Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
JillBob,

You are sucking the wrong ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

English, do you speak it, retard? If so, answer the question.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I put a Burris 2.75 on an inline, used it a bit, then pulled it and went with a regular 2-7. Unless the gun fits pretty well, they’re hard to get behind, hence not so fast, and I had trouble separating deer from weeds at only 100 yards. For fast, I like a 1-4 or 1-6. Good ones are like looking right down the barrel over irons. Have a 1-6 Trijicon on my Mini Grendel and a SWFA 1-4 on a Mini 14.

The SWFA was a pleasant surprise. Thought I’d hate it, but it was on sale for $300, so WTF. The stuff I thought would be issues wasn’t, and it’s a great utility optic for a semi carbine.

Scout Scopes are a fhuqking JOKE and a great way to put a parachute on "speed". Hint.

A bottom rung LPVO,absolutely CRUSHES all things Scout,no matter what Bedtime Tales the girls are telling one another. Hint.

And often things red dot and prism I’ve found, after futzing around with a bunch of those as well

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JillBob,

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'348,

A good 'Dot is lightning FAST,as parallax is removed from the equation. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
JillBob,

I don’t know what any of that means. I don’t speak retard. English is hard if you are a retard.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JillBob,

Your High Pitched Nasal Whine is fhuqking SOOTHING and undoubtedly perfected,by a "Life" of doing same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
JillBob,

Your High Pitched Nasal Whine is fhuqking SOOTHING and undoubtedly perfected,by a "Life" of doing same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

English, retard, English.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JillBob,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I scrapped the Burris Scout scope on mine shortly after I mounted it. Didn't like it much from the beginning and it only got worse. Switched to a LPVO in QD Warne rings. Far better option than a scout scope.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Burris scopes are Dog Schit to start with and their Scout(s),easily amongst the biggest pieces of fhuqking schit "offered". The LAST fhuqking thing I want QD,is my Optics. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never liked the scout. I sold it once and then traded back for it when I thought I might be able to like it after all, then sold it again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nobody who actually fhuqking shoots,finds any fhuqking "favor" in Scout STUPIDITY. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to be a Burris fan. Had a lot of E1s and they worked well but hated the goofy reticles and ended up selling all of them except a E1 2-7X. I stuck that on a spring-air gun and despite it being "spring gun rated" got knocked out of zero about every 25 shots, and it kept getting worse. Took it off when I couldn't keep it zero'd after 10 shots. Got my first Hawke Airmax and despite being Chinese made it's head and shoulders superior to the "tough" Burris. 1,000+ shots so far and as zerod'd as the day it got zero'd.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/21/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Burris has never made anything worth a fhuqk and their heart remains in same. Hint.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by viking
So those of you with a Sout rifle, what optics if any do you have on them?

Today I was at the range shooting my Marlin 336 30-30. It has a Burris 2x-20mm pistol scope mounted on it with quick detach mounts and a Williams peep sight for back up. With the 18" barrel this makes for a very handy little package. The Burris scope is very good. It gives me a very clear sight picture. It tracks very well because I'm always adjusting it up or down depending on what load I'm shooting.
I shoot mostly 175gr cast bullets with a gas check usually on top of 23gr of IMR4198 but use a 170gr JSP when hunting. As far as speed goes I've never timed myself with a scout scope or conventional scope but apparently I can shoot fast enough with either type to get the job done. I do lots of dry fire practice with my rifles and it helps a lot.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I never said anything about speed…. That was insinuated…

I want a scout scope so that I can keep the factory peep in place.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One thing is for SURE,with a Burris Scout...you ARE gonna need them Irons. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IMR4350

Today I was at the range shooting my Marlin 336 30-30. It has a Burris 2x-20mm pistol scope mounted on it with quick detach mounts and a Williams peep sight for back up. With the 18" barrel this makes for a very handy little package. The Burris scope is very good. It gives me a very clear sight picture. It tracks very well because I'm always adjusting it up or down depending on what load I'm shooting.
I shoot mostly 175gr cast bullets with a gas check usually on top of 23gr of IMR4198 but use a 170gr JSP when hunting. As far as speed goes I've never timed myself with a scout scope or conventional scope but apparently I can shoot fast enough with either type to get the job done. I do lots of dry fire practice with my rifles and it helps a lot.

Do you have a forward mounted rail on that 336?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by goalie

Do you have a forward mounted rail on that 336?

Yes. I have an XS picatiny rail mounted on the rifle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes. I have an XS picatiny rail mounted on the rifle.

Cool. I just think there are a lot of LPVO options out there now that didn't exist when scout rifles were a thing.

I've never tried an actual scout rifle setup, but I can't imagine anything but an actual red dot being "faster" than my Trijicon at 1x with illumination on.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,095
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.