Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Axtell
Originally Posted by stxhunter
One other thing while I do drink a lot of beer, I seldom drink liquor. That bottle of turkey had been sitting for months. I feel good this morning fixing to take off to Alice tx and try and finish up that shower by Tuesday.

You may addicted to sugar, not alcohol.

If you reduce carbs to 5% or less of your calories you will know.

An anecdote along these lines. I had a relative that pickled his liver (cirrhosis) by drinking tons of beer for 40 or 50 years. His doctor made him quit. Up until that time he would tell you that he didn't care that much for sweets. After quitting the beer he started drinking fruit juice and slamming candy bars and sweets. His body was craving the carbs he was used to getting via the beer.

Good chance he was like me as a kid, long before I started drinking.

Never diagnosed, as they didn't normally test kids for that kind of stuff, but looking back at the way I was in school and at home, I was likely borderline hypoglycemic way back then. I would get woozy and nearly fall out in church if I didn't get to eat before going. Still the same, have to eat something every 3-4 hours or I start to crash. Have to keep jerky, granola bars, fruit, or something around just in case. I'll turn into a tweaker almost, easily distracted, angry,etc. But, because when tested I come out right on the low normal level I just get told by the docs "Keep something around to eat"

Back when I was a beer drinker, the beer solved that issue.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?