Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
This has been a useful thread. Despite his best effort and flawed physics theories, LFC gave precisely zero sound reason not to try TSS. On the contrary, Dean and Pullit supplied reasoned, sound data and first hand accounts. I've now accumulated 4 boxes of 20g TSS #9 shells and 2 boxes of TSS #7 shells. Weather permitting, I'll try them out of Tinkerbell this weekend.

The way you're sounding on that diaphragm caller I can see why you feel the need to stretch the shooting distance

You should try some #4 TSS on deer too....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotta love LFC. He's the cool guy that literally claims to be an expert, criticizes everyone, but hasn't posted a single video of himself doing what he criticizes me for, or pointed to a single article he's written, or a book, or any company he owns or with whom he's on staff. 7 birds a year, many while on crutches. You'd think with that kind of skill he'd be well known. But nothing. Just baseless criticizm. He just brags and criticizes. That's really his only contribution. He's like the annoyingly bragadocious and baffoonish brother in law no one in the family really likes but tolerates because somehow he scammed a nice sister into marrying him. He's the kind that shows up at the family event and everyone rolls their eyes but smiles at him while thinking that they wish that dick didn't come. The kind of guy who is really annoying and whose wife has a secret boyfriend, and everyone kind of knows it but won't tell him or condemn her because, you know, she's martied to a guy like LFC and they all undertstand. So they just let it roll.

LFC is like the Campfire's Cartman from South Park. He thinks he's cool no matter what.

LOL. I'm just fuqkin' with you, LFC. You cool. You cool. We all know you cool. Yer still the cool kid.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/02/22.
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC
This has been a useful thread. Despite his best effort and flawed physics theories, LFC gave precisely zero sound reason not to try TSS. On the contrary, Dean and Pullit supplied reasoned, sound data and first hand accounts. I've now accumulated 4 boxes of 20g TSS #9 shells and 2 boxes of TSS #7 shells. Weather permitting, I'll try them out of Tinkerbell this weekend.

The way you're sounding on that diaphragm caller I can see why you feel the need to stretch the shooting distance

I didn't know I was going to hurt your wittle feewings

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Gotta love LFC. He's the cool guy that literally claims to be an expert, criticizes everyone, but hasn't posted a single video of himself doing what he criticizes me for, or pointed to a single article he's written, or a book, or any company he owns or with whom he's on staff. 7 birds a year, many while on crutches. You'd think with that kind of skill he'd be well known. But nothing. Just baseless criticizm. He just brags and criticizes. That's really his only contribution. He's like the annoyingly bragadocious and baffoonish brother in law no one in the family really likes but tolerates because somehow he scammed a nice sister into marrying him. He's the kind that shows up at the family event and everyone rolls their eyes but smiles at him while thinking that they wish that dick didn't come. The kind of guy who is really annoying and whose wife has a secret boyfriend, and everyone kind of knows it but won't tell him or condemn her because, you know, she's martied to a guy like LFC and they all undertstand. So they just let it roll.

I guess every family has one of those....lol

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
And I think we just met two of them.

You the know the two dumb sum beeitchs that think they know it all and really know nothing about nothing.

One thing I have noticed is guys that shoot TSS get pretty nasty when you kid them about their wittle bitty ballz.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL. Like I said, you're cool, LFC. We ALL have nothing but the highest respect for you. You've earned it. We all know you know it all.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
At least i know something... .it's pretty evident you don't know Jack chit.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Again, weight is only part of mass. Mass is a function of weight and volume.

All this is beside the point. Pullit is right. It's a long decided issue. If you don't want to believe it, don't. But people that use TSS confirm what physics tells us.

Call me crazy for jumping into this thread for my first post, but in all fairness, I don’t think LFC’s physics theories are as flawed as you claimed several posts back. In fact, your comment “Again, weight is only part of mass. Mass is a function of weight and volume” couldn’t be more incorrect. Mass is a function of how much matter of a given density is in an object of some volume. Weight is simply the effect of gravity on mass. One pellet of #4 lead does weigh more than one pellet of #9 TSS because, despite the higher density of the TSS, the volume of the #9 pellet is just not enough to result in it weighing more than the less dense but larger #4. Like LFC, I too don’t believe there is any way a #9 TSS has more energy than a #4 lead if the two pellets are travelling at the same velocity. That is the point he tried to make in the first post before this thread evolved. So if you’re talking one pellet vs. one pellet, I’m going to side with LFC but that’s just my opinion and I know what everyone says about opinions.

On the flip side, I won’t disagree with what others have said regarding the penetration of the lighter #9 pellet because it does require less energy for it to penetrate a surface than the larger pellet because of the difference in diameters/surface areas. How many #9s does it take to impart the same energy on a turkey’s head as one #4? I don’t know but at some point it can be accomplished with pattern density which seems to be a large part of the TSS argument. As a turkey hunter it's the long range shooting part of defending TSS that makes me cringe. I used to shoot Hevi-shot and Nitro Ray’s shells but don’t anymore. Some of what I heard about the pressures generated by the Nitros, whether true or not, scared me enough I quit shooting them and went back to lead.

At the end of the day I personally don’t care what anyone else shoots but I am waiting to hear LFC’s response about when he thinks he might feel the need to go to work for someone as a prostaffer to build some turkey hunting/calling/call making credibility to help sell one or two of his calls.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TD5427
Like LFC, I too don’t believe there is any way a #9 TSS has more energy than a #4 lead if the two pellets are travelling at the same velocity.

They don't, at the same velocity. There's plenty of online calculators out there that show this is correct. For instance at 1100 fps, a #9 will have 4.5 joules of energy, a #7 TSS will have 7.31 joules of energy, and a #4 lead will have 9.4 joules. All at 1100 fps. But there's more TSS shot for given weight, and TSS, according to published data, indicates it retains its velocity and energy better than lead.

So, at the muzzle, pellet to pellet, LFC is right. 30, 40, 50 yards out, they aren't traveling at the same velocity anymore.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
There goes Professor Joule'en again.....talking out his azz.

IC B3

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Heck you might ought to get you a 10 Guage and stuff it with TSS....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
There goes Professor Joule'en again.....talking out his azz.

Got anything to suggest otherwise? It's interesting that you've concluded TSS doesn't work yet admit you've never tried it.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I never said that it didnt work actually i praised it......

QUOTE:

"TSS is not covered by the laws of physics....

Once TSS leaves the muzzle it defies gravity......it's more aerodynamic in it's 40 yard journey than a fatter lead pellet.....TSS some how gains energy as it slows down.....TSS has heat seeking powers that no other pellet posses if your aim is off a little it doesn't matter once on it's mission it can't be stopped......TSS is able to leap over and around tall trees in a single blast.....so powerfull is TSS it can shoot clean through big oaks and kill the turkey.....

I know a feller that carries a small bag of TSS dust in his pocket and if the turkey gets in close enough he sprinkles a little in the palm of his hand hand gives a stout blow had just the sight of it will kill a turkey.

That's how TSS got the name "Magic Fairy Dust".....

Only thing more potent on a gobbler than TSS is the copper plated #4 Kryptonite I shoot out of my SBE."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I stand corrected.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LFC
[b]

Only thing more potent on a gobbler than TSS is the copper plated #4 Kryptonite I shoot out of my SBE."

Got it, if you use it, then it is the best.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Same could be said for you.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LFC
Same could be said for you.

Not really, I like what I like and could care less if you like it or what you or anyone else uses. Show me one place that I said you have to use TSS or you can't kill turkey.
I know first hand that lead, Hevi, Heavy Weight, and TSS kills. I have used them all, I just like TSS for my hunting

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
For a such a carefree guy you sure spent a lot of time trying to argue with the facts I posted.....

Do you by chance use decoys and shoot turkeys out of enclosed blinds ?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You are the one talking about (this is the 3rd thread you started on the subject) something that you know nothing about except what you hear and read. Go get some first hand experience and lets talk then.
I like what I like and you like what you like it is easy as that.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I started two threads one about facts the other about showing patterns try and pay attention

Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 1badf350, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,592
Posts18,473,455
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.