Originally Posted by cs2blue
I am aware of one small PD in Virginia that runs RADAR out on I-95. even though the interstate does not run thru their town. They get a direct percentage of the revenue generated from the citations issued. In Maryland i am not aware of the state returning funds generated for citations. One reason My former agency does not and will have performance expectations in traffic enforcement. or for that matter in any area of enforcement. Thank god for that!
`

There was a small department outside of Ft. Hood Texas doing that very same thing. I don't recall the highway number but it was a divided 4 lane at 65 mph. Suddenly the speed limit went down to 55 with only one sign indicating a speed change with no signs of a town or city and no exit ramps. That place was making some big bank. Finally, the Texas DPS got involved and in the end the small town was court ordered to stop what they were doing and they were forced to eliminate the speed reduction.

It's issues like this that cause law enforcement agencies a lot of negative issues. I hated it when the patrol supervisor insisted on seeing tickets as proof you were "working" . Not that I didn't make stops. On most of the years I worked nights I was getting 25 OWI's (DUI) a year. I was stopping cars and doing my part. A good officer is stopping cars and talking to people but that doesn't mean tickets are written or everyone goes to jail.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.