Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The board is a lot older and younger than it used to be. Lots more guys over sixty and lots of guys who are apparently in their 30s and early 40s. There doesn’t seem to be much in between. As a Gen’xer, I find that a whole hell of a lot of the Boomers just can’t comprehend how things have changed. They think people are stupid instead of realizing that they are far from stupid, but are either evil outright or have bought into a quasi-religious ideology that allows them to do the worst things and support the worst things with moral certitude of their own virtue.

On the flip side, I find that a lot of the younger guys don’t realize what has been lost and how different things used to be.

This.

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
So...its Slumlord and JackMountain?

Not Rene....he got shìtcanned already.

Who else should we get rid of?

....he asks...being deliberately obtuse....

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Jackmountain is one of my favorite contributors.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Campfire seems to me to be merely a reflection of the entire culture we live in. Everyone is angry; if they're not, they're looking for an excuse to get angry. If one doesn't hew to the exact party line of the folks he's communicating with, he's skewered. Phrase a statement or a question in a way that your allegiances can be questioned, and you are crucified. Gotta have thick skin and tough it out, or take your marbles and go home.

As to why the culture has deteriorated so rapidly, well, that's one of those discussions that gets people angry.

There's a bunch of miserable [bleep] out there whose lives' suck, and they do their darndest to spread their misery, i.e., misery loves company.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I thought we were after the Tennessee Boys?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The board is a lot older and younger than it used to be. Lots more guys over sixty and lots of guys who are apparently in their 30s and early 40s. There doesn’t seem to be much in between. As a Gen’xer, I find that a whole hell of a lot of the Boomers just can’t comprehend how things have changed. They think people are stupid instead of realizing that they are far from stupid, but are either evil outright or have bought into a quasi-religious ideology that allows them to do the worst things and support the worst things with moral certitude of their own virtue.

On the flip side, I find that a lot of the younger guys don’t realize what has been lost and how different things used to be.

Pretty damn accurate.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Jackmountain is one of my favorite contributors.

Ditto, Jim too.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/29/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by P_Weed
When I was young there was no internet - People had to walk for miles just to call me an ass hole!

LOL grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fear is a helluva drug.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It changed, seemingly overnight. I get it.... evolution and all that.

But what precipitated such a rapid change?

This is rich, coming from a NeverTrumper

It’s got nothing to do with Trump…. Or Pat…here’s a clue…it’s “DEEPER”…
It’s Psy-Ops on steroids….

Right. NeverTrumpers helped the country between 2016-2020

All American

All the time
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Campfire seems to me to be merely a reflection of the entire culture we live in. Everyone is angry; if they're not, they're looking for an excuse to get angry. If one doesn't hew to the exact party line of the folks he's communicating with, he's skewered. Phrase a statement or a question in a way that your allegiances can be questioned, and you are crucified. Gotta have thick skin and tough it out, or take your marbles and go home.

As to why the culture has deteriorated so rapidly, well, that's one of those discussions that gets people angry.

There's a bunch of miserable [bleep] out there whose lives' suck, and they do their darndest to spread their misery, i.e., misery loves company.

Yep, and several here fit that mold 100%. Internet trolls are just one rung above politicians and lawyers.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

As a Gen’xer, I find that a whole hell of a lot of the Boomers just can’t comprehend how things have changed. They think people are stupid instead of realizing that they are far from stupid, but are either evil outright or have bought into a quasi-religious ideology that allows them to do the worst things and support the worst things with moral certitude of their own virtue.

Got to disagree… boomers comprehend VERY well on how things have changed… you have been programmed to think everybody’s a winner and everybody deserves a participation trophy….you have a choice of which sex you want to be….homosexual behavior is acceptable and should be celebrated….I could go on because it’s a long list….these “CHANGES” being pushed on us are changes that go against everything we’ve learned in the past, over thousands of years….things that work and are essential to a functional society

THINGS didn’t change……only acceptance (by some) of the supposed “NEW NORMS” …

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
The Fire has degraded, step for step, right alongside society. Compare the cool kids on here today versus ten years ago. Not even close! Just the way it is.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

As a Gen’xer, I find that a whole hell of a lot of the Boomers just can’t comprehend how things have changed. They think people are stupid instead of realizing that they are far from stupid, but are either evil outright or have bought into a quasi-religious ideology that allows them to do the worst things and support the worst things with moral certitude of their own virtue.

Got to disagree… boomers comprehend VERY well on how things have changed… you have been programmed to think everybody’s a winner and everybody deserves a participation trophy….you have a choice of which sex you want to be….homosexual behavior is acceptable and should be celebrated….I could go on because it’s a long list….these “CHANGES” being pushed on us are changes that go against everything we’ve learned in the past, over thousands of years….things that work and are essential to a functional society

Hahaha!

You still churn your own butter I bet.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Your post sort of proves my point.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pugs

There's a small crowd here that has no sense of fellowship at all, just another person on the internet claiming to be something or someone that thinks that if they shout loudest or post more it makes them "win the internet."...............

These days any idea other than those exposed by the CF echo chamber is met with a wall of derision and personal and family insults that would get them shot, stabbed, run over or just disappeared in person.

I don't know about shot, stabbed, or disappeared but I'm with you on the rest of it. I like to fling wisecracks just like anybody else but sometimes it feels like a bunch of fifth graders in here, except with no playground to sort it out when someone crosses the line.

But like Wabigoon said, it's all about your expectations. I don't expect a lot, other than entertainment.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

You just illustrated the truth in what JoeBob was saying.

He is a Gen Xer not a millennial. Those things you point out are issues w/ millennials not Gen X.

He also said it was the younger crowd who fails to consider what has been lost, not Boomers. He gave the boomer generation credit in that regard.

Defensiveness curtails reading comprehension.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I haven't paid attention to when but have seen a big change as I read through threads. Has it worsened on all fronts in relation to all of the stress and tension in the country/world with all of the Covid hype/isolation of the last almost two years?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Its a forum.

Different kinds of humor.
Some folks are fugging idiots.

Apply your filter and enjoy.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I loved it when I first joined

Ya had a little 128 pound piss ant drunk out of his mind guy, mouthing off and insulting everyone from Australia to Atlanta. Loon kept calling me “maser” Pure Derangement

All his 10-12 ball licking old timer minions chiming in and piling on. Single em out and cut em from the herd, they get squirrelly and go hide on facebook and slap on the Ignore force field

But this just my perception

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,300
Posts18,525,972
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.