Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
That's what I've been finding as well, in more than one cartridge.

Mule Deer and Jordan (and anyone else using StaBall),

What primers are you using, large rifle or magnums?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JayJunem

Mule Deer and Jordan (and anyone else using StaBall),

What primers are you using, large rifle or magnums?

I’ve just been using standard LR primers.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I've used standard LR primers as well, with good results. But if a load didn't shoot as well as hoped, wouldn't hesitate to try magnum primers.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

I’ve been playing with StaBall a little in a Tikka 6.5 CM with 22.4" barrel. Velocities and powder charges are consistent with Hodgdon's online data, when corrected for barrel length.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Good to know, John. Thanks. I've seen the same in 6 CM with 115 DTACs, as well.

Really? Do they test that stuff or something?

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Mule Deer and Jordan,

Thank you for your responses. I've been wanting to try some StaBall in my .270 with some 95 gr. TTSXs. If I can ever find it again.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Marketing

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by reivertom
Marketing

Yep, it works.

17 pages so far. Simple question by OP.

Go figure.

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Marketing

Yep, it works.

17 pages so far. Simple question by OP.

Go figure.

DF

Brings 'em out of the woodwork, huh DF? Topics on the 6.5CM and Leupold always include in depth analogies from people who've never owned or used them. I wish I had that talent.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Marketing

I have mentioned in earlier posts that marketing actually had relatively little to do with the 6.5 Creedmoor's success.

Initially Hornady designed it as a target round, and since that market isn't huge they didn't do much promoting/marketing.
But after a few years enough hunters had tried it,and found it worked very well, for the word to start getting around.

This was several years after the 6.5 CM was introduced in 2007. Yes, it's been around 15 years now, but a lot of folks somehow think it appeared in the last few years, because that's when considerable "marketing" started appearing in various magazines and on the Internet. But that was in response to the growing interest in the round, not the major cause of its popularity.

Another point is that for "marketing" to work, the product has to live up to its claims--and the 6.5 Creedmoor did, providing a consistently accurate, affordable and relatively low-recoil round suitable for a wide range of uses. The history of American marketing is full of failures that didn't live up to their marketing hype. Probably the Ford Edsel is the classic example, but probably relatively few Campfire members can recall much about it. New Coke was a more recent example.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Aside from the most obvious 260 Remington, what cartridges has the 6.5 Creed hurt most? I am thinking the 7mm-08 is a likely candidate.

The 6.5 Creedmore is just a flash in the pan and will be just another choice of chambering like any other round. There have been several whizzbang rounds in the past that were the end-all to the world of shooting, and after a few years the industry comes up with the next big thing and moves on.

Twelve years and still going hot is a pretty darn long flash I'd say.

Fourteen+ years now.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
According to a European study, 7mm bullets have been linked to heart disease and cancer. These conditions aren't a problem in Scandinavian countries, or with 6.5mm bullets. The US is slowly being integrated into the European collective. Resistance is futile.

Hornady has been secretly funded by several European governments to develop ammunition that is,

1. Euro friendly;
2. Very accurate (to lure Americans away from the various 30 cal cartridges);
3. Less fattening;
4. Cheaper; and
5. Designed to convert the US to metric.

This last thing is troubling. According to the National Reloading Foundation, metric measurements will change the reloading landscape in the US within a few years. Grains will become grams. Meters will replace feet. 1000 yd ranges will become 914 meters, etc.

It has been happening in the US for several years now. Plummeting 30-06 and 308 Winchester sales. The constant, in your face comparisons of the 6.5CM to the Swede. Canada (a metric country) produces much of the powder for the US market. The same goes for Australia. Lapua bullets are more widely available. Coincidence? No.

Sweden is quietly going about their metric, 6.5mm business. They want the 6.5x55mm restored to its former glory, and are using the 6.5CM as their way in. Keep your eyes on Lindström, Minnesota. The US centre of operations.

Expect warning labels on store bought 7mm and 30 cal ammunition. Swedish will be taught in more US high schools. Vihtavuori powder will arrive in the US in much larger quantities than before, displacing the old standbys. American children will be taught that herring and Köttbullar (Swedish meatballs) are healthy foods.

For many people, it's too late.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
According to a European study, 7mm bullets have been linked to heart disease and cancer. These conditions aren't a problem in Scandinavian countries, or with 6.5mm bullets. The US is slowly being integrated into the European collective. Resistance is futile.

Hornady has been secretly funded by several European governments to develop ammunition that is,

1. Euro friendly;
3. Less fattening;
4. Cheaper; and

This last thing is troubling. According to the National Reloading Foundation, metric measurements will change the reloading landscape in the US within a few years. Grains will become grams. Meters will replace feet. 1000 yd ranges will become 914 meters, etc.

It has been happening in the US for several years now. Plummeting 30-06 and 308 Winchester sales. The constant, in your face comparisons of the 6.5CM to the Swede. Canada (a metric country) produces much of the powder for the US market. The same goes for Australia. Lapua bullets are more widely available. Coincidence? No.

Sweden is quietly going about their metric, 6.5mm business. They want the 6.5x55mm restored to its former glory, and are using the 6.5CM as their way in. Keep your eyes on Lindström, Minnesota. The US centre of operations.

Expect warning labels on store bought 7mm and 30 cal ammunition. Swedish will be taught in more US high schools. Vihtavuori powder will arrive in the US in much larger quantities than before, displacing the old standbys. American children will be taught that Herring and Köttbullar (Swedish meatballs) are healthy foods.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/medical-assistance-dying.html

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
[/quote] Fourteen+ years now.[/quote]

Fifteen. It was introduced at SHOT in 2007.

John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Same study that linked Redgwell to perpetual dumbasssery.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Same study that linked Redgwell to perpetual dumbasssery.

What's wrong? Didn't they bring you your Jell-O? laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marketing

Plus SAAMI specced 8 twist factory barrels and throats that promote great accuracy from factory loads.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

1. Euro friendly;
3. Less fattening;
4. Cheaper; and

Expect warning labels on store bought 7mm and 30 cal ammunition. Swedish will be taught in more US high schools. Vihtavuori powder will arrive in the US in much larger quantities than before, displacing the old standbys. American children will be taught that herring and Köttbullar (Swedish meatballs) are healthy foods.

Hold on one second…aren’t those Red Herring? 😜

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think you're right! laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think you're right! laugh

😂

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Marketing

Plus SAAMI specced 8 twist factory barrels and throats that promote great accuracy from factory loads.

John,

Not exactly. The 8-twist barrels and SAAMI throats helped, but the big "marketing" push didn't occur until several years after the 6.5 CM appeared, as I noted in a previous post--and was primarily due to hunters finding out how well it worked, not Hornady's limited early promotion as a target round.

A good example of this is one of my magazine editors, who maybe 4-5 years ago told all the staff writers that he didn't want any more articles involving the 6.5 Creedmoor. Then a year or two later he changed his mind, because so many READERS were demanding more info in the magazine....

John Steinbeck
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,111 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,771
Posts18,495,708
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.