Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Note to antlers, etc: nowhere can you find me saying I don't rationalize my own use. That reinforces my statement rather than weakening it. Nor, by the way, can you find any comment from me condemning use, as anyone with even minimal reading comprehension would know. Not a shred of hypocrisy on my balance sheet.

Once again, for the slow-witted: It does not matter what people choose to get high; they are going to come up with some excuse or reason why it's okay for them to do so.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Oh damn look at that gateway to being a billionaire

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If he is a good kid and shows a lot of self control and maturity, There's nothing to worry about.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
OP has a future in fiction writing.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Lots of people don’t smoke pot. Any of them that didn’t become a doctor or a millionaire are lazy pieces of trash.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
His nosy wife decided to check out Jr’s vehicle (which he purchased with his own money) only to find an unsmoked joint in his car. She then blows a gasket and has a complete and comprehensive meltdown as if she discovered a dead body in his trunk. She's always seriously emotional about pretty much everything.

I assume her name is Karen !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Note to antlers, etc: nowhere can you find me saying I don't rationalize my own use. That reinforces my statement rather than weakening it. Nor, by the way, can you find any comment from me condemning use, as anyone with even minimal reading comprehension would know. Not a shred of hypocrisy on my balance sheet. Once again, for the slow-witted: It does not matter what people choose to get high; they are going to come up with some excuse or reason why it's okay for them to do so.
RockyRabb, my post wasn’t in response to ‘just’ you, but I did take it other than the way you clarified above; I apologize.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Geeze....Rocky needs a toke this morning!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unlawful user of marijuana=lose your gun rights!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
Pot is a gateway drug.

I'm not going to argue that point one way or another.

Whether it's illegal or not doesn't make it a gateway drug or not.

Furthermore, not everyone who smokes is a pothead, the same as everyone who drinks is not an alcoholic.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My neighbor’s 22 year old son was in town over the weekend. His nosy wife decided to check out Jr’s vehicle (which he purchased with his own money) only to find an unsmoked joint in his car. She then blows a gasket and has a complete and comprehensive meltdown as if she discovered a dead body in his trunk. She's always seriously emotional about pretty much everything.

So I get the phone call later that day that my neighbor needs a drink and he’s coming over. He relates the whole matter and how his wife reacted. I said, Would she rather find a pack of cigarettes or piles of bottles? There are worse things in the world than a joint, like cancer and death from drunk driving. He’s a very conservative guy, but totally gets the unfounded hysteria over pot.

So what is everyone’s take on the issue of Cannabis? Would you rather your adult children be addicted to nicotine or alcohol, or smoke the occasional joint?

Prefer no addiction.

Your words downplay "...the occasional joint". Weed of today is NOT the same weed from ten years ago. It is highly addictive. Don't bullshit your occasional self.

Cannabis is not different than tobacco or alcohol.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'll repeat: Users rationalize use.
You just had a thread a few days ago about you and your wife drinking ‘cocktails’ and boozing it up.
lol

hy·poc·ri·sy: noun
~ the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform.

Their bourbon or Manhattan’s or Old Fashioned’s or other booze on a regular basis is OK, but other people’s weed use isn’t.

lol some more
One drink doesn't make one drunk or even buzzed. One joint does however make one stoned.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
One drink doesn't make one drunk or even buzzed. One joint does however make one stoned.
Typical hypocritical rationale; “My drug of choice is OK but your drug of choice isn’t OK.” “I approve of my drug of choice but I don’t approve of your drug of choice.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by acloco
My neighbor’s 22 year old son was in town over the weekend. His nosy wife decided to check out Jr’s vehicle (which he purchased with his own money) only to find an unsmoked joint in his car. She then blows a gasket and has a complete and comprehensive meltdown as if she discovered a dead body in his trunk. She's always seriously emotional about pretty much everything.

So I get the phone call later that day that my neighbor needs a drink and he’s coming over. He relates the whole matter and how his wife reacted. I said, Would she rather find a pack of cigarettes or piles of bottles? There are worse things in the world than a joint, like cancer and death from drunk driving. He’s a very conservative guy, but totally gets the unfounded hysteria over pot.

So what is everyone’s take on the issue of Cannabis? Would you rather your adult children be addicted to nicotine or alcohol, or smoke the occasional joint?

Prefer no addiction.

Your words downplay "...the occasional joint". Weed of today is NOT the same weed from ten years ago. It is highly addictive. Don't bullshit your occasional self.

Cannabis is not different than tobacco or alcohol.

How is weed of today “highly addictive”?
It is for sure better quality that much is true...

The effects of weed on a person are tremendously different than either tobacco and alcohol. What specifically do you mean?

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Friggen liberals and their lyrics:

"I don't want much of nothin' at all,But I will take another toke."

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
All the guys arguing against how evil a plant is, have no experience with it or open mindedness to be able to learn facts about something new.

Same as the guys who hate a cartridge they have never used. It's pathological.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 11/02/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A post by one of the most reasonable, and generally reasoned, individuals on the Campfire is worth a replay.

Thanks Dwayne, and a good day to you.

Originally Posted by BC30cal
STRWilson;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be decent down in Georgia and other than your neighbor's issues your world is going more towards better than worse.

As my friend Super Cub mentioned, it's been legal up here across the medicine line for a few years now, but honestly before that unless one was caught with bales of it the authorities weren't spending too, too much energy enforcing simple possession.

Has it made a significant difference in Canadian society? I'd suggest its too early to tell long tern, but short term likely not.

On the last job I worked before my first attempt at retirement, one lunch break I asked my entire crew if what their personal consumption was and all of them were daily users of some form of cannabinoid product.

About 2/3 smoked it in the traditional way, the remainder used gummies or vaped.

The "traditional" smokers said none of them bought their pot at government approved shops as the prices were too high and there wasn't enough selection as well as inferior quality. So much for the government projections as to how many tax dollars they were going to rake in from legal pot sales.

Talking to friends who are fire fighters - so first on in motor vehicle accidents sometimes - and LEO, there's not a lot of accidents caused by pot or where it was a contributing factor. Folks up here still drink alcohol, drive and cause highway mayhem by a huge margin over pot.

Do I personally believe it makes you sharper? No not at all.

Do I think smoking anything is a bad idea for your health in the long term? Yes, yes I do.

Have I seen where pot gummies are working for pain relief with little or no adverse side effects as opposed to opioids prescribed by doctors? Yes, multiple times actually.

No, I don't use it and no I'm not a teatotaller either, so I can't get too high on my soap box as I'm pretty sure even small amounts of alcohol aren't the best thing some of my internal parts need either, but on days like yesterday where I felt the need for a wee bit of Irish whisky before bed after a rather large load of firewood came down from the mountain and was cut, split and piled, well it did take care of the aches for sure.

I'm not sure I've answered your question specifically sir, but that's more or less what we see up here in our section of mostly rural, predominantly conservative part of interior BC.

All the best to you as we head into winter.

Dwayne

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
All the guys arguing against how evil a plant is, have no experience with it or open mindedness to be able to learn facts about something new.

Damn Creedmore cartridges, of any variety.

Who needs 'em anyway.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think some people have seen the whole movie and believe it is a documentary:
( A plant with its roots in HELL no less)

In it is contentment

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Damn Creedmore cartridges, of any variety.

Who needs 'em anyway.

Yep. Gateway to the 9.3mm Mauser.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.