Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
MAD provides a lot of deterrence, true enough.

The scenario people worry about is a gradual escalation which reaches critical mass. Russia has battlefield nukes because they believe they can be used sparingly EXACTLY because of MAD. So if Russia reasons that the world fears MAD so much that even it were to use tactical nukes we would not escalate, and then the US who does not have battlefield nukes.and gets worried about first strike advantage.

Bad things can follow.

Don't worry you can watch DVR reruns of Yellowstone and buy a case of bourbon.

Who told you we don't have battlefield tactical nukes?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GhettoSportman
Don't forget manufacturing locations! I'm an hour outside of Detroit. From what I understand we've always been a target because of all the manufacturing plants that can changeover to tanks and planes and other military toys. Military bases don't produce any of the toys they play with!

The prices we pay for living where we choose. People all to often forget that in life. The life picture is way bigger and a single snap shot.

We choose to live in Alaska as much as we can. 45 minutes from a first strike missile defense base. Wonder how safe that is? For the tradeoffs its worth it to us.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tzone
JFC is there anything you guys DON'T worry about?

Until I started eating beets... I worried about not having stonger more powerful erections

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by OldHat
MAD provides a lot of deterrence, true enough.

The scenario people worry about is a gradual escalation which reaches critical mass. Russia has battlefield nukes because they believe they can be used sparingly EXACTLY because of MAD. So if Russia reasons that the world fears MAD so much that even it were to use tactical nukes we would not escalate, and then the US who does not have battlefield nukes.and gets worried about first strike advantage.

Bad things can follow.

Don't worry you can watch DVR reruns of Yellowstone and buy a case of bourbon.

Who told you we don't have battlefield tactical nukes?

No body important. How many do we have compared to Russia?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wait, a nuclear exchange would inadvertently target oppressed minority communities and the LGBT communities: RACIST!!! HOMOPHOBIC!!!! NUKES ARE WHITE SUPREMACY!!!!!

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart
You'll be ok if you just hide under your desk.

I remember that. Hiding under my desk was preferable to when they put us in the hallway in the “ kiss your ass goodbye” position. We were always in a double row, behind the kid with the stinky ass. I always thought “don’t let me die like this. Please put me behind one of the cute girls.”

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Get under the heaviest table in your home put your hands clasped together behind your head, pull head down betwix your knees and kiss your ass GOODBYE!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Do you think we know the locations of & are tracking the Russian Subs carrying nukes within range of USA?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by tzone
JFC is there anything you guys DON'T worry about?

Until I started eating beets... I worried about not having stonger more powerful erections

LOL!!! See there's a reason to eat your vegetables! Why not go out in a blaze of glory!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Lol

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by GhettoSportman
Don't forget manufacturing locations! I'm an hour outside of Detroit. From what I understand we've always been a target because of all the manufacturing plants that can changeover to tanks and planes and other military toys. Military bases don't produce any of the toys they play with!

The prices we pay for living where we choose. People all to often forget that in life. The life picture is way bigger and a single snap shot.

We choose to live in Alaska as much as we can. 45 minutes from a first strike missile defense base. Wonder how safe that is? For the tradeoffs its worth it to us.

I tried to move to Alaska in 1980 but like everywhere else if you weren't born there they wanted nothing to do with you! I missed a job in Wasilla by a day or I might still be there now!

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 1,986 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,184
Posts18,523,803
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.