Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good luck with whatever you do….
My goal this year is to get completely off nicotine, eat a little better and get off the blood pressure meds completely…. I’m just glad I no longer have that alcohol monkey on my back….

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Damn, that's quite the package for one doob.

wtf is that, is that a joint?

I guess so, new to me.

Buddy brought it over and i was thinking wtf?

It never left the plastic tube.

Speaking of hangovers, I just rolled outta bed.

Called in sick. Those cows can eat tomorrow...

Weed was invented in BC, but I never seen a joint in a tube like that lol, gotta get out more I guess.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by steveredd1
last January had to get a new doctor, got a phone call from his nurse that he was changing my BP meds. In about a week I stated have bad headaches, got appointment with my new doctors PA and when checking in my BP was 280 over 175. PA want to call a ambulance and have me takin to the ER, the doctor told the PA to just give me a Rx of hydralazine and send me home. left the office and drove myself to the ER which I caught heck from the ER doctors. Was admitted and got it all straightened out, why my new doc changed my BP Rx to begin with is a is mystery. They did la work while at the ER and my kidney functions were low high so I got a kidney doctor and he adjusted my medication for my blood pressure and straightened it all out, it's now 120 over 78
last dr I had put me on lisinopril. I had been taking clonidine and was working. I started coughing so bad on the lisinopril I strain the muscle in my lower abdomen. switched Dr's to one who would listen to me.

I've heard that Lisanopril made some people cough. I take one little BB sized pill of it every morning and it drops my blood pressure down to normal.

It's never caused me to cough.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

I guess so, new to me.

Weed was invented in BC, but I never seen a joint in a tube like that lol, gotta get out more I guess.

For the record I made it to work. Don't need people thinking I'm a lazy stoner....lol

Current fun...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
ACE inhibitors like lisinopril (they tend to end in “pril”) tend to cause a dry, annoying, low volume cough.

They call it the ACE cough. It’s really common.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Roger, I grew up around the bar business. Dad had two bars and several other businesses. One was a flooring business, mainly carpet and vinyl. I was a hard drinker in my younger days but grew tired of tough days and wasted time. Installed flooring 10 to 12 hours a day and closed out the rest of the day drinking in one of his bars or some other. Hard living as it were.

Dad was my hero and that is the life he led. So I naturally followed his path. He died at 57 after 10 years of heart attacks and bypasses. Drank to the bitter end. I saw what was happening to him long before it caught up with him and I made the changes.

All his friends lived that way and they all checked out early. Lived fast and hard, that's what you did . They were all good people. Worked hard and played hard. What I knew as real men. Most of my buddies played it pretty much the same way. It has caught every single one...sadly. I still drink now and again and I pay when I do. You get what I'm saying.

I know where you are at and know you know.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by steveredd1
last January had to get a new doctor, got a phone call from his nurse that he was changing my BP meds. In about a week I stated have bad headaches, got appointment with my new doctors PA and when checking in my BP was 280 over 175. PA want to call a ambulance and have me takin to the ER, the doctor told the PA to just give me a Rx of hydralazine and send me home. left the office and drove myself to the ER which I caught heck from the ER doctors. Was admitted and got it all straightened out, why my new doc changed my BP Rx to begin with is a is mystery. They did la work while at the ER and my kidney functions were low high so I got a kidney doctor and he adjusted my medication for my blood pressure and straightened it all out, it's now 120 over 78
last dr I had put me on lisinopril. I had been taking clonidine and was working. I started coughing so bad on the lisinopril I strain the muscle in my lower abdomen. switched Dr's to one who would listen to me.

I've heard that Lisanopril made some people cough. I take one little BB sized pill of it every morning and it drops my blood pressure down to normal.

It's never caused me to cough.

You're one of the lucky ones. Everyone I know with high BP, including myself, has gotten that awful cough from lisanopril. I almost passed out on the interstate coming home from work one day. That's when I got mine switched to losartan. No coughing with that.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Axtell
One other thing while I do drink a lot of beer, I seldom drink liquor. That bottle of turkey had been sitting for months. I feel good this morning fixing to take off to Alice tx and try and finish up that shower by Tuesday.

You may addicted to sugar, not alcohol.

If you reduce carbs to 5% or less of your calories you will know.

An anecdote along these lines. I had a relative that pickled his liver (cirrhosis) by drinking tons of beer for 40 or 50 years. His doctor made him quit. Up until that time he would tell you that he didn't care that much for sweets. After quitting the beer he started drinking fruit juice and slamming candy bars and sweets. His body was craving the carbs he was used to getting via the beer.

Good chance he was like me as a kid, long before I started drinking.

Never diagnosed, as they didn't normally test kids for that kind of stuff, but looking back at the way I was in school and at home, I was likely borderline hypoglycemic way back then. I would get woozy and nearly fall out in church if I didn't get to eat before going. Still the same, have to eat something every 3-4 hours or I start to crash. Have to keep jerky, granola bars, fruit, or something around just in case. I'll turn into a tweaker almost, easily distracted, angry,etc. But, because when tested I come out right on the low normal level I just get told by the docs "Keep something around to eat"

Back when I was a beer drinker, the beer solved that issue.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 673

I guess so, new to me.

Dang, did the plastic melt when you torched it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

I guess so, new to me.

For the record I made it to work. Don't need people thinking I'm a lazy stoner....lol

Current fun...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Damn, son,

that doesn't look like fun to me.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Axtell
One other thing while I do drink a lot of beer, I seldom drink liquor. That bottle of turkey had been sitting for months. I feel good this morning fixing to take off to Alice tx and try and finish up that shower by Tuesday.

You may addicted to sugar, not alcohol.

If you reduce carbs to 5% or less of your calories you will know.

An anecdote along these lines. I had a relative that pickled his liver (cirrhosis) by drinking tons of beer for 40 or 50 years. His doctor made him quit. Up until that time he would tell you that he didn't care that much for sweets. After quitting the beer he started drinking fruit juice and slamming candy bars and sweets. His body was craving the carbs he was used to getting via the beer.

Good chance he was like me as a kid, long before I started drinking.

Never diagnosed, as they didn't normally test kids for that kind of stuff, but looking back at the way I was in school and at home, I was likely borderline hypoglycemic way back then. I would get woozy and nearly fall out in church if I didn't get to eat before going. Still the same, have to eat something every 3-4 hours or I start to crash. Have to keep jerky, granola bars, fruit, or something around just in case. I'll turn into a tweaker almost, easily distracted, angry,etc. But, because when tested I come out right on the low normal level I just get told by the docs "Keep something around to eat"

Back when I was a beer drinker, the beer solved that issue.

yup

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,202
Posts18,485,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.