Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think that I have signed in yet, but I joined in Aug. 2002. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I was there at the Gun & Knife forum and much younger! laugh

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Still here! Still looking for large rifle primers at a reasonable price,

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Still here. Years ago I bought a 4 digit serial number 1919 NRA Match Rifle. Since then I've wanted a 1923 and 19-33. Managed to get the 23, 33, and a Stevens 414 Armory in 2021. Thanks to Gene for pushing me over the edge on the 19-33. I knew they started the serial numbers at 45,000, but when looking at the 33 in one of the auctions, I didn't notice the serial was 45,024, maybe first or second day of manufacture? Gene did, and he pointed out it had all the stuff for an early 33. Very happy with that one. Then Gary helped me on the 414 Armory, and at lunch Sunday, gave me the thumbs up on that one. Taking the 33 and 414 to WV this weekend. I was saddened to hear CMHJohn passed, and I still miss my old friend Youper, who passed a couple years ago. I also enjoy the honor of picking up far away guys at BWI so they can make a trip to Noxen. No one on the list yet. Bless you all.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm happy to report i'm still here. Wishing everyone a great 2022! Chris

NRA Benefactor Life
TSRA Life
Admiral TXN
IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I’m still here, I don’t post much but drop in from time to time to learn. I did acquire more Savage lever guns last year than I ever have, the bulk of them coming from a LGS friend that had bought out a collection that had 8 in it that he wanted to move before Christmas to go buy another collection of pistols. Got some reloading dies, bullets, and about 12 lbs of powder with them too! Most were nothing special and well used, but I’ll see how they shoot and have a few to trade or turn into projects. I did pick up a few others and I’ll try and figure out the picture thing and post about them as I have some questions to confirm what they are. I just don’t find as much time as I would like to be able to do that, the ranch, kids, and a full time job seem to not leave as much for my gun habit as I would like.

My gun addiction wasn’t limited to Savages though, picked up some others as well. I have been interested in single shots for awhile picked up a few of those. Some bolt guns also, four from a auction that were Rem 700 classics in fine shape, a .17 Rem, .257 Roberts, .250 Sav, .300 Sav. Also, been down the rabbit hole of having a custom fast twist .220 swift built for coyote hunting and had my great grandfathers Stevens 820B restored, which had been in pieces since I was a kid.

Glad to see 2021 gone with the drought, depressed cattle markets and other economic issues, Covid BS, and having back surgery right after Christmas! Hoping 2022 is better! Although I will be turning 40 this year and starting to crest that hill 😂, wishing everyone here a happy and blessed New Year.

Jake

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”- Augustus McCrae
“It’s better to have it, and not need it; than to need it and not have it.” - Woodrow Call
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by dallased
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Awful lot of guys here that seldom post that could talk about their guns just to keep things rolling.

I think a lot of us just do not have the collections and or the knowledge that some of you guys have. I do really enjoy the information and banter as I usually stop in everyday. Also, a lot of us have no frigging clue as how to post photos. A lot of us are on gunboards, the Marlin Collectors, etc. and photos there are a piece of cake. Here, not so much. Regardless, it is a nice place to visit. grin

Yes, photos are a pita here. It takes several steps. As far as discussions and not having a large collection, that's ok, we only talk about one at a time.

Might be time for me to get bent out of shape trying it again.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I upload pics onto Imgur as a matter of course if I think I may want to share them on the internet at some point. Depositing pics from Imgur to this board is a snap, in my opinion.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I haven't contributed too much to this sub-forum but I ain't dead yet, so I will still be adding more. Gonna hunt my Montana whitetail B-Tag with a 1947 M99 .300 this fall. Will repot when appropriate.

Cheers,
Rex

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still here and still unpacking. Got snowed in again. Who'd a thunk it living in TN.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

IC B3

Rick99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
About time you showed up. I guess I can close this posting down now. grin wink

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don’t think I have posted here and haven’t read the campfire for quite awhile although, I did purchase a vintage 1899 in 250-3000 dated to 1915 in October when home to Mt for my best buddy’s memorial after his lost battle with COVID….bought from my fil and he got it from an old timer there. Was given about 100 factory loads probably from the 50’s-60’s and about 100 empty brass with it… It has an early 1x Lyman I believe and is missing the fold up rear tang sight as there is a void in the receiver where it once was….cherry old gun with honest loving wear…if it could play a reel of it’s travels….
This rifle compliments another cherry .300 savage from 1950….the .250 is a take down model a the 300 is not but both sport schnables forends which I am fond of. I am infatuated with these two and may seek another…and another…cheers and Happy New Year gang!

Last edited by runninmike; 01/07/22. Reason: Misspelled schnables?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I Live, and am back in the land of freedom. wink

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I signed in earlier but that was about it. For me, 2021 was the year I got to upgrade my man cave.

The room I used in my basement for my accumulation was by all accounts a mess. Now I have everything straightened out I get to go down there and play. I rotate the racks with what I have out of the safes to look at at any given time and display all the small stuff I have accumulated over the years. Nine display cabinets hold a lot of stuff. I also added some blue tooth enabled Bose speakers and like to listen to guitar heavy Blues for total sensory emersion.

90% of the time I am displaying Savage 99/1899's and Ansley H. Fox and shotguns. The rest is ammo, books, cannons and collectibles.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Oh, I also had the chance to shoot a nice buck this year!

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very Nice ROMAC

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Winning!

LOL
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Signing in , Happy New Year ! Hope to work on my Stephens Visible Loader this year. I know it's going to be tough finding a 22 inch scope for it though.As far as the mounts and being such a purist ,I won't want to drill any holes.

Last edited by Malcolm; 01/27/22.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Happy new year to All. I'm straying a little right now, building a custom 6.5x47 Lapua.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Malcolm
Signing in , Happy New Year ! Hope to work on my Stephens Visible Loader this year. I know it's going to be tough finding a 22 inch scope for it though.As far as the mounts and being such a purist ,I won't want to drill any holes.

Aren't you the guy that made the Malcolm Scope on my 22HP?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
He was a Malcolm too what made that scope.
When they open the border l'll be down for some 3/4 inch thin wall brass and steel tubing to try and make up a long scope with lenses and cross hairs . It will be fun to see how it looks on my Steven's .22's . compared to the old catalogues.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 66 invisible), 3,061 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,353
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.