Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by 673
Just a guess, the emergency act will make any law enforcement immune from prosecution.

Does it also make them bulletproof?

Yes it does.

GB1

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
The problem with giving police wide sweeping powers as the Emergency Measures Act provides is that certain officers forget that protesters should still be dealt with in accordance to the law. Their job is to arrest them and not deal out street justice. The last time these powers were handed to the RCMP, in 1970, then called the War Measures Act, the Mounties used this event to harass all manner of groups that they considered undesirable. They broke into union offices, legal separatist groups, the Communist party offices and any one they wanted to target. The group they were to investigate were the FLQ but they used the act to cast a wide net for their investigations.

This resulted in the McDonald commission that looked into RCMP wrongdoings. There are negative consequences to giving police carte blanche on their response. Most officers are decent but watch the arrest videos and judge for yourself.

Nick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are reports and pictures that the police officers have their names and badge numbers covered

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nick1899
The problem with giving police wide sweeping powers as the Emergency Measures Act provides is that certain officers forget that protesters should still be dealt with in accordance to the law. Their job is to arrest them and not deal out street justice. The last time these powers were handed to the RCMP, in 1970, then called the War Measures Act, the Mounties used this event to harass all manner of groups that they considered undesirable. They broke into union offices, legal separatist groups, the Communist party offices and any one they wanted to target. The group they were to investigate were the FLQ but they used the act to cast a wide net for their investigations.

This resulted in the McDonald commission that looked into RCMP wrongdoings. There are negative consequences to giving police carte blanche on their response. Most officers are decent but watch the arrest videos and judge for yourself.

Nick

Exactly, anyone with experience with law enforcement here in Canada knows they are untouchable.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The woman wasn’t killed—but she was Mohawk First Nation. Taxpayers might be on the hook big-time

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Makes me ask where are the good cops to arrest the bad cops when these bad cops act in alignment with unlawful orders knowing those orders are unlawful.

I just listened to 3 cops on You Tube decrying what "Trudeau is doing" ---------but Trudeau is not DOING anything.

Cops are!

Good cops would be good. Good at doign the Job! Enforcing the law.

Treason is unlawful

I am a bad electrician. I am a pretty bad auto mechanic. The reason is not that I am evil. It's because I can't (or won't) do those jobs.
Same with cops They are not all evil (but obviously many are) However a bad cop is not going to uphold the LAW starting with those requiring arrest of criminals commuting high treason. He may be a good-hearted man, but if he won't iphold and defend the law, he's a bad cop, just like I am a bad electrician. Start with study of LAW and then enforce it!
Nope....we never see that.

We don't often see good cops arrest bad cops when the bad ones commit crimes, but thankfully there are exceptions. Bad cops getting busted by other cops (many times from outside agencies) is not all that uncommon. Not as common as it need to be, but there is hope.

But a truly good cop would arrest someone in the commission of high treason and in all the history of out nation, I think we have seen it maybe 10 times and zero times were those that got arrested the king-pins of those crimes.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Running over an unarmed elderly people probably isn’t going to help the situation for Trudeau.

Every time they strike down on unarmed peaceful people, the movement grows.

If this is Trudeau’s tactic, he is doomed.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Protect and Serve

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by erikj
Originally Posted by local_dirt
"Nazi sympathizer on drugs damages police property during armed insurrection"

Horse expected to make a full recovery from beating by white supremacist.

Funny. 😂😂😂

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[bleep]'s getting real! Trudeau needs to go. I hope the people in Canada prevail and our U.S. politicians are paying attention.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Funny. 😂😂😂

We get Canadian radio stations here, and it's nearly that bad.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Nick1899
I am not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. If one is riding a horse on a roadway should it not be considered a vehicle. I have looked at the Ontario highway traffic act and have not found the definition of what a horse on a roadway would be defined as. There are guidelines for riding horses on Ontario roads in the act. If it is considered a vehicle and in my mind it should if it is carrying a rider, then the Ottawa police have committed vehicular manslaughter by surging into a crowd with their horse mounted officers. The rider should then be charged just as if he had been at the wheel of a police cruiser. The police rider ought to have known that his actions could harm or kill individuals as a horse weighs nearly as much as a vehicle. Again I’m not a lawyer, just asking for a friend.

Nick

While engaged in official duties cops don’t have to obey the HTA.

ETA, what those cops did was part of their training as a crowd control tactic. However, their usual protesters aren’t disabled old ladies. Not excusing them, but you might see the same thing at another protest (unless it was BLM or Antifa, in which case they’d be handing out matches and gasoline)

Last edited by Wannabebwana; 02/19/22.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Unfortunately someone has to die so the government can push the "deadly insurrection " narrative like they are doing to the J6 Capitol breach.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Funny. 😂😂😂

We get Canadian radio stations here, and it's nearly that bad.

Geez.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The police must be proud. "I was following orders."

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The police must be proud. "I was following orders."

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by viking
Meanwhile in American cities the indigenous population can burn, loot and pillage without out recourse. Maybe they need to start calling themselves BLM.

Something is terribly wrong.

Learn something here daily. Blacks are indigenous to NA now. TFF!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 700LH
Protect (the politicians) and Serve (ourselves)

Might as well tell the truth and use the whole quote. Wayne LaPierre is a sleazeball thief, but he got it right with his "Jackbooted Thugs" comment!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Prosecute the horse! Lock it up! Lock it up!

P.s. this what happens when your prime Minister adores china...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/19/22.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 21 invisible), 1,792 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,765
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.