Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Routine traffic stop, suspect ran, got tased, search of his pickup revealed coolers full of body parts including a severed head. I'd turn in my badge on the spot.

BODY PARTS

My father was a lawman in Santa Cruz CA back in the 60’s, during the crazy times. The Ohtas, Mullins, Kemper, I grew up on the cop talk they never realized we heard. The old man was shot in the 60’s, had a gun put to his head in the 70’s, I said no thank you in the 80’s. He told me back then he didn’t blame me, the job wasn’t the same anymore. “We used to be respected in this town, now our own city council works against us, turns the public against us”. That was back in the 80’s, now it’s five times as bad.

That’s what is killing it for me. The local government, various councils, and fringe activists are taken way too seriously by administration and end up dealing with knee-jerk changes or bogus disciplinary reviews.

The public treats us great. Just about every day, someone says something really nice to me or tries to pay for lunch or something. This takes the sting off the other crap.