Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I error on the side of Liberty.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by SCgman1
How will the legalization of cannabis improve highway transportation for those of us who don't use pot and currently drive triggered dodging the present insanity using our highways?

Your lack of logic is revealing. It is illegal to drive impaired. People still do it but it is illegal. The thing about pot is that anyone who doesn't smoke can easily tell if someone has been getting high in a car, sometimes ten feet away from the car. point being they are easily caught and most pot smokers know this. It currently has been shown that the most dangerous person on the road is on engrossed in his or her cell phone. Texting or watching video's while driving is just about the most dangerous activity I can think of while driving. Being super drunk compares but not as many people do that.

I was thinking more along the lines of driving while still high from earlier use........not smoking while driving....

I'm not a user so no......I cant apply a ton of logic......that's why I asked the question.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've never in my life seen pot work out well for anyone. The best outcome seems to be [bleep] job performance and underemployment. On the worse end of the spectrum is pretty severe mental illness, family instability, etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Cost/benefit analysis would likely show that the overall "war" on drugs has not proven effective at preventing drug abuse or issues relating to it.
It’s been an abysmal failure. Absolutely and completely. Overwhelmingly so.

ssshhh,

it's an evil weed.

roots in hell like the movie points out.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mike s: In my almost 30 years of dealing with drug addicts, drug dealers and drug crazed prostitutes/criminals as a LEO - I never came across one that did not start out as a "Cannabis" user!
Cannabis is a gateway drug and has NO positive long term effects on the human body or the human psyche.
Indeed some choose to become blotto by ingesting cannabis to "relieve pain" and I feel sorry for them and that necessity.
I have NEVER and will NEVER use the mary jane for any reason nor condone it for any of my family!
PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
It’s a fart in a category 5 hurricane compared to the damage that alcohol use has caused.

Most accurate post in the thread.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Cannabis is a gateway drug"

No more so than alcohol and nicotine (both very addictive) which are much easier to get.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's been on-the-books legal in AK since 2014 and defacto-legal through the state courts for about 30+ years pre-2014. I just came back inside from a trips out the the airstrip a few minutes ago and as near as I could tell, the sky was still located where it has always been. Legalizing weed has freed us up to attend other matters. Of course enforcement wasn't a priority to begin with anyway.

In my 30-odd years in LE I have yet to encounter a stoner who pulled a knife gun, bat, 2x4 on me or otherwise tried to kick my a$$. I can't count how many drunks I had to physically hurt and draw blood to subdue in the same number of years.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Never used it. Have no interest in using it. I couldn't care less if other people use it in their own home

But if you haven't witnessed someone eat an entire bag of edibles you should, it's phuuckking awesome........"it's just weed" turns into "is he on pcp?". Pretty cool stuff...for the sober, not the fella tripping balls.

While I don't care if people smoke meth, heroin, or weed. Let's not act like any of those substances can't render the user incapable of operating a M.V. or making sound decisions....just like alcohol.

But if you want, smoke all you can. Especially fentanyl laced varieties, it's more better.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 11/02/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's all addictive to some degree or another depending on the person and what it is, dosage, motivation and various other factors. The mother has a right to her feelings about her son since she cares about him and raised him.
That said, many women are prone to inappropriate reactions to these things, just as many men are. Rather than going to her husband and son about this, many would get on the megaphone and cry to her Girlfriends about it for sympathy and emotional support. Before you know it, she just trashed her son's reputation and limited his employment opportunities.
Gossip and railing accusations are common reactions that feminine emotional wrecks use all the time. Ever notice the trolls around here? They are exhibiting these feminine traits of insecurities as they lash out.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've never in my life seen pot work out well for anyone. The best outcome seems to be [bleep] job performance and underemployment. On the worse end of the spectrum is pretty severe mental illness, family instability, etc.

3.8 undergrad Geosciences
home mortgage paid off age 29
retired at 48

self manage paid-off investment properties part time now

chronic daily smoker for apprx 8 years during college and owner/operator of two sole proprietorships

Yeah, it’s a horrible thing to some mole from Salmon or Storm Lake

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord

retired at 48

chronic daily smoker for apprx 8 years during college and owner/operator of two sole proprietorships

Like any medication I believe it affects different people individually. The second to the last boss I worked for was a mechanical engineer by education. Borderline genius on the concept and processes of cold-motor testing of gas auto engines. He knew exactly what the test results indicated and what the issues were. Jewish by birth but not a staunch practitioner, he was a diehard conservative (maybe the weed?). His issue was that while being a great engineer he was a poor maintenance supervisor which he freely admitted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
Sure ruined this guy's life.

He'd probably be worth 600 billion instead of a measly 300 billion if he didn't smoke pot.

And we'd already have a growing Mars colony by now instead of remotely flying helicopters on it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Would you rather your adult children be addicted to nicotine or alcohol, or smoke the occasional joint?

None of the above.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Mike s: In my almost 30 years of dealing with drug addicts, drug dealers and drug crazed prostitutes/criminals as a LEO - I never came across one that did not start out as a "Cannabis" user!
Cannabis is a gateway drug and has NO positive long term effects on the human body or the human psyche.
Indeed some choose to become blotto by ingesting cannabis to "relieve pain" and I feel sorry for them and that necessity.
I have NEVER and will NEVER use the mary jane for any reason nor condone it for any of my family!
PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

It is only a gateway to breaking the law (that’s actually a big step to take for a lot of people). It is definitely NOT a gateway to harder drugs in and of itself.

It’s a tired argument that lacks logic.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord

retired at 48

Geosciences???

No way.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I was smoking weed when I was 22 and look how I turned out.

based on this moving personal testimony ....I am now in the camp of banning satan's smoke....bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
OP has a future in fiction writing.

good to see someone else sees that....everybody else is to stoned to make that astute observation....bob

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I error on the side of Liberty.
License is not liberty.

Politics is War by Other Means
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If mom is still supporting him, paying car insurance, whatever....she has every right to have a say in it. I know 22 year olds that are far from being an adult.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 270cowboy, 43 invisible), 1,773 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,630
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.