Originally Posted by cs2blue
I retired on 12/01/2021. Once the dust settled a bit during a quiet moment, I began to realize/ remember some of the terrible things I have seen and experienced. I was able to voice some it to my wife. It felt better to talk about it. At least half of the incidents/ memories I spoke of she told me that she did recall me ever mentioning to her. i was shocked what I had filtered from her and my daughters. Last, I realized all the things that I had missed because of work. Family events, and such. I felt terrible about that but realized that I cannot get those moments back. They are gone and that haunts me at times, truly believe that the job is really a lifestyle that puts many other things to the side. I survived it and now I have to enjoy a life out of the game. 34 years was really to long of a run. I do not know where we will find those folks who are able to do the as it is today. God bless them and may god look after them.

Thanks for your service
I bet it was a long tough 34
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member