Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by auk1124
There are at least two seperate reports in this thread of relatives' kids taking their britches off and sitting on furniture.

What the hell. I didn't even know this was a thing. If I had went to Aunt Gertrude's house when I was a kid and rubbed my junk into her couch I would have had the schidt beat out of me.

Some of you all are related to feral monkey children.

what isn't being said is apparently no one tells these kids to wash their ass

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stonecutter
I've got an 11 yo lab that thinks he's a person and he hates dogs. About 4 years ago, my daughter moved back home and she has a little mut. He's a cool dog and my dog tolerates him. One Christmas a few years ago, we had a schit load of people over. My son shows up with his big azz Australian Shephard that my dog hates and immediately pizzes on something. He's constantly up the other dogs azzes and brown nosing them which causes a ruckus. My SIL shows up with her 5 yo black lab that's totally out of control, who my dog also hates. She's jumping up on the table trying to steel food all night long. Then my daughter's friend shows up with her pug that all of the dogs hate. So now we have about 20 people and 5 dogs that hate each other. The dogs are running around barking and getting into each other's schit. What a clusterfuk. Now it's no dogs allowed. Leave them at home so that we can enjoy our time together.

Sounds like some of the roundups I have attended. Why not just stop by the dog pound and get a half dozen dogs and turn them loose? Dont get me wrong, I like dogs, my dog! I like kids too, my kids and their kids! Your dogs and kids not so much.

Last edited by 45_100; 11/23/21.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I guess I'm lucky. I have no close family. I have a good lady friend who has a neat daughter and son in law and we are invited to their home on thanksgiving and Christmas for dinner. They also have other friends over and it is a friendly civilized holiday gathering and meal. I know I'm blessed in this way.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I might be the one because the brother that wanted nothing to do with us died in September. My sister lives 1 mile away. I asked if they wanted to come over for Thanksgiving. She said she already shopped and had Thanksgiving dinner bought. I said OK and waited for "why don't you come over?" Nope.

Last edited by smarquez; 11/23/21.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
We're staying home, her kids are going to their in-laws, and my own mother is in stage four cancer, so neither my sister or I are really in a holiday mood. Mom will probably not make it to Christmas this year. None of us are looking forward to this year's Holiday season.

Sorry to hear about your mom. We were in your same position at Christmas last year. Mom could barely sit up and she passed on January 11. Christmas was not memorable last year.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We were going to invite a long time "friend" over for Thanksgiving. She's alone so it seemed like the right thing to do, right?

Over the course of time this person has pissed off every single person in her life to the point that they told her to her face not to ever contact them again. We were the last holdouts. That includes, ex-husband of 30 years, both son and daughter, mother on her death bed said don't let her in my room!, father for 15 years, sister, brother, co-workers, friends. She is very pleasant but is addicted to pain killers, constantly schemes, and is a petty thief, and pathological liar. If her lips are moving, she's lying. If she comes over, guard your medicine cabinet. She brings small gifts to ingratiate herself, even when you insist she not.

We hung in there with her until the other day. She called and said, "Hey, I'm helping clean out a house and there's some things over here you need". Sure who doesn't love a junk sale?

We picked up a few useful items like giant bags of potting soil but the prices she told us were not the prices the owner wanted. No problem, we paid what the owner wanted. Then she lied and said she got some of the money back which she hadn't but really, you lie to your friends over a $1 a bag?

And the pretty rocks in the yard that the owner said not to take, she put in our truck when we were inside looking at other items. And she wouldn't take no for an answer when I said I didn't want to try her drink. She couldn't let it go. I finally got her to look me in the eye and said, NO! And the pretty little glass dome that my wife asked about and was told no it's not for sale ended up in our bag. And the pile of "good stuff" in the garage Darcy was trying to sneak out, aka steal. "Oh, that's part of my payment for helping". When we got home and saw what had happened we said that's it. Took the items back that she had stuck in our bag and truck and explained to the lady in front of our friend that we DID NOT take her little glass globe, nor the other crap and here it was, and goodbye Darcy.

What's astounding to me is that every person in her life has tried to set her straight and eventually abandoned her for her stupid, petty garbage. People are their own worst enemy sometimes.

One lesson I learned young that stuck with me for life was when I had a boss that had a refrigerator full of Olympia beer. After working all day the crews would come in and he would sometimes offer someone a beer if he felt like they had worked extra hard that day. He would say, "Those are mine to give, not yours to take". So many people today never learned that simple lesson in what's right, and simple respect.

It's people like that teaching young people right from wrong that are missing in so many young lives today. Of course even the best of parents have an errant kid now and then, but most of these these people we see now causing all these problems had weak parents who didn't do their job.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
We were going to invite a long time "friend" over for Thanksgiving. She's alone so it seemed like the right thing to do, right?

Over the course of time this person has pissed off every single person in her life to the point that they told her to her face not to ever contact them again. We were the last holdouts. That includes, ex-husband of 30 years, both son and daughter, mother on her death bed said don't let her in my room!, father for 15 years, sister, brother, co-workers, friends. She is very pleasant but is addicted to pain killers, constantly schemes, and is a petty thief, and pathological liar. If her lips are moving, she's lying. If she comes over, guard your medicine cabinet. She brings small gifts to ingratiate herself, even when you insist she not.

We hung in there with her until the other day. She called and said, "Hey, I'm helping clean out a house and there's some things over here you need". Sure who doesn't love a junk sale?

We picked up a few useful items like giant bags of potting soil but the prices she told us were not the prices the owner wanted. No problem, we paid what the owner wanted. Then she lied and said she got some of the money back which she hadn't but really, you lie to your friends over a $1 a bag?

And the pretty rocks in the yard that the owner said not to take, she put in our truck when we were inside looking at other items. And she wouldn't take no for an answer when I said I didn't want to try her drink. She couldn't let it go. I finally got her to look me in the eye and said, NO! And the pretty little glass dome that my wife asked about and was told no it's not for sale ended up in our bag. And the pile of "good stuff" in the garage Darcy was trying to sneak out, aka steal. "Oh, that's part of my payment for helping". When we got home and saw what had happened we said that's it. Took the items back that she had stuck in our bag and truck and explained to the lady in front of our friend that we DID NOT take her little glass globe, nor the other crap and here it was, and goodbye Darcy.

What's astounding to me is that every person in her life has tried to set her straight and eventually abandoned her for her stupid, petty garbage. People are their own worst enemy sometimes.

One lesson I learned young that stuck with me for life was when I had a boss that had a refrigerator full of Olympia beer. After working all day the crews would come in and he would sometimes offer someone a beer if he felt like they had worked extra hard that day. He would say, "Those are mine to give, not yours to take". So many people today never learned that simple lesson in what's right, and simple respect.

It's people like that teaching young people right from wrong that are missing in so many young lives today. Of course even the best of parents have an errant kid now and then, but most of these these people we see now causing all these problems had weak parents who didn't do their job.

Great story.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flavor,
Have a Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

Beav

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Suckass

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Suckass

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too SB.

Beav

😬

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
😆

You too man.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'm pretty lucky about Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Its just us, our two boys and their wives and nine kids. Only pain in the azz was #1 sons first wife and she's gone to wreck someone else's life.
The twice yearly reunions are what suck. Wife has three brothers who are pretty cool but they all married flakes. The oldest is just plain, talk to her dolls, nuts. The youngest is a hypochondriac who can manage to ruin a meal out with her unreasonable Karenesque culinary requirements.
Middle one is the main pain. Husband is a retired engineer who made good money which she feels obligated to throw at "her" house and stuff. She never had a job, has her high school certificate, and thinks she is the queen. Can't refer to anything by its generic name. Not a car, "My Accord V6". Not a ski boat, " my Mastercraft". She had him build her a mansion on the lake (3/4 mill) then when she burned out her friends, sold it and bought a big place a hundred miles away and is having hubby rehab the whole thing. "Our Amish guy said this was the most expensive small kitchen he's ever done."
I mentioned that we had given all our stimulus checks to the kids and she said, "I gave my kids a good education so they make good money". Thing is, ours make better but it is a waste of time. I go to keep peace and have become pretty good at tuning her out. I did discover that she has developed some issues which suggest dementia so I will try to be nicer and I do feel for her husband.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Flavor,

Beav

GFY

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Flavor,

Beav

GFY

Planning on it.

Thanks, brother !

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly
😆

You too man.

👊🏽

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 61 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,176
Posts18,503,222
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.