T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49
For DBT and M9….. please note that it is God that will be the judge…not me…and I would expect that your protestations that “but there was no evidence of you, God” will simply swept away if/when God shows you the truth.

There's no evidence to support your premise, so it doesn't mean anything.
Time will tell

Two thousand years and Christians are still waiting.

Waiting for what?

Jesus will not return until the “fullness of the Gentiles” is complete. God is still adding to His kingdom everyday and will continue to do until the Body of Christ is complete…….Then, He will return.

For partial clues, see Romans 11:25

Last edited by TF49; 01/18/22.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
For DBT and M9….. please note that it is God that will be the judge…not me…and I would expect that your protestations that “but there was no evidence of you, God” will simply swept away if/when God shows you the truth.

Time will tell

Waiting for what?

Jesus will not return until the “fullness of the Gentiles” is complete. God is still adding to His kingdom everyday and will continue to do until the Body of Christ is complete…….Then, He will return.

That's not what the gospels promise...however, when is this 'fullness of the gentiles' likely to reach fruition? In our time?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Oops…

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Time will tell

Waiting for what?

That's not what the gospels promise...however, when is this 'fullness of the gentiles' likely to reach fruition? In our time?

So, what is it that the gospels,”promised?”

Do you have a reference?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Ok, glad you are not bothered by anything I might say.

Can't assume that - you might say something that bothers me. I meant that your belief means nothing to me unless it's proven to be true. If you're judging me by your unproven belief system, then that might warrant bother.

Some of "God's" instructions in the bible are immoral and unethical - that bothers me. It's not a good book to literally lead your life by.

Interesting reply….ok…..

You express your view that my belief system means nothing to you because it is not proven to be true. My view is that my belief system is undoubtedly true…..God provides that witness and proof to me as He abides within me. John 14:20 “….. you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me and I am in you.”

You have repeatedly stated that there is no evidence to “support your premise” about the existence of God. I would say that the evidence for the existence of Yahweh is all around us and one only has to “look around” and see the evidence of God’s existence. Further, one only has to look around and see the sin of this world.

Putting these two points together, I see conclusive evidence and I have my proof.

You do not see evidence nor have proof…… I’m ok with that, but also, you can expect me to disagree with those that claim there is no evidence and there is no proof.

Lastly, I am in total disagreement with you that the Bible is not a good book to live your life by. It is my assessment that many here do not understand the concept of dispensations nor do they understand the New Covenant. Many here will pull from the OT to discredit God’s actions and His love….. I view this as simply making an excuse to “justify their uncomfortableness” with God.

I don’t see many folks criticizing the biblical teachings of Jesus. It seems that even the existence of the historical Jesus is totally swept aside in order to divert from discusssion of His teachings.

Anyway….. carry on…..

Btw…. Jesus does indeed love you and His hand is extended toward you….

John 6:37 “…… whoever comes to me I will never drive away.”

Matthew 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”

Ask….Seek…..Knock

My advice is to be an “honest seeker.”

The Bible is true because The Bible says it's true.
That's the logical fallacy known as Circular Reasoning.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Time will tell

That's just a believer's slogan. I suspect that in the final moments of life and consciousness believer's won't be able to experience the dissapointment of not seeing the expectations of their faith.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Time will tell

Waiting for what?

Do you have a reference?

In the words attributed to Jesus;

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

''Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)

''But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.“ (Matthew 24: 25-34)

“And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place. “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.” And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.“”… (Revelation 22:6,7,10,12,20)

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT

Time will tell

Waiting for what?

That's funny. You're view's in conflict with those Christians who believe the rapture will happen any day now....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If you are gonna drag this line on forever, maybe you need to consult Big Stick eh?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The Bible (multiple versions thereof) is an excellent mind control manuscript to manipulate a person’s conscious. There are many very good people that are Christians and there are some very bad ones. The Bible is a crutch in my opinion for those that need guidance on how to be a good person. Doesn’t seem to work universally.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT

Time will tell

Waiting for what?

That's funny. You're view's in conflict with those Christians who believe the rapture will happen any day now....

Please tell me where the conflict is?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Wrapids
If you are gonna drag this line on forever, maybe you need to consult Big Stick eh?

Why?

So he can throw a Bible, Koran and The Veda into a stream to see which holds up the best?
Based on that standard I'm guessing the Babylonian Clay tables would hold up the best and Marduk and his pantheon would be declared the One True Religion.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Time will tell

Waiting for what?

Do you have a reference?

In the words attributed to Jesus;

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

''Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)

''But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.“ (Matthew 24: 25-34)

“And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place. “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.” And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.“”… (Revelation 22:6,7,10,12,20)

So, the events of 70 AD…… the end of the age, destruction of the temple with Jesus establishing His kingdom on earth in the hearts of men….His coming in the clouds of judgment, estimates of 1 million Jews killed…. It was the generation that Jesus was talking to that saw all of this.

For your study…… https://preterismmatters.webs.com/matthew24fulfilled.htm

Study and ponder…..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many believe that the Olivet Discourse and Revelation were both a prophecy of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, and have nothing to do with the Second Coming of Christ.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Many believe that the Olivet Discourse and Revelation were both a prophecy of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, and have nothing to do with the Second Coming of Christ.

Except the part where Revelation was written after 70AD.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Their position is that Revelation, and the Gospels, were written before 70 AD.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Their position is that Revelation was written before 70 AD.

Modern scholars put it closer to 96 AD

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

So, the events of 70 AD…… the end of the age, destruction of the temple with Jesus establishing His kingdom on earth in the hearts of men….His coming in the clouds of judgment, estimates of 1 million Jews killed…. It was the generation that Jesus was talking to that saw all of this.

For your study…… https://preterismmatters.webs.com/matthew24fulfilled.htm

Study and ponder…..

You need to read and consider the descriptions of the promised event. Something, as stated, that all the tribes on earth would see, all men judged, etc.

The 70ad events do not fulfil the description or the prophesy, although Christians of that period did believe they were the end times and expected the described event to happen within their lifetime.

They were disappointed, the prophesy was pushed forward.

Last edited by DBT; 01/18/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not all. Some put it prior to 70 AD.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Their position is that Revelation was written before 70 AD.
Not all.

Of course you don't want to believe the inconvenient facts that undermine your position.

Page 39 of 45 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.