop the sale and use of booze and it made some criminals very rich.

And the gvt poisoned people during prohibition.

Freedom is free to do stupid things. And things you or I (to no one in particular) may not like or agree with.

For me the problem is , in the us , researchers can’t even do research to see if there are potential medical uses. Let them study it and present the facts. I personally knew terminal cancer patients that got some relief from marijuana.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Pot is a gateway drug. It dulls the senses and is the cause of a lot of auto wrecks. I don't see any good coming from it. Sure alcohol is addictive and dangerous. I don't think we need to add to our recreational drug problems any more than we already have.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to and don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong.

A lot of the bullshitt in America wouldn't be happening if people followed this. ^^^^

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't drink alcohol, use drugs, nor ever smoked cigarettes etc.

That being said, I have no use for dope, or those that smoke or use it...

same with drugs, they don't need. just to get high... I don't get the need to have a continual vacation from society, by anesthetizing your mind.

People can do what ever they want to, but I support it being illegal.

how much of this transient problem we experience ALL over this nation, revolves around drug use? Pretty much all of it.. it becomes a life style, yet so many people
think we have to support it, because these poor people are so down and out... its called "enabling" people. any 12 step program will tell you that.

"Well it doesn't harm anyone but the user"..... no its gotten to the point unchecked and pushed be leftist democRats, that it has effected the entire nation now. Financially, socially, and politically . These people are nothing but a financial burden to society and the rest of us are suppose to pay the price tag for them.

They won't get a damn penny of support from me.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t give two schits about marijuana usage. It’s impact on society is like a grain of sand on the bottom of the ocean floor compared to the impact of alcohol alone on society.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its a gateway drug for many. It shouldn’t be in a vehicle and DWI can kill somebody’s grandkids. It does have profound problems associated as its not the same weed as 1970.

It is addictive, just look at the frequency of its use and just try to stop using it, you can’t.

If liberals push it like they do abortion and their other agendas then it must me a society killer.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 11/02/21.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rainshot
Pot is a gateway drug. It dulls the senses and is the cause of a lot of auto wrecks. I don't see any good coming from it. Sure alcohol is addictive and dangerous. I don't think we need to add to our recreational drug problems any more than we already have.

I have to disagree with that statement. Look at who is smoking weed in the states that allow it. Mostly middle age and older. People with personalities that overdo pills, booze or gambling ( I know a bunch who abuse all three) didn’t get that way from weed. By the way isn’t it convenient that booze and weed are taxed? Also lots of states have lotteries to. I don’t know if prescriptions are taxed, nothing would surprise me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bull crap

Anything a liberal pushes, turns the world to crap

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I don’t personally care who smokes that stuff. But! A dope head is a dope head. Stupid is as stupid does. Edk

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was smoking weed when I was 22 and look how I turned out.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Every pothead I have known became an apathetic loser. Synonymous with Deomocrat.

Of course, the same thing can be said for every booze hound I have known.

same/same

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
It’s a gateway drug for many.
The biggest gateway drugs are cigarettes and alcohol, especially alcohol. Everything else pales in comparison. Everything.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Drugs and alcohol are equal opportunity endeavors. Conservative or liberal all are welcomed by its influence. They aren’t all liberals lining up at the legal weed stores or liquor stores and bars.

Last edited by Mike_S; 11/02/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry brother, I didn’t say it were the only gateway but this genetic modified high potency stuff is not just a gateway drug, it is a potent drug.

I didn’t say it were only liberals either.

I just say look at the things they push and its plain as day,

They push things that destroy morality, health, and American institutions.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Lol don't blame gun violence on inanimate objects but that inanimate plant...it's baaaaad lol

The only thing worse than a politician is a lazy thinker. Losers smoke weed so it must make you a loser.

How about...the people who were gonna be meth heads started with whatever they could get which happened to be weed.

They also started with Cheetos and beer. No one worries about snacks and Coors light

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Weed bad

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
STRWilson;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be decent down in Georgia and other than your neighbor's issues your world is going more towards better than worse.

As my friend Super Cub mentioned, it's been legal up here across the medicine line for a few years now, but honestly before that unless one was caught with bales of it the authorities weren't spending too, too much energy enforcing simple possession.

Has it made a significant difference in Canadian society? I'd suggest its too early to tell long tern, but short term likely not.

On the last job I worked before my first attempt at retirement, one lunch break I asked my entire crew if what their personal consumption was and all of them were daily users of some form of cannabinoid product.

About 2/3 smoked it in the traditional way, the remainder used gummies or vaped.

The "traditional" smokers said none of them bought their pot at government approved shops as the prices were too high and there wasn't enough selection as well as inferior quality. So much for the government projections as to how many tax dollars they were going to rake in from legal pot sales.

Talking to friends who are fire fighters - so first on in motor vehicle accidents sometimes - and LEO, there's not a lot of accidents caused by pot or where it was a contributing factor. Folks up here still drink alcohol, drive and cause highway mayhem by a huge margin over pot.

Do I personally believe it makes you sharper? No not at all.

Do I think smoking anything is a bad idea for your health in the long term? Yes, yes I do.

Have I seen where pot gummies are working for pain relief with little or no adverse side effects as opposed to opioids prescribed by doctors? Yes, multiple times actually.

No, I don't use it and no I'm not a teatotaller either, so I can't get too high on my soap box as I'm pretty sure even small amounts of alcohol aren't the best thing some of my internal parts need either, but on days like yesterday where I felt the need for a wee bit of Irish whisky before bed after a rather large load of firewood came down from the mountain and was cut, split and piled, well it did take care of the aches for sure.

I'm not sure I've answered your question specifically sir, but that's more or less what we see up here in our section of mostly rural, predominantly conservative part of interior BC.

All the best to you as we head into winter.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
1. Stay the hell out of your neighbors' arguments.

2. Humans have done everything possible to get high since Oog munched a mushroom. Especially rationalizing how harmless it is.

Back when I had occasion to see hard drug users every one I saw had started with pot. So, Gateway drug? I'd say yes. Are there others? Sure, but don't discount pot in that regard.

Retired cat herder.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Man those bicycles are gateways to DUI then. Better stay away lol

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Everyone who ate carrots in 1829 is dead too.

And water is the gateway to beer.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

488 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 49 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,030
Posts18,520,938
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.