Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You might also want to check with a doctor first… if the amount of booze you mentioned is a regular thing, you might need some tranquilizers to keep from having seizures if you quit….

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Short term thinking hasn’t done nothin for nobody never…

Says a guy named Pints of Craft! LOL

Yep. But not ironic like you think it might be.

Best wishes for the OP. Hope things line up for you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You gots to do what you gots to do, your life - your choices.

If you'll allow a stranger some casual musings in the event you get a little stroke-y.

Can't imagine your younger side pieces are gonna have much use for a limp dick and spoon feeding date night.

Sounds like your ol' lady might just get a wild hair and put a pillow over your face.

Better hope you stroke hard the first time, one and done. Lingering wont agree with you.

...Or, get it under control and be done worrying about it. Obvious it weighs on you over the past several years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never imagined life without drinking but stopped in 2006 and smoked my last cigar December 2019
At 66 years old I feel good and shoot a lot of traditional archery
and that gives me a good upper body workout, also ride my bicycle at least 200 miles a month ....good luck on your endeavor it will be difficult but it can be done.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I will hop on the wagon with you Roger.

Been making small improvements this week already.

This right here is concerning. It could have a snowball effect. Then what?

We lose jackmountain to the dry tank too, and this place will suck!

😝🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Old age, diapers and Alzheimer's shouldn't be a goal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
You gots to do what you gots to do, your life - your choices.

If you'll allow a stranger some casual musings in the event you get a little stroke-y.

Can't imagine your younger side pieces are gonna have much use for a limp dick and spoon feeding date night.

Sounds like your ol' lady might just get a wild hair and put a pillow over your face.

Better hope you stroke hard the first time, one and done. Lingering wont agree with you.

...Or, get it under control and be done worrying about it. Obvious it weighs on you over the past several years.

That about sums it up for Rog.

You’d make an excellent Life Coach.

🥴🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz.

i'm sure the headache has nothing to do with that. lol

if i drank that much T101, i'd be at the funeral home about now.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Thread title kinda tells it all…you KNOW you need to quit, but it can wait till monday….

I guess that was my point in asking,why Monday.

While I'm no one to tell/ask anyone to change a lifestyle.
Nice thing about cutting back is you can still enjoy some on occasion,if the Dr. says stop you don't have the option. (Or worse)
Best of luck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are all gonna die. You could get all dried out and healthy then get hit by a beer truck.

Best to know where you are going and live a life that you can look back on and be proud of. If that Involves laying off the booze and dropping some Lbs, then good for you.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RUM7
We are all gonna die. You could get all dried out and healthy then get hit by a beer truck.

Best to know where you are going and live a life that you can look back on and be proud of. If that Involves laying off the booze and dropping some Lbs, then good for you.

Whoa, whoa WHOA!!!!

No being reasonable on the fire!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie

Whoa, whoa WHOA!!!!

No being reasonable on the fire!!!!!

Crazy talk ^^^^

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn Rog, I ain't had a day like that (without the BP issue) since '87 or so. I still remember it.

Taper off.

and good luck.

Now my BP and heart issues are age and genetic related and probably an extra 15 lbs or so.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I say cut out the turkey and you good to go

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Blood pressure like that should be your wake up call to do some major lifestyle changes starting with significantly reducing alcohol intake and paying attention to your diet. Failing to do so risks having a stroke or a coronary in the very near future.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

But, actually, this touches on something for me. I still have an occasional cigar. Golfing. At the lake. I enjoy them, and, considering the oil well fire exposure I had, occasional cigars are not something I'm going to be concerned about.

The goal isn't to live the longest and hate every minute of it. At least that's not my goal.

I simply feel better, and am able to do more stuff I enjoy if I'm in shape.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Blood pressure like that should be your wake up call to do some major lifestyle changes starting with significantly reducing alcohol intake and paying attention to your diet. Failing to do so risks having a stroke or a coronary in the very near future.

I say do what you enjoy.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Woke up at 1:30 in the morning with my head hurting and dizzy, blood pressure was 206 over 115, had to take another pill and a half to bring it down. Need to lose about 30-35 lbs. Back on Keto.

Read the book titled “Wheat Belly” by Dr. William Davis. Get rid of the wheat in your diet and you will lose weight. It’s not easy as wheat is in everything but if you can a least eliminate some, it will help. Good luck in whatever you do.

Last edited by 450BM; 01/15/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JimmyGrace
You wimped out leaving a quarter of that bottle of Turkey not drunk. And only 19 beers, one shy of 20? Should’ve drank the whole bottle of whiskey and a full case of beer, or kept quiet about it all.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 450BM
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Woke up at 1:30 in the morning with my head hurting and dizzy, blood pressure was 206 over 115, had to take another pill and a half to bring it down. Need to lose about 30-35 lbs. Back on Keto.

Read the book titled “Wheat Belly” by Dr. William Davis. Get rid of the wheat in your diet and you will lose weight. It’s not easy as wheat is in everything but if you can a least eliminate some, it will help. Good luck in whatever you do.

Jeezus...another one.

I am MAGA.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.