Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I wear Carhartt and Duluth. I prefer Duluth cargo pants, unlined and flannel lined. Carhartt coats are better than Duluths I believe.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tag
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a couple or three Carharts. The latest was a pair of bibs I use for bird hunting.

Seems to be the same quality as before. Should check the tag for country of origin.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I bought a pair of Round House cotton duck bib overalls. They are not insulated but double thick on the front thighs. I looked at Cardhartt uninsulated bibs at Academy. Just didn’t like their "feel". I really like the Round House!!! I have a cardhartt coat. One of the old chore jackets with thin blanket liner. Its about 30 years old and I still wear it. It is starting to have seen better days. Lots of wear. Looking really "seasoned" 🤣. Ive had my doubts if the newer stuff would last as long. Not that I got that many years left😁.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Couple old coats still going strong. Newest stuff is a few pairs of the felt-lined pants. Seem same as ever - great. I like them mostly for the pants. My best rain jacket ever is a carhartt though.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bunch of old stuff.. when I see the askng price on some of the new stuff I can't imagine paying to replace my stuff...I saw a hoodie with a $165 price tag on it a few weeks ago...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Carhartt work clothes were made to last several years, and they did. Their manufacturing changed so their products would wear out quicker. People will replace their worn out work clothes when needed even though the price is up and the quality is down. The way of the world, now days.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I bought a pair of Round House cotton duck bib overalls. They are not insulated but double thick on the front thighs. I looked at Cardhartt uninsulated bibs at Academy. Just didn’t like their "feel". I really like the Round House!!! I have a cardhartt coat. One of the old chore jackets with thin blanket liner. Its about 30 years old and I still wear it. It is starting to have seen better days. Lots of wear. Looking really "seasoned" 🤣. Ive had my doubts if the newer stuff would last as long. Not that I got that many years left😁.

I hear you, Bob - in my case the ramshackle clothes reflect the owner - complete with wear and tear.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Recently had a new zipper put in my Carhartt hoodie - hopefully get another year or two out of it.
Chore coats last a decade, or more, insulated bibs almost that, hoodies used to last me 2 years max - now maybe 4.
Guess I'm gettin' old and slow! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MD521
Carhartt work clothes were made to last several years, and they did. Their manufacturing changed so their products would wear out quicker. People will replace their worn out work clothes when needed even though the price is up and the quality is down. The way of the world, now days.

I agree... I use other brands now...

Duluth pants are my current go to, but my needs are more about comfort and movement in construction and wrenching than Alaska or snow machining anymore.

Current temp is 33 and that is the coldest it been for the past 10 days.

Wicks (WOW - Wicks Outdoor Works) was the best I found... after they retired... Stone Creek took up their line... I have no idea on Stone Creek, but they sure look authentic (at least their "fashion models" do)... Not a single "woke" picture on their whole website.

https://www.stonecreekhounds.com/hunting-clothing

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wear a lot of Carhartt Henley T's and their jacket when it's cold enough. The newer stuff isn't as good as their old. I started wearing Dickey's Henleys. They're made overseas too. Not as heavy as Carhartt but ok for the price when you can get them. They're out most of the time.
During WWII America outproduced all other nations combined. Now we can't outproduce Vietnam. What a shame. "Change You Can Believe In".

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have lots of their stuff, some old and some new. My work jacket has to be going on at least 10 years and I wear it from October to May, no issues. I have a lot of their heavy sweatshirts that I live in and I have not noticed any problems over the years.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
Have any of you guys bought any new carhartt coats? I have some older ones, and the new ones can't hold a candle to them. Has carhartt started making stuff overseas, or are they just making junk like everybody else?

They've been making stuff over seas for 30 years.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My only Carhartt coat is about 30 years old. It's still an excellent coat.

Last edited by TNrifleman; 12/20/21.

μολὼν λαβέ
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by skfullen
I've noticed the same thing in Carhartt shirts. They are now made elsewhere, and the quality has declined.

Yep. Still better than most T-shirts though. And still have pockets. Hard to find a good T-shirt with pockets, nowadays.
So I still buy Carhartts.

I really like their work jeans.

Literally the only T-shirts I have are Carhartt Force T-shirts. They're tough, fit nice, and almost anything but paint is washed out of them. They're not cheap though. Usually around $20 a shirt.

Camp is where you make it.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
If you are looking for Carhartts go to Sierra Trading Post as they oftentimes have seconds are irregulars in what I am looking for, like double front canvas pants for less than $30 and their jeans for less than $20.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by skfullen
I've noticed the same thing in Carhartt shirts. They are now made elsewhere, and the quality has declined.

Yep. Still better than most T-shirts though. And still have pockets. Hard to find a good T-shirt with pockets, nowadays.
So I still buy Carhartts.

I really like their work jeans.

Literally the only T-shirts I have are Carhartt Force T-shirts. They're tough, fit nice, and almost anything but paint is washed out of them. They're not cheap though. Usually around $20 a shirt.

Yep. Those are the ones I buy. They’re also much cooler in the summertime than the 100 % Cotton T-shirts.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Never heard of the Round House Bib overalls. Where did you buy them, Bob ???

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Never heard of the Round House Bib overalls. Where did you buy them, Bob ???

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
If you are looking for Carhartts go to Sierra Trading Post as they oftentimes have seconds are irregulars in what I am looking for, like double front canvas pants for less than $30 and their jeans for less than $20.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.