Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
They say there’s someone in the world for everyone. OldHat and HC are a special coupling.

A lot of daughters of pious men who believed they knew God’s word better than anyone, were eager to hop in bed at the ripe age of 14-15, when I was in high school...Can honestly say, men just like you two idiots caused them to spread their legs faster and sooner, than many of the other girls.

Saint Mary’s and Grace First Baptist Church Dad’s, gave the community some fantastic little whores.

Thanks, Dad.

🦫

I went to the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg. Right across town was William Carey Baptist College. A lot of fathers thought sending their daughters to that school would keep them out of trouble. LOL.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by IZH27
Based On your posts HC you present God as a genie in a bottle. If you rub the bottle the right way, pray the right way, have the right kind of emotion, have enough emotion, say the right things, don’t say the wrong things you believe that you can manipulate God into granting your will.

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

The power and work of prayer is described in the Bible. It says nothing about emotion.

Do you believe in prayer?

I think that’s what he meant when he said “that’s not Christian”… aren’t you agreeing?

I was not clear.

I am not agreeing with his claim that Happy Camper is presenting God as a "genie in a bottle".

Oh ok I see

IZ is correct about that; I suggested “cosmic vending machine” but same/same.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
You speak a lot non-sense and pretend it makes sense. All the apostles were orthodox Christians.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=define+orthodox&ia=definition
No they weren’t.

Christianity was a brand new faith, that began with Jesus’ Resurrection. There was no “traditional and established faith” of Christianity prior to this.
The doctrines of orthodoxy are the doctrines established by Christ. By definition, if you deviate from Christ's teachings you are unorthodox.
What often passes for ‘Christianity’ nowadays is very different from the brand new governing ethic that Jesus established for His brand new movement; what often passes for ‘Christianity’ nowadays is very different from the first-generation passion of what it meant to follow Jesus back then.

And that may be why so many ‘Christians’ aren't connecting with so many other people nowadays. The gospel of grace was and is an irresistible message. The first century approach of advancing the gospel of grace modeled by Jesus and His apostles and His other followers is the exception rather than the rule nowadays. It’s no wonder that so many resist it, reject it, and rebuff its professed adherents. The fault does not lie with Jesus or His teachings or His life’s example. He taught a simple ethic: “Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

But a heckuva bunch more than that is exemplified by many ‘Christians’ nowadays...and they’d seemingly rather only correct unbelievers than connect with them. Those first century Jesus followers lived in the armpit of the Roman Empire, and they were a subjugated people. Life was hard for them every single day in ways that we can’t even imagine. Would they be attracted to what passes for ‘Christianity’ nowadays...? Not likely. But they were attracted to the early...and accurate...Christian faith. They were attracted to what Christianity originally was. Which is often very different from what it is now.

The “doctrines of orthodoxy”…what is generally or traditionally accepted as right or true…is a man-made conglomeration of creeds, catechisms, and confessions; to say these were “established by Christ” is a manipulative attempt to tell people what they are ‘supposed’ to believe. If creeds and confessions and catechisms float your boat, then have at it.

I’ll draw my own conclusions on these matters, rather than have em’ dictated to me by someone else (another man), like Pope’s and Archbishop’s and other ecumenical ‘leaders’ and such.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One would think that if the living Spirit of God…the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead…actually dwelled within a believer, that ‘that’ believer, when asked about ‘his’ beliefs and ‘his’ views regarding ‘his’ faith, could respond in an individualistic way that pertains to…and is representative of…‘his’ walk with God, rather than ‘only’ just regurgitating what he read that God said to someone else over 2,000 years ago.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I don't spell well, so.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Someone ask Sloppy Crapper if we can move on to (Part 2) now.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think that he posted the link to 2.

I’m not gonna watch it like I didn’t watch one.

I watched one of his videos a couple of months ago but he would discuss it with me.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Happy Camper is a sockpuppet sabotaging the Christian brand.

Kent

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by IZH27
Based On your posts HC you present God as a genie in a bottle. If you rub the bottle the right way, pray the right way, have the right kind of emotion, have enough emotion, say the right things, don’t say the wrong things you believe that you can manipulate God into granting your will.

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

The power and work of prayer is described in the Bible. It says nothing about emotion.

Do you believe in prayer?

Define prayer, there's about as many definitions as there are believers... let's hear your version.

Kent

Your words make no sense.

Prayer is making supplication to God. It is talking to God.

Let's hear how you pray, you have come here constantly challenging everyone else's Christianity, belief and now prayer. Many of us have opened up personally with our faith in Christ, yet you ask if we are Christians or believe in prayer.

Let's hear you pray.

Kent

Hmm…. You openly challenged me, my beliefs and salvation….then you declined to back up your statements. Now here you are again.

Your “challenges” remind me that Dunning-Kruger kid….. Starman.

Oh, hello.
Ya, you've made it clear in other threads your "belief" and then you challenge anyone to clarify theirs hoping you can come up with some flaw based on your literal reading of scripture. I think Christ called people who did that "Lawyers", religious leaders who interpret the scriptures from some legal perspective.
The very first instruction from Jesus was to.................FIRST seek the Kingdom............which leaves the question, where is the Kingdom of which he answered with exactly where it was at. It would seem that many don't believe him.

Where is Starman, I rather enjoyed his posts. Gus also.

Well......you're trying to play switch again....you made allegations about me and how I believe. I simply asked you to back up those allegations and .... you folded.

And, like Starman, when you are backed into a corner...or find yourself holding some untenable position you bob and weave... you try to change the subject and avoid backing up what you say.

I simply asked you to explain why you accused me of rejecting truth. So, what truth is it that you think I rejected? You said it, not me.

I also note this comment from you:

"It is obvious you don't understand who you are or who God is even though it plainly says in the scriptures you read. You have no idea how to enter in the Kingdom nor how to see the face of God, but yet you want to preach to me in an effort to lead me down some primrose path.”

So, tell me why it is that I "don't understand who" I am .... you can also explain how you concluded that I have "no idea how to enter in the Kingdom.."

Aren't you being a bit "Lawyers" like here?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As usual, Old Hat and Wabigoon made very Biblical points and expressed the love of God in truth.

Also as usual, the hateful trolls took the beginning of edifying, life saving classes and TRIED to thwart the will of God .
It reminds me of the passages that show how wicked Satan is by his twisting of God's words and misrepresentation of what He said.
I have to ask,
What kind of men are adversaries of that which is trying to help others come to know Christ?
What kind of devils are adversaries to the believers who have prayers actually answered by God, believers who have faced demonic battles?

All I have to say is that I appreciate Old Hat and Wabigoon's prayers and courage to Use God's Word in the midst of evil attacks. I appreciate their prayers. I can't say that about all.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 11/30/21.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I am convinced that is correct.

I am MAGA.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Yep I think I’d agree.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Yep I think I’d agree.

It's either that or he thinks he's Jesus.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
HC

What makes you assume that you have some authority to come to this forum and set yourself up as “the sole representative” of the Christian faith?

Why do you assume or willfully misrepresent other Christian’s who challenge your unorthodox views of the Christian faith?

You present yourself as an expert and teacher. Why do you not discuss the issues with people who try to engage you in discussion?

I’m voting sock puppet. Sock puppet Beto.

Last edited by IZH27; 12/01/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Jesus is the hope for the world…and for the people of the world…and His followers are sometimes to a significant degree a vehicle of expressing that hope.

To me, it’d be cool if the unchurched, the dechurched, or even other ‘Christians’ could see the original version of Christianity that first-century followers found so attractive that it was worth living and dying for. Against incredible odds, it not only survived, but thrived. Through all the muck and the mire, we are still invited to embrace this original version that turned the world upside down.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The Charismatic Movement tried that very thing beginning with the AzusaStreet revival. The Restoration movement tried also. Both movements utterly failed which begs the question why.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hate Filled Camper be like "ffucgk 'em, I don't care what Jesus did," I am going to cast out the queers.

When the scribes who were Pharisees saw Jesus eating with these people, they asked His disciples, “Why does He eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 17On hearing this, Jesus told them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

DO NOT QUOTE

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Hate Filled Camper be like "ffucgk 'em, I don't care what Jesus did," I am going to cast out the queers.

When the scribes who were Pharisees saw Jesus eating with these people, they asked His disciples, “Why does He eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 17On hearing this, Jesus told them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

DO NOT QUOTE

What's with not quoting?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
“When the scribes who were Pharisees saw Jesus eating with these people, they asked His disciples, “Why does He eat with tax collectors and sinners?” Upon hearing this, Jesus told them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
👊🏻

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.