Hop To
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mathman
They may have gone straight down even harder. grin
Might bruise more meat if they did. Oh and get this. This is the most amazing and ubelievable part of the whole deal.......

Ready ?

All of my bullets this season were successfully and precisely directed via Leupold !.......

Is that amazing or what ?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never owned either. In fact I have never even shot either cartridge, and I have no interest in either at this point in my life. But, the first thing that popped into my mind was the fact that Remington is historically bad at marketing a new cartridge and Hornady seems to be rather good at it. Whether or not that has a thing to do with the way it went down, I dunno...but that's my two cents worth.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Can’t we all just like all the different cartridges and get along?

whistle

I enjoy using a variety of different cartridges and have no problem with anybody else's personal preferences. What will provoke me to drop a comment here and there is when someone says something technically inaccurate or tries to dress up personal bias as a logical argument.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Blackheart

All of my bullets this season were successfully and precisely directed via Leupold !.......

Mine too, 6x36 on a 243 no less. Pigs don't like 95 grain Partitions or 90 grain Accubonds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

whistle

Haha. True enough. I have both in the house. And I like them both a lot. They are great performers on game, without much fuss. If I had pick one or the other, I'd go with the 6.5CM. Mostly for the reasons Brad mentioned earlier in the thread.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Mine too, 6x36 on a 243 no less. Pigs don't like 95 grain Partitions or 90 grain Accubonds.
We took real chances not having SWFA or NightForce aboard !

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The 7mm-08 is superior in every possible way.

Because I said so.

And I’ll shank anyone who says otherwise.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

whistle

I enjoy using a variety of different cartridges and have no problem with anybody else's personal preferences. What will provoke me to drop a comment here and there is when someone says something technically inaccurate or tries to dress up personal bias as a logical argument.

You are just far too logical, mathman. wink

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Wrongside

whistle

Haha. True enough. I have both in the house. And I like them both a lot. They are great performers on game, without much fuss. If I had pick one or the other, I'd go with the 6.5CM. Mostly for the reasons Brad mentioned earlier in the thread.

I always like seeing what Brad has to say and trust his input. That said, who wants to choose which one goes and which stays? Not this buckaroo. Looks like I NEED a 6.5 creed.

Is the difference in recoil really that noticeable, all other things bring equal?

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

I try not to listen to anything the chunky little hobbit says and could care less what he thinks about “Reupolds”.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would even take my 260 rem over the 6.5cm

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I try not to listen to anything the chunky little hobbit says and could care less what he thinks about “Reupolds”.

Truth be told I've had to send a few Leupolds to their repair facility.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I haven't yet and the Vari-XIIc on the other rifle I used to kill two this year is over 20 years old.

Knock on wood.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

+1

DF

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

You eat a lot you poop a lot. I’m happy with my Leupolds.

I own 4 Kimbers and have sent two back. They are all fantastic now. I think the hobbit like Kimbers too, fwiw.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 01/07/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

whistle

I always like seeing what Brad has to say and trust his input. That said, who wants to choose which one goes and which stays? Not this buckaroo. Looks like I NEED a 6.5 creed.

Is the difference in recoil really that noticeable, all other things bring equal?

Exactly! Me either. I like most rifles and most chamberings tho, and can't understand the guys who get all bent out of shape over what other guys like or use.

Not much difference. They're basically peas in a pod, IMO. In recoil, ballistics, etc. They both occupy my sweet spot of performance vs recoil.

You should get yourself a 6.5CM. You deserve it. wink

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

PS. the .257 Roberts bores the living hell out of me too and I won't ever own one because it carries the same name as a stinky little booger eater from my grade school days named Ronnie Roberts. Can't hear the name without thinking of that gross little dork.

Hey, by all means pick on the 7mm-08 but leave the fine old .257 Roberts alone. lol

Last edited by Elvis; 01/07/22.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You eat a lot you poop a lot. I’m happy with my Leupolds.

I own 4 Kimbers and have sent two back. They are all fantastic now. I think the hobbit like Kimbers too, fwiw.
I have had a few Bushnells, a Denver Redfield, a couple old Tascos and a Weaver crap out on me but no Leupolds yet. Scopes work until they don't. Some of those scopes that did crap out were 30+ years old and had always worked fine right up until they didn't.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

whistle

Exactly! Me either. I like most rifles and most chamberings tho, and can't understand the guys who get all bent out of shape over what other guys like or use.

Not much difference. They're basically peas in a pod, IMO. In recoil, ballistics, etc. They both occupy my sweet spot of performance vs recoil.

You should get yourself a 6.5CM. You deserve it. wink

I like the way you talk, Wrongside. You should talk to my wife for me.

Then again, if I bought another rifle, would she notice?

Hmmmm….

Definitely agree about that sweet spot. Easy on powder, the ears, and hard on deer. In a nice trim package too.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Unfortunately my Nikon Monarch Gold that had been very solid for years has developed a rattle.

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,531
Posts18,491,186
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.