Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I retired on 12/01/2021. Once the dust settled a bit during a quiet moment, I began to realize/ remember some of the terrible things I have seen and experienced. I was able to voice some it to my wife. It felt better to talk about it. At least half of the incidents/ memories I spoke of she told me that she did recall me ever mentioning to her. i was shocked what I had filtered from her and my daughters. Last, I realized all the things that I had missed because of work. Family events, and such. I felt terrible about that but realized that I cannot get those moments back. They are gone and that haunts me at times, truly believe that the job is really a lifestyle that puts many other things to the side. I survived it and now I have to enjoy a life out of the game. 34 years was really to long of a run. I do not know where we will find those folks who are able to do the as it is today. God bless them and may god look after them.

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What gets me is the…ahh I saw a dead body and now where is my disability check type. GMAFB.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they gave me a free-fire permit I'd be a cop. Have no interest in using tasers, bear spray or talking to azzholes.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have not seen a lot of that type departure from LE. But there have been a few, to which I to had to say to myself, I was on one of those types of calls just two days ago. I am ok, at least I think I am ok. So, yes I can agree with viking on that . But, just that!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
If they gave me a free-fire permit I'd be a cop. Have no interest in using tasers, bear spray or talking to azzholes.

That’s the spirit 🤣

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Body parts=white suspect.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me thank you for your service. I’ve known quite a few police officers who I respected and admired.
I’ve also known a few whose motivations were purely for the authority the job gives them.
Most of the former are getting close to retirement or already there.
It seems that the majority nowadays are in the latter.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Body parts=white suspect.

I was thinking cartel ish.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have the temperament.

Things bother me too much, both the tragic,
And the frustrating. The tragic might take too much a toll.
The frustrating would make me a criminal eventually.

And this is why I hold good cops in high esteem,
while holding them all to a very high expectation.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 12/26/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thankfully my douchebag governor gave me the option to no longer be surrounded by felons. Some of the dumb bastids that think they are coy cracked me up.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by viking
What gets me is the…ahh I saw a dead body and now where is my disability check type. GMAFB.

Yeah, that gets me too. I guess I don’t know how something hits someone, so that may be unfair. Or, maybe they have a greater deal of introspect than I do and I’m just repressing stuff.

But I’m pretty sure they were always looking for free ticket. This was abused regularly. Then, investigators were hired to make sure people on admin leave were obeying the conditions of their home assignment and people on disability were really disabled.

Since workplace injuries aren’t subject to HIPAA, it’s getting harder to hide.

Last edited by Gooch_McGrundle; 12/26/21.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Seen nothing yet that bothers me. Perhaps I am crazy. Wife will tell you I am pure logic based, very little emotion, ever. Probably make the worst cop in history.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago I was loafing, drinking coffee and shooting the breeze at a local service station, back before everything became self service.
There was a helluva crash outside. We heard the impact and ran outside to the highway.
There was a car down over the bank in the field, and I went down to see if I could maybe help somebody.
I won’t go into detail about what I saw. Let me just say that the car had hit a truck head on hard enough to knock the front axle out from under the truck. The bumper of the truck was the height of the hood. The car went under the truck, but the hood was shoved back through the windshield. It had decapitated both the driver and the passenger.
Something I don’t ever care to see again.
There are a few people who I despise enough to maybe cause a lot of discomfort. People who have used their position and power to hurt other people for fun and profit.
I’ve read enough about the Indians , and I’ve got enough imagination that they’d be begging for death. Like I said in another thread, it’s a good thing I can’t get my hands on some people, because it’d probably cost me my salvation.
I’ve butchered beef cattle, pigs, and lots of wild game. That doesn’t bother me.
But to deliberately dissect another person, I just can’t imagine having the stomach.
That’s just beyond my capacity for evil.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bowmanh
I'd say the number of people who want to become cops has dropped considerably in the last two years. We currently see very little public respect for cops, and it's a difficult, often thankless job. Society sure needs cops, but you wouldn't know it from the public discussion. It's a bad situation that will result in a lot more crime and violence.

This. I live in a town of about 70,000. We are a suburb and many folks move here because they feel safe and we are a long ways away from a ghetto. But, they are having a huge problem getting police candidates. And, many of the applicants can't get through the process before failing some part of it. The ones that get through are many times lured away by a department that pays more, has better shifts or more opportunity. Gone are the days of getting 50 candidates for 2 or 3 jobs. It sounds like 8 or 10 will show up for the written test and 4 or 5 will take the physical agility test.

If getting recruits is tough in our town can you imagine what it is like in some $hithole town ?? I predict the demise of the patrol officer in the next 10 years, especially in places like Minneapolis, LA, New York, Seattle or Chicago. I'm sure there will be some folks who are happy about that. I guess that explains why folks are leaving the blue States and blue cities. Or, at least part of the reason. Throw in the taxes and politics and there you go.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Seen nothing yet that bothers me. Perhaps I am crazy. Wife will tell you I am pure logic based, very little emotion, ever. Probably make the worst cop in history.

I think that’s the best way to do it. Being overly emotional and having an ego that’s out of control is a recipe for embarrassment and disaster.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What's wrong with a Guy wanting to get some head ?

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I know several ex-LEO's who got too old and feeble to bully and intimidate people with a badge, a gun, and a set of blue lights. These days they're internet chat room moderators! "Keyboard Commandos!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I did not know that their were other retired LE's on this forum! Wow I am amongst good company!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Have no interest in using tasers, bear spray or talking to azzholes.

Plus, you can get all of those you want right here.

Except the tasers and bear spray.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I retired on 12/01/2021. Once the dust settled a bit during a quiet moment, I began to realize/ remember some of the terrible things I have seen and experienced. I was able to voice some it to my wife. It felt better to talk about it. At least half of the incidents/ memories I spoke of she told me that she did recall me ever mentioning to her. i was shocked what I had filtered from her and my daughters. Last, I realized all the things that I had missed because of work. Family events, and such. I felt terrible about that but realized that I cannot get those moments back. They are gone and that haunts me at times, truly believe that the job is really a lifestyle that puts many other things to the side. I survived it and now I have to enjoy a life out of the game. 34 years was really to long of a run. I do not know where we will find those folks who are able to do the as it is today. God bless them and may god look after them.

Thanks for your service
I bet it was a long tough 34
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,447
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.