Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by lima1seven
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
How many still flash their lights at oncoming traffic if you see a cop set up on the side of the road?

I’ve only seen that in Texas and that was about 20 years ago. Asked the people I was with what was going on and they said there was a cop ahead. Sure enough couple miles up the road was an officer running radar.

There is a crooked little municipality up the road from me and you betcha, when I go through there and see them working speed traps I flash my lights to oncoming traffic and will continue to do so. Many people don't even know what it means or don't pay attention, but the truckers sure do. They will flash back or toot their horns, maybe wave, and when they do it makes me feel good all over that I potentially saved one of those great Americans from getting robbed by those blood suckers.

Everyone knows they are borderline crooks including the cops who work for them.

They aren't looking for criminals, they are looking for traffic fines.....believe me. I had to go to court there a few years ago for rolling a stop sign. There was a tree to my left that I couldn't see around very well and I let the car roll so I could see what was coming. A cop saw me do it and wrote me up. When I was in court a trucker was fined for going 5 miles over. I thought I had the stinkiest chickenshit ticket but I concede that he beat me. That kind of BS is nothing more than common theft under the guise of "law enforcement". I have no more respect for the "officers" and "judges" that participate in that racket than I would for a pick pocket.

A good friend got a ticket in rural eastern NC coming home from visiting her
son. Several NC plated cars were passing her when she saw the cop,
But he didn't see them.😉
Two days after she got home, she got the official court notice.
The fine had to be paid in person, at a predetermined time.

Coincidently 😂😂😂😂 she received letters from several lawyers offering
to represent her. The same day!

Almost 80, and in fair health, she didn't want to drive 500 miles each way
for a 5 minute pre-determined hearing. The writing was on the wall and
she was stuck. (Exactly how it had been planned?)

So, she called a lawyer, they agreed to represent her.
$100 fee.
Plus$200 was their guess at the fine.
If they could lead it down, they would refund the balance!😂😂😂😂
She sent the money and I don't know if she ever heard anything again.

Darndest thing. I've been away since posting on this thread doing some visiting with family and all but forgot about it but the following caused me to remember.....

One of my old aunts got a ticket on the way to our get together whilst driving through a little town in Hampton County SC. Won't name it just in case.

Anyway my Aunt gets pulled over and told she was speeding. I asked her was she and she says she really did not know....she is older and probably drives too slow if anything....but she may have sped up too fast in their speed trap leaving town, who knows, I wasn't there. The officer tells her that she (female black cop lady in a 95% diversified town) was only going to charge her with not wearing a seat belt. My Aunt says but I am wearing a seat belt. The cop lady replies well the speeding fine is 400 some odd dollars and so many points on your insurance but no seatbelt is only 25 bucks which do you want?

Nothing shady about that! laugh

My aunt said that she kinda wanted to go to court and ask to see the radar or whatever. I said mail them the $25 consider it chickenshit tax or driving in Tinytown, S.C. with a Georgia tag during the holidays tax and be glad it was that cheap and forget about it. Darn good chance the police woman is the daughter, niece, or Grand daughter of the judge anyway. Good luck with that. BTDT.

I know from the replies I just read that some of you did not appreciate my observations on "law enforcement" in these parts. Perhaps some of you are officers that are as pure as the driven snow and never break any rules when you drive and behave in a much more professional manner in discharging your duties in your locales and only write tickets to punish the guilty and protect the innocent without regard to revenues and quotas. Maybe so, maybe not.

Suffice it to say, some things are "different down here" in some places.......often amusingly so! laugh

I'm gonna keep flashing my lights and thanks to any and all who flash their lights at me! Ya'll do what you want.

Happy new year!

Last edited by RJY66; 12/31/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn