Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Adam32 is wyoming wilderness public land maybe you can answer that, can't seem to get Buzz too

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So BHA is involved in this and no other pro hunting organizations wants to tag along because they don’t want to be associated with BHA? That says a lot.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Springcove
So BHA is involved in this and no other pro hunting organizations wants to tag along because they don’t want to be associated with BHA? That says a lot.

That would be my guess, why can't any of the BHA lovers answer my question about wyoming wilderness?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Adam32 is wyoming wilderness public land maybe you can answer that, can't seem to get Buzz too

As far as I understand, yes it is public land that requires a resident or guide to accompany a non-res hunter to enter the wilderness.

But, non-res hikers, backpackers, birdwatchers, etc etc can enter as they please.

I'm not quite sure how that applies to accessing landlocked public land via corner crossing.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
O.K these guys in the corner crossing case were crossing to go hunting right? Backcountry HUNTERS and anglers is suppose to represent hunters right? So why aren't they representing non resident hunters who wanna hunt in Wyoming wilderness without a guide or resident.
The arguement is its everbodys public land right?
BHA wouldnt even need hunters to go to court to challenge this if they didn't wanna just pick and choose.

Last edited by sherm_61; 12/15/21.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Now maybe if BHA changed there name to Backcountry Hikers and birdwatchers your arguement would hold water with me

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
O.K these guys in the corner crossing case were crossing to go hunting right? Backcountry HUNTERS and anglers is suppose to represent hunters right? So why aren't they representing non resident hunters who wanna hunt in Wyoming wilderness without a guide or resident.
BHA wouldnt even need hunters to go to court to challenge this if they didn't wanna just pick and choose.

Maybe since it hasn't gone to court? I have no idea and that has nothing to do with corner crossing.

Start a new thread if you're concerned about BHA's involvement in accessing public wilderness lands. Ask RMEF, etc why they haven't represented hunters in wilderness land while you're at it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by adam32

Maybe since it hasn't gone to court? I have no idea and that has nothing to do with corner crossing.

Start a new thread if you're concerned about BHA's involvement in accessing public wilderness lands. Ask RMEF, etc why they haven't represented hunters in wilderness land while you're at it.

Your skirting the question, its all about accessing public land right? So whats the difference.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Whether you cross a private property sign or a wilderness sign as a non resident. There is no difference same same

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Whether you cross a private property sign or a wilderness sign as a non resident. There is no difference same same

Yes it is different. I can legally enter the wilderness with a resident. I can't legally enter public land via corner crossing with a resident.

A resident can enter wilderness land all day everyday, that same resident cannot corner hop to enter public land.

Apples and oranges.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
LOL o.k you spin it however you want.
Why should I as a NON - RESIDENT have to have a resident or guide to hunt PUBLIC LAND IN WYOMING its everbodys public land correct? That wilderness sign as a Non - resident means the same thing as a private property sign to NON- RESIDENT hunters without a resident or guide
No matter how you wanna spin it.
So what your trying to tell me is Wyoming public land is only open to resident wyoming hunters

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What if I crossed the corner of wilderness land without a resident or guide trying to access one BLM chunk to the other is that corner crossing?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Public land is public land period!!! It has nothing to do with being a resident or a nonresident. It doesn’t matter if it’s in Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, etc.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Springcove
Public land is public land period!!! It has nothing to do with being a resident or a nonresident. It doesn’t matter if it’s in Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, etc.

This is exactly my point, and my problem with BHA.
They wanna pick and choose were they get there best milage all why they are not 100% for Hunters.
Corner crossing is corner crossing wether its across private to public or across wilderness to public.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hell I just had a great idea maybe Montana and Idaho should pass the same wilderness law as Wyoming has about non- resident hunting LOL.
Don't hang me guys it was tongue in cheek.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Now another 15k hunters are looking for spots to corner cross on onx.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
Now another 15k hunters are looking for spots to corner cross on onx.

If it’s “legal” then this shouldn’t be an issue.

Last edited by Springcove; 12/15/21.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

LOL o.k you spin it however you want.
Why should I as a NON - RESIDENT have to have a resident or guide to hunt PUBLIC LAND IN WYOMING its everbodys public land correct? That wilderness sign as a Non - resident means the same thing as a private property sign to NON- RESIDENT hunters without a resident or guide
No matter how you wanna spin it.
So what your trying to tell me is Wyoming public land is only open to resident wyoming hunters

You have no understanding of a states right to manage wildlife as they see fit...including where a non resident or resident is allowed to hunt a species. For instance tags valid for specific dates, private land only, resident specific tags. Some as in the case of Alaska you're required to have a guide for sheep, goats and grizzly. All legal as the states manage for the benefit of it's residents as they see fit. Wyoming's law has been challenged and it is not taking away anyone's right to use wilderness, only where nrs are allowed to pursue our wildlife.

Im curious why you aren't bitching about Alaskas laws?

While I fundamentally disagree with both alaska and Wyoming on those issues, I'm smart enough to know that the states right to manage wildlife as they see fit to benefit the residents is legal and has been upheld since statehood.

The citizens of both states have no desire to change their laws, and as such would be a waste of my time.

Any other state rights you disagree with? I used to believe conservatives understood and were advocates of state rights...you don't sound like you agree with conservative values.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Out of state folks can hike in the wilderness areas and fish in the wilderness areas without a guide. They just can't hunt there. It's a dumb law, meant to protect outfitters and guides. There are ways around it such as hunting with friends or family who are residents.

Chances are that unless you are a horse packer your not hunting very far into a wilderness area without someone like an outfitter to help you. If you go a mIle in and pack your game out on your back then there will likely be no one to cause you trouble.

God Bless America
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm as conservative as they come Buzzy, never voted for a liberal in the 42 years ive been voting and I agree with states right as well as property rights.
Your twisting things again IS WYOMING WILDERNESS PUBLIC LAND? Simple yes or no will do.
If I have to cross wilderness land while hunting to get to forest service or BLM is it corner crossing.
So not advocating for Non residents to hunt Wyoming public wilderness land is wasting BHA time, ahhh I get it now and I'm sure plenty of others do to what's good for the goose is not always good for the gander.
Glad you cleared that up Buzz.
How does managing wildlife have anything to do with non residents in wyoming hunting wilderness LAME EXCUSE Buzz and im sure there's plenty that will agree with that.

Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1minute, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,715
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.