Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
More confidence that accepting the reality of God was the right thing for me to do.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
30 years ago I was pulling in to Elk camp and propped up against a tree next to a fire pit was a nice 14" skillet. Still using it today. It's the one in the back in this pic.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Very cool

Any numbers or identifying marks indicating who made the pan?

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Found about 10 pot plants

Oh yeahhhhh laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Aagaardsporter
Buck 110 folder.....someone must have left it on his bumper after dressing out a deer.

Or got aggravated trying to put a sharp edge on it, and chunked it as far as they could throw... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Was hunting Oregon Starky unit in the 90's got out of the tent and saw a Blazer drive by our tent and off the roof slid a gun case.
The rifle was still in it.
One of the guys in our group said the blazer was in the wall tent down the road from us. We left it in there tent went hunting got a visit that evening guy thanked us for returning it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JPro
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

TFF!

Have a skull story. NW Wyoming, way up Pacific Creek about 15 miles from the end of the Road is a great hunting spot called Colter's Meadow. Just South of YNP boundary. Ivan Schaefer went up there to hunt elk with his 2 buddies. Was early October of '96 as I recall. The other 2 left camp to hunt together but Ivan stayed behind by himself to hunt by camp. His buddies returned later to find Ivan gone. Couldn't find him so they packed out and reported him missing. Search parties tried but couldn't spot him anywhere. Area was completely burned out from the '88 Yellowstone fires. Easy to see a piece of orange cloth from a helicopter. Once snow covered the ground the search was halted.

Many years later an outfitter was leading a string of horses around the meadow. One horse kicked a round white object that was laying on the trail. He dismounted and picked it up. It was a human skull. He put it in a pack bag and turned it in to the Sherriff upon getting back to civilization. They checked the dental records and it was Ivan. Some critter found him and set him on the trail.

God Bless America
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Found an old Collins axe on the side of a dirt road a few months back. About got the head reconditioned, down to the sandpaper and whetstone stage. Still need to find the right piece of hickory.

House Handle Co.

Ask them to hand pick you one for grain orientation.

Thanks for that. Just ordered one, and a handle for a 4# sledge. Been looking online and having trouble finding the right eye size.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Late 70's deer hunt I climbed to the top of a ridge to a good look out spot and there on a rock was a leather case full of 8mm Mauser rounds and a well used Case hunting knife.
Once while duck hunting in the mid 90's I found a Leatherman engraved U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by visalia6mm
I just found a spotting scope along the roadside. Just sitting there on its tripod and all? What are the odds.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16606951/1/lost-spotter

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
30 years ago I was pulling in to Elk camp and propped up against a tree next to a fire pit was a nice 14" skillet. Still using it today. It's the one in the back in this pic.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Very cool

Any numbers or identifying marks indicating who made the pan?

No markings anywhere on it that I could find.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
About 5 or 6 years ago (maybe even a little more) my son and I were launching my bass boat at a local lake and he says dad I can see a flashlight in the water next to the dock. I gave him the net and he pulled out a XLR250 Kill Light. Nice light, works great.

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Many years ago in SE Oklahoma I found a Mora knife laying in an old logging road. I used yesterday evening to field dress a yound buck I killed with my crossbow. On a hunt in 2001 in Southern Utah I walked out on a rock point to glass some country. A deadfall was convenient to sit on and I did so. Right where I chose to sit and between my feet was a fanny pack with a pair of gloves and a 10x42 Swarovski binocular. The bag, gloves a binos looked like they had endured a season on the ground. Sent binoculars back to Swarovski and they refurbished them to new conditon. I still carry use them every year. 40 years ago in an area North of Creede, Colorado I found an old ax head and the bail from a wooden bucket stuck in a tree below an old mine entrance. I left both on the tree.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I hooked a nylon anchor line bottom fishing about 20 miles off shore years ago. Turned out to be a 150 foot, half inch line with 6 feet of chain and a 14 lb Danforth Anchor. I still have the anchor, but never have had a boat big enough to require an anchor that size. I use it to take up space in my garage.

Harry
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I find knowledge every time I'm in the woods. I use it every time I go into the woods. Which is often because it's right out my back yard.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I once found a Taurus semi-auto pistol in the wash under a water gap. It was pretty corroded but cleaned up decent and shot okay. Gave it to my son. Once found a car parked in a remote place on the ranch. It had been there a couple days. Driver had committed suicide. Either that or he knew some dirt on the Clintons and they suicided him.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Cost them something too.
Lol
#analvirginity

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by RUM7; 11/12/21.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, that's just really weird after HC deleted his post.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AZmark
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by AZmark
Just wondering what any of you have found out hunting that you put to use. I found this Solingen knife around 1977-79 while hunting north of Seligman AZ. I was stationed there while working for Santa Fe Railroad. The handle was cracked and partly missing so my brother who was pretty handy put the black epoxy handle on it for me. I still use it hunting 40+ years later.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Mark,

if you started in Seligman, and ended up in Alpine, you won the Arizona Olympics!

Sycamore

No, there was more than that, my migration around this state started in Eastern AZ towns of Morenci/Clifton and ranch/homestead in Alpine. Then working life took me on to Thatcher/Safford, Mesa, Flagstaff,/Williams for college, Seligman, Bagdad, Parker Dam (at the dam), Phoenix, back to my home in Alpine to help take care of elderly Mom who is now in assisted living in Eagar.

Alpine is pretty close to the top of places to live in AZ in my book. Sounds like you were not afraid to move to get a better job. There's less and less of that in AZ these days.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
During my brief stint with BLM in Ely, Nevada in 89 & 90, I was spending about a week out in the Duckwater area. I was on the job and not armed but that didn't keep me from scouting and exploring a lot. One morning I was up on the bench in the foothills of the mountain and came across a denim Levi jacket hanging in a small tree. It looked like it had been there for several months, at least...it was a nice one with heavy fleece lining and it fit me right, and obviously was well used. I still wear that jacket occasionally. I think about the sheep herder who likely left it there each time I put it on, and I think I probably should have left it there. He may have expected to find it next time he passed through.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,444
Posts18,470,916
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.