Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
No, this thread is supposed to be about facts vs fiction. Not expressed opinions...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
GB1

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Why stop at 100 yards....

I laid out factual pellet weights.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
fact is TSS works, if people believe it or not, is their issue
First hand experience with about 30 birds give or take, and witnessed another dozen or so.
Not opinion, first hand knowledge, lead works to, first hand experience as well, so does Hevi13, and Heavyweight all first hand experience

Last edited by pullit; 01/30/22.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC
A projectile carries energy based on weight and velocity...a #4 carries way more energy than a smaller lighter weight TSS pellet.

TSS can't be pushed to the velocity lead can because of pressures caused because it doesn't give any.

There's a thing called energy transfer...

The TSS depends not on energy transfer but on the hope that it will poke a bunch of small holes in something vital.

Most any choke will shoot a bunch of small pellets. Usually not so with the bigger shot unless it's coming out of a Winchester Longbeard.

Federal ammo and all the others ammo companies are sucking hind teet with the bigger shot loads coming from Winchester...that's why they're pushing the small shot...pretty easy to see if you've been watching.

The shot lock technology in Winchester Longbeards makes most any choke/gun combination look pretty good.

Tell me what I posted that is not fact.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think one thing you are missing is the fact that TSS does not deform like lead on impact. It is much like steel shot vs lead when it comes to duck hunting. Steel shot blows thru a duck like TSS does a turkey head. Lead tends to flatten out giving it a bigger frontal area.
I can lay TSS on a steel table and hit it with a hammer and it is still round, try that with lead

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
100 is a nice round number, no need for further... until I see results, if any. All the different pellet weights have been posted, by you and others, there's no dispute there. TSS shot has its limits same as lead shot. Only argument I'll make for TSS shot, is that it makes the sub-bores a viable option, still up to the user to know what they're doing with whatever they choose to use. No matter what, people are people. There's some you're glad they do what they do and there's some you'd wish would do something else...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
This spells it out pretty clearly......penetration energy, per pellet. Steel vs lead vs hevishot vs tss......based on density. Then multiply the effect by higher pellet count.

https://www.super18tungstenshot.com/blogs/education/what-makes-tss-so-effective

Andy3

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by pullit
I think one thing you are missing is the fact that TSS does not deform like lead on impact. It is much like steel shot vs lead when it comes to duck hunting. Steel shot blows thru a duck like TSS does a turkey head. Lead tends to flatten out giving it a bigger frontal area.
I can lay TSS on a steel table and hit it with a hammer and it is still round, try that with lead

Maybe you're starting to get it.....Lead transfers more of it's carried energy to the target.

Killing is not all about penetration if it was there would be no need for soft point or hollow point ammo.

When a bullet (in this case a pellet) zips right through something and isn't capable of changing shape it takes it carries a lot of its energy out with it....

That's the reason we don't hunt with steel jacket or solid rifle ammo....true placed in the right spot a solid will kill.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
oh I got it, but a bullet ( or shot) thru the brain vs one that stops in the brain, has no real difference
The fact that due to pattern density, means that more than likely you are not going to put just one pellet thru the brain

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Good read Andy3. Unless you're just dead set against using TSS.... which is fine.

NRA life member

IC B3

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Typical TSS propaganda....

True TSS is another option where environmentally safe shot is required if you can afford it....the term "environmentally safe" is the only reason TSS exists.

I believe the term "environmental safe" is just more liberal crap similar to global warming....remember 30 plus years ago the same environmentalist claimed that we would be in an Ice Age by now ?

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Lol!

NRA life member

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
good read

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Is there such a thing as too much pattern density ?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
that is why you can play with your choke, get the pattern density that makes you happy.
Much like choosing the type shot that makes you happy.

Saying TSS does not work is not fact but is fiction and is in fact a state of denial

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
[quote=pullit]that is why you can play with your choke, get the pattern density that makes you happy.

Saying TSS does not work is not fact but is fiction and is in fact a state of denial[/quote

And that would make you, a .......

L ost
F ucking
C ause

grin

Andy3

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

I look at you guys as a lost cause.

Originally Posted by pullit
that is why you can play with your choke, get the pattern density that makes you happy.

Saying TSS does not work is not fact but is fiction and is in fact a state of denial

I don't recall saying TSS would "not work"....a #7 lead pellet "that weighs more than a TSS #9" will also work.

All any one wants to talk about is pellet density, density, density.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
No lost causes, only overly enthusiastic open debate! Lol!

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC
A projectile carries energy based on weight and velocity...a #4 carries way more energy than a smaller lighter weight TSS pellet.

TSS can't be pushed to the velocity lead can because of pressures caused because it doesn't give any.

There's a thing called energy transfer...

The TSS depends not on energy transfer but on the hope that it will poke a bunch of small holes in something vital.

Most any choke will shoot a bunch of small pellets. Usually not so with the bigger shot unless it's coming out of a Winchester Longbeard.

Federal ammo and all the others ammo companies are sucking hind teet with the bigger shot loads coming from Winchester...that's why they're pushing the small shot...pretty easy to see if you've been watching.

The shot lock technology in Winchester Longbeards makes most any choke/gun combination look pretty good.

Tell me what I posted that is not fact.

Your very first statement is factually incorrect. Kinetic energy is based on mass and velocity. Weight is not mass, it's only part of mass. Mass a function of weight and volume.

A small denser object can have the same mass as a larger less dense object. A smaller denser object can also have more mass than a larger less dense object.

So if the very first assertion is factually incorrect, why go on reading the rest of your "facts?"

Last edited by 10Glocks; 01/30/22.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LFC

I look at you guys as a lost cause

Don't see us guys as a lost cause, unless the cause is to go back to lead. I guess you care more about what I hunt with than I care about what you hunt with.

Most if not all on here have first hand experience with TSS. You on the other hand have never shot it and have no first hand experience with it. (your own words from another of your TSS threads)
I really don't care what you shoot. but this is the third thread you have started about how TSS is not good or does not do what it claims.
The guy I hunt with is/was a lead shooter up till 2 years ago. After seeing over and over me not only killing my birds dead right there but seeing me kill 2 birds that he wounded with lead. 2 years ago with no encourage from me, he up and switched to TSS.
i, same goes for you, do/did not care what he hunted with. He saw first hand what TSS would do and switched. He was the last person I would have thought would have swapped as he is very old school and commented several time on how his lead shell worked.

Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 51 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,708
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.