Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Thinking about taking my 1911 .45 ACP loaded with TSS turkey hunting. Thoughts? That's enough capacity, ain't it?

That's where TSS belongs it would make good rat and snake killer....I suspect your 1911 will become a smooth bore after a few rounds.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The Amish turkey calls are damn nice too.

If they make calls like they make furniture, I bet they are. I have a house full of Ohio Amish made furniture and it's the best made stuff I could find.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Do you really think I care what you and phOny yOderboy think.....
LOL. I don't really care if you care what I think.

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda funny, in that the ignore function doesn't weed out the B.S. from the substance in multi-quotes. So I do get to enjoy a bit of cheap entertainment from time to time.

Apparently, you DO care what we think..........or you wouldn't be so obsessed. You ARE a nice guy in one respect. You're letting me live in your head 24/7 and not even charging me rent. It's kinda small in there. But comfy, nonetheless.

Let it go, Luther. You'll have more time for constructive things.

https://youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
The Amish turkey calls are damn nice too.

If they make calls like they make furniture, I bet they are. I have a house full of Ohio Amish made furniture and it's the best made stuff I could find.
I've bought a bunch of the Amish turkey calls as gifts. I kept a couple for myself too.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Time for the riddle yoderbOy

What do you call a guy that claims he's been paid by the turkey hunting and choke tube industries for two decades won't tell who paid him and hides behind a bogus user name on the internet ?

I think they call that a phoney.....

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by LFC

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda funny, in that the ignore function doesn't weed out the B.S. from the substance in multi-quotes. So I do get to enjoy a bit of cheap entertainment from time to time.

Apparently, you DO care what we think..........or you wouldn't be so obsessed. You ARE a nice guy in one respect. You're letting me live in your head 24/7 and not even charging me rent. It's kinda small in there. But comfy, nonetheless.

Lol!!! Once the legendary LFC videos surfaced, he was taken off ignore!! Truly the gift that keeps on giving..

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wagner
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by LFC

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!

Lol!!! Once the legendary LFC videos surfaced, he was taken off ignore!! Truly the gift that keeps on giving..

They DO kinda put a whole new perspective on a bunch of his claims......do they not ??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of this is interesting, but...
I have a few valuable 1920s ancient but effective American doubles.
One is a 1925 AH Fox SuperFox 3in 12 and a LC Smith Waterfowl 1924 3 in 12 GA. The Smith
accounted for a large turkey at about 48 yds with the new tungsten X Hevi-Shot Envirometal. No 4 shot.

TSS might be gentler on the bores of these valuable shotguns-or not.. It also is important as
to the shot cup that does/does not shield the bore until exit.

With the Fox, might limit to Winchester Long Beard.

Then there is a 1917 Fox XE Grade in 2 3/4 12 GA. Probably lead with this 104 yr old classic. (Turkeys come in closer to see the engraving).

Thoughts on tungsten alloy shot in valuable bores?? Thanks in advance...

Warum nicht...

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 450Fuller
All of this is interesting, but...
I have a few valuable 1920s ancient but effective American doubles.
One is a 1925 AH Fox SuperFox 3in 12 and a LC Smith Waterfowl 1924 3 in 12 GA. The Smith
accounted for a large turkey at about 48 yds with the new tungsten X Hevi-Shot Envirometal. No 4 shot.

TSS might be gentler on the bores of these valuable shotguns-or not.. It also is important as
to the shot cup that does/does not shield the bore until exit.

With the Fox, might limit to Winchester Long Beard.

Then there is a 1917 Fox XE Grade in 2 3/4 12 GA. Probably lead with this 104 yr old classic. (Turkeys come in closer to see the engraving).

Thoughts on tungsten alloy shot in valuable bores?? Thanks in advance...

Warum nicht...

I'd be leary of the harder shots in vintage guns.

I have a pair of aging Winchester Model 21's. The strength of the 21 is unrivaled among SxS shotguns. But I'm still sticking with lead only. Maybe I'm just a chicken......

Last edited by Yoder409; 02/16/22.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tungsten will not be kind to the bore if it makes it past the shot cup. For that matter even the Heavyweight stuff that Federal put out might not be nice either. If they were mine, I think I would look at Bismuth shotgun shells.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I was curious about this too and did a little "looking around" using the search phrase "is TSS shot safe to use in old shotguns?". What I found is what type of tungsten shot is it? Tungsten matrix is a blend of tungsten powder and a polymer binding agent. This shot, according to H&H in the UK, is safe in their old guns. Sintered tungsten, like what Federal uses, is made/formed by using heat and compression. This shouldn't be used in old shotguns. This was just some quick looking around.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I wouldn't try it if I valued my gun....when TSS first hit the market they only recommended using it in guns with replaceable barrels a short time later they resended this recommendation I suspect because it hurt sales.

Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 163bc, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,597
Posts18,473,504
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.