-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got my 20G Federal TSS #7 delievered today. Thanks FedEx, for working on Sundays. Yay for me.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Nice. Please share pattern results.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
let's see the patterns

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't shot it yet. My club's outdoor range was closed yesterday due to snow and I couldn't go today. But as soon as I do, I'll post it. I got some Winchester XX 20G 3" #5, too. I want to pattern the TSS #9 and #7 and XX #5 at 40 yards out of the same choke. Likely next weekend if weather permits.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 01/30/22.
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC
A projectile carries energy based on weight and velocity...a #4 carries way more energy than a smaller lighter weight TSS pellet.

TSS can't be pushed to the velocity lead can because of pressures caused because it doesn't give any.

There's a thing called energy transfer...

The TSS depends not on energy transfer but on the hope that it will poke a bunch of small holes in something vital.

Most any choke will shoot a bunch of small pellets. Usually not so with the bigger shot unless it's coming out of a Winchester Longbeard.

Federal ammo and all the others ammo companies are sucking hind teet with the bigger shot loads coming from Winchester...that's why they're pushing the small shot...pretty easy to see if you've been watching.

The shot lock technology in Winchester Longbeards makes most any choke/gun combination look pretty good.

Tell me what I posted that is not fact.

Your very first statement is factually incorrect. Kinetic energy is based on mass and velocity. Weight is not mass, it's only part of mass. Mass a function of weight and volume.

A small denser object can have the same mass as a larger less dense object. A smaller denser object can also have more mass than a larger less dense object.

So if the very first assertion is factually incorrect, why go on reading the rest of your "facts?"

One minute you're down on the guy claiming deer kills with #4 TSS now it seems you're saying #9 TSS is like a black hole....hard to defend both pieces of a rotten pie.

Here's a definition of Kenetic energy I Googled up quote:

"Kinetic energy is a form of energy that an object or a particle has by reason of its motion. If work, which transfers energy, is done on an object by applying a net force, the object speeds up and thereby gains kinetic energy."

Fact....once TSS exits the muzzle it ain't getting any faster.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Given the same muzzle velocity and resistance, a smaller but denser pellet is not slowing as quickly as a larger pellet with less density, either.

"One minute you're down on the guy claiming deer kills with #4 TSS now it seems you're saying #9 TSS is like a black hole....hard to defend both pieces of a rotten pie."

Didn't say that anywhere. Physics is physics and as far as I know neither lead nor TSS defy the laws of such.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well I will agree with you one thing, TSS does not speed up once it leaves the barrel, but then again neither does lead.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
But the heavier projectile retains velocity longer and retains more energy.

Case in point it takes 3+ #9 tss pellets to weigh as much as 1 copper lead #4.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
So why are you using copper plated #4, why not use plain old lead #4, I will bet it is to increase penetration. Once again, redneck ballistic gel of roofing tin, shoot it with lead #4 and TSS #9 and tell me what happens. I have told you what happens but I guess you don't believe me. Try it for yourself and see first hand what the outcome is.
Don't read it, don't do the "I think," I feel" crap see it for yourself first hand.

Last edited by pullit; 01/31/22.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I don't hunt turkeys wearing roofing tin jackets....

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

Not necessarily. There's other factors at play other than weight. Mass and velocity is key. Since we're talking spheres, projectile shape is moot. When it comes to spheres, and given the same initial velocity, and the same resistances, the sphere with more mass will retain it's momentum longer.

Again, weight is only part of mass. Mass is a function of weight and volume.

All this is beside the point. Pullit is right. It's a long decided issue. If you don't want to believe it, don't. But people that use TSS confirm what physics tells us.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Not necessarily. There's other factors at play other than weight. Mass and velocity is key. Since we're talking spheres, projectile shape is moot. When it comes to spheres, and given the same initial velocity, and the same resistances, the sphere with more mass will retain it's momentum longer.

Again, weight is only part of mass. Mass is a function of weight and volume.

All this is beside the point. Pullit is right. It's a long decided issue. If you don't want to believe it, don't. But people that use TSS confirm what physics tells us.

Those little pellets are still subject to the laws of physics.

I recall this from your last physics lesson....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Write it down since you don't seem to be remembering it.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

Food for thought....

Ever notice how guys the that shoot TSS all the sudden become Rocket Scientist and Physic prOfessors ?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't know about the rest of the guys but I am a Rocket Surgeon.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
My degree is in common sense that's why I don't shoot fAiry dust sized shot a turkeys

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This has been a useful thread. Despite his best effort and flawed physics theories, LFC gave precisely zero sound reason not to try TSS. On the contrary, Dean and Pullit supplied reasoned, sound data and first hand accounts. I've now accumulated 4 boxes of 20g TSS #9 shells and 2 boxes of TSS #7 shells. Weather permitting, I'll try them out of Tinkerbell this weekend.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
If you can, please post results. I'm waiting for better weather to shoot through the Indian Creek I just picked up and for the first time, will be shooting at reactive targets, not my old job blueprints. Also received notification that I drew my area for spring turkey in Wisconsin.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will post results.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have my shotgun that I have hunted with for years and already have the choke and shell recipe for it but I put a new red dot on it and need to sight it in. When I do, I will try and post some pictures of it as well.

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,548
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.