Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by IZH27
Based On your posts HC you present God as a genie in a bottle. If you rub the bottle the right way, pray the right way, have the right kind of emotion, have enough emotion, say the right things, don’t say the wrong things you believe that you can manipulate God into granting your will.

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

The power and work of prayer is described in the Bible. It says nothing about emotion.

Do you believe in prayer?

Define prayer, there's about as many definitions as there are believers... let's hear your version.

Kent

Your words make no sense.

Prayer is making supplication to God. It is talking to God.

Let's hear how you pray, you have come here constantly challenging everyone else's Christianity, belief and now prayer. Many of us have opened up personally with our faith in Christ, yet you ask if we are Christians or believe in prayer.

Let's hear you pray.

Kent

Hmm…. You openly challenged me, my beliefs and salvation….then you declined to back up your statements. Now here you are again.

Your “challenges” remind me that Dunning-Kruger kid….. Starman.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Based On your posts HC you present God as a genie in a bottle. If you rub the bottle the right way, pray the right way, have the right kind of emotion, have enough emotion, say the right things, don’t say the wrong things you believe that you can manipulate God into granting your will.

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

The power and work of prayer is described in the Bible. It says nothing about emotion.

Define prayer, there's about as many definitions as there are believers... let's hear your version.

Kent

Let's hear how you pray, you have come here constantly challenging everyone else's Christianity, belief and now prayer. Many of us have opened up personally with our faith in Christ, yet you ask if we are Christians or believe in prayer.

Let's hear you pray.

Kent

Hmm…. You openly challenged me, my beliefs and salvation….then you declined to back up your statements. Now here you are again.

So your sock puppet is Oldhat.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Too funny. But, accurate.

TF49 is OldHat’s sock.

🤦‍♀️

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Too funny. But, accurate.

TF49 is OldHat’s sock.

🤦‍♀️

🦫

No, you and krp are wrong. Just more Starman type diversions on your part.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antlers
here's what He said to His closest followers before He left the earth - "By *this* everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.” Period.

I think I can live with that ^^^^^^^^^^^^, straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

It’s OK that we see things differently.

And yes, it sorta is OK

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

Kent

Let's hear you pray.

Kent

Kent….krp….

I have made a significant error. I responded to you with “K22” in mind. I am now embarrassed.

I extend my sincere apology to you.

TF49

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

Kent

Let's hear you pray.

Kent

Whatever you say...🦫

Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

Kent

Let's hear you pray.

Kent

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hateful Camper better hope God makes a place in heaven for idiots.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by SuperCub
…..the Bible can be used in a hateful manner towards others.
Clearly; and absolutely.

When people use the Bible to justify mistreating other people, not only are they on the wrong side of history, but Jesus would be quick to remind them that they’re on the wrong side of God.

It is OK to not be a fan of religion…including “orthodox Christianity”…but still be OK with Jesus.

You speak a lot non-sense and pretend it makes sense.

All the apostles were orthodox Christians.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=define+orthodox&ia=definition

Last edited by OldHat; 11/30/21.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

You are charismatic?

I am absolutely correct. The emphasis of prayer always concludes with “Your (God’s) will be done”. This was the conclusion of Christ’s prayer on the cross. What HC advocates is exactly what I described based on his limited explanation of his view.

Read the Bible.

"if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chron 7:14

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

Kent

Let's hear you pray.

Kent

Kent….krp….

I have made a significant error. I responded to you with “K22” in mind. I am now embarrassed.

I extend my sincere apology to you.

TF49

No problem, I thought of that scenario also, it's all good.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You speak a lot non-sense and pretend it makes sense. All the apostles were orthodox Christians.
No they weren’t.

Christianity was a brand new faith, that began with Jesus’ Resurrection. There was no “traditional and established faith” of Christianity prior to this.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s easy for some ‘Christians’ to love their religion of Christianity more than they do the people for whom the religion of Christianity was given.

And sometimes they end up hurting people with their ‘Christianity’ that was given for people, and then they wonder why people don’t wanna get involved in their ‘Christianity.’

Some people have given up on Christianity because they ran into some ‘Christians’ who seemed to love their religion of Christianity more than they loved them.

Polar opposites of Jesus.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If all Christians were more like Christ, the world would be Christian

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

Kent

Let's hear you pray.

Kent

Oh, hello.
Ya, you've made it clear in other threads your "belief" and then you challenge anyone to clarify theirs hoping you can come up with some flaw based on your literal reading of scripture. I think Christ called people who did that "Lawyers", religious leaders who interpret the scriptures from some legal perspective.
The very first instruction from Jesus was to.................FIRST seek the Kingdom............which leaves the question, where is the Kingdom of which he answered with exactly where it was at. It would seem that many don't believe him.

Where is Starman, I rather enjoyed his posts. Gus also.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
[/quote]
Read the Bible.

"if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chron 7:14[/quote]

I don’t see how that verse either proves your point or disproves my statement of observation. The promise contained from that often mis quotes verse was specific to national Israel not spiritual Israel.

The fact remains that HC has presented a view of prayer that makes God a genie in a bottle to be used as man sees fit. The only instruction that one needs on prayer was given by Christ. Prayer isn’t a technique, method or mode for making things happen.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

I think that’s what he meant when he said “that’s not Christian”… aren’t you agreeing?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
You speak a lot non-sense and pretend it makes sense. All the apostles were orthodox Christians.
No they weren’t.

Christianity was a brand new faith, that began with Jesus’ Resurrection. There was no “traditional and established faith” of Christianity prior to this.

The doctrines of orthodoxy are the doctrines established by Christ. By definition, if you deviate from Christ's teachings you are unorthodox.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
It’s easy for some ‘Christians’ to love their religion of Christianity more than they do the people for whom the religion of Christianity was given.

And sometimes they end up hurting people with their ‘Christianity’ that was given for people, and then they wonder why people don’t wanna get involved in their ‘Christianity.’

Some people have given up on Christianity because they ran into some ‘Christians’ who seemed to love their religion of Christianity more than they loved them.

Polar opposites of Jesus.

What you are saying is those who do not follow the word of God as taught in the Bible are sinning. I agree.

Some people have given up on Christianity because they followed false messiahs who make stuff up outside of Scripture.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by efw

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

I think that’s what he meant when he said “that’s not Christian”… aren’t you agreeing?

I was not clear.

I am not agreeing with his claim that Happy Camper is presenting God as a "genie in a bottle".

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 56 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.