Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Happys interpretation is the only interpretation.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Please prayerfully study that through and watch the short video and see if it makes sense. Ok?

There was a young Mennonite couple who came to the church I attended forty-five years ago. The lady was extremely conservative in her attire. One of the older women told her she should "prayerfully" consider her position. She started wearing sleeveless blouses and much shorter dresses. This taught me to not take time to pray about what God has clearly addressed in His Word.

There's certainly certain areas of scripture, some refer to as fundamentals, that are clear as a blue sky. I think that I understand what you mean there. However, I find that when I ask for wisdom and understanding, the Lord gives that and sheds light on some passages that were previously not as clear.

I've been a Christian for about fifty years. For decades I listened to the Bible at work, in the garden, while loading, and while driving. In the evening I read It. It's been years since I had a change of mind. One of those changes was getting the correct view of Jesus' instructions.

What part(s) of His instructions are difficult to understand?

For most folks all; starting with "believe AND be baptized."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Isn't there a site devoted to religion rather than hunting and the outdoors that would be more fitting to your throw? I would think such would be more than desired, all in the same camp and all...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raferman

We're all the same. "I'm right. You're wrong." We all believe that.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by EdM
Isn't there a site devoted to religion rather than hunting and the outdoors that would be more fitting to your throw? I would think such would be more than desired, all in the same camp and all...

His wacked out version of religion and his multiple head injuries (TBI) would get his ass whipped on a legit religion site - hence the incessant trolling here.

Shítheads is as shítheads do.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Only doing things you could live with when you die comfortably when you pass on this away to live

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Please prayerfully study that through and watch the short video and see if it makes sense. Ok?

There was a young Mennonite couple who came to the church I attended forty-five years ago. The lady was extremely conservative in her attire. One of the older women told her she should "prayerfully" consider her position. She started wearing sleeveless blouses and much shorter dresses. This taught me to not take time to pray about what God has clearly addressed in His Word.

There's certainly certain areas of scripture, some refer to as fundamentals, that are clear as a blue sky. I think that I understand what you mean there. However, I find that when I ask for wisdom and understanding, the Lord gives that and sheds light on some passages that were previously not as clear.

I've been a Christian for about fifty years. For decades I listened to the Bible at work, in the garden, while loading, and while driving. In the evening I read It. It's been years since I had a change of mind. One of those changes was getting the correct view of Jesus' instructions.

What part(s) of His instructions are difficult to understand?

For most folks all; starting with "believe AND be baptized."

Careful about cherrypicking any one particular phrase or admonishment .

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Only doing things you could live with when you die comfortably when you pass on this is the way to live

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

You’re wrong about we’re ALL the same and that we ALL believe that.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Bing search.[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

John 8

"And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her,

Wabigoon,

We see a couple clear points.
First we know from a hundred other places in John's Gospel that salvation is by believing in Christ. We take the vast majority as a clear. basic doctrine. Now we look at the less clear passages in light of the very clear majority.
The woman was accused of a capital sin which was a crime.
The accusers left for which reason is not relevant now.
The woman was asked, "Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. "
Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

He didn't get into the gospel as He did with the woman at the well and moreso with Nicodemus. However as we see one aspect of the story we ask ourselves,

Did Jesus just condone adultery?
No
Did he explain that He was going to suffer for her sins, die and be resurrected the third day?
No, but we see that He who had right to condemn her, chose to not condemn. Then He said go and sin no more.
Adultery is a serious sin and Jesus told her not to do that any more. It would damage herself and others, not to mention it could get her into this situation again is a reasonable conclusion. As grave a sin as it was, What the statement was not is a discertation on keeping the law for salvation from hell.

This is where some teach that we must keep the law in order to be saved. The book is Galatians teaches about that topic.

If you had a child trying to keep up with her daddy by racing the harvester, and dad saw this, what would he say? Don't do that any more.
Would that keep her in the family?
No, it is irrelevant to whether or not she has her Daddy's last name. However, the behavior will likely end up in an injury or perhaps discipline. Compare this to the lady above and I think you can relate as well as believe John 3.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/12/21.
IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What's right is more important than who is right. The world is what it is regardless of what we may believe.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
For anyone who wants to know more about the subject.

https://www.kjv1611only.com/video/06docs/Repent_Of_Your_Sins_Heresy.mp4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happy_Camper,

It sure appears to me you don't understand God's grace. Consider this illustration.

You receive a check for $10,000 in the mail from someone you don't know and never did work for. How much work did you do to earn it by going to the mailbox?
You get in your vehicle and take the check to the bank. How much work did you do to earn the money by gong to the bank?
You walk up to the teller and show your I.D. How much word did you do to earn the money by this by doing this?
Now you endorse the check. How much work did you do to earn the money by endorsing the check?

The same is true of God's grace and baptism. We are not "working" to "earn" salvation by accepting God's rules for appropriating His gracious salvation.

In Timothy we are told God is the Saviour of all men, especially of believers. How many atheists and others, including believers, weren't run over by a bus today because God intervened and they weren't aware?

We finites really don't know The Infinite God of this universe.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It's not all the complex. I've never read, or heard that an IQ of 120, or higher is required to get to Heaven.

That's an interesting point. It there a biblical type publication for those far, far below any standard IQ range, that they are capable of understanding, or are there exemptions for such people? Surely no-one will burn in hell for eternity for a simple misunderstanding or misinterpretation?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
What's the downside? Why take chances if you have a choice?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
What's the downside? Why take chances if you have a choice?

There's a plethora of choices though

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Go with someone who has researched it thoroughly. There is a book by a former Muslim: Jesus and Mohamad. By age twelve he memorized the Koran. He graduated number two in a class of 6,000 from Cairo university. Early on he was an Imam. Eventually he earned a Ph.D in world religions. He is now what is called a born-again Christian. He teaches Jesus is the only way to the only God.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Go with someone who has researched it thoroughly. There is a book by a former Muslim: Jesus and Mohamad. By age twelve he memorized the Koran. He graduated number two in a class of 6,000 from Cairo university. Early on he was an Imam. Eventually he earned a Ph.D in world religions. He is now what is called a born-again Christian. He teaches Jesus is the only way to the only God.

That's his belief. There are many others with different beliefs. It doesn't display validity for others. Christianity is on the decrease and Islam on the increase - what's the message here? Or is it all just personal belief?

Well?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
In the morning I will make cornbread and complitate this argument, then one day I will understand

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's his belief. There are many others with different beliefs. It doesn't display validity to others.

Don't the Muslims accept Jesus as a prophet and Moses also? I met a Hindu that believed in Jesus as divinely inspired. Mahatma Gandhi expressed that he liked Jesus but didn't much like those that claimed to follow Jesus.

Some folks if they make it through the pearly gates might be surprised who they find also made it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.