Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by Nathan13
Get over it. I absolutely cannot imagine bitching about someone hunting on their own property. It's a deer, for fuggs sake

No I'm not gonna get over it. They are facing our property 5 yards away from the line. Do you only have a 5yard shooting lane? If the stand was actually facing their property, no big deal, don't like it but whatever. This guy is hunting our land. Unless he thinks something is gonna walk directly underneath him just happened to come from our land.

Good grief, your rights stop at the fence. If he wants to put a basketball court on the line, it’s still his property.

Bitching about his tree stand makes you as bad as your neighbor. Possession is limited by boundaries, not by disgust.

Nooo...not here. This place is made up of rugged individuals who stand up for what is right and the law. Until????

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Heading off our property.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And the result of letting your little head do the thinking.

My neighbors aren't as choosey as we are. As long as they don't get carried away I'm happy for them. It's not hard to be an azzhole and screw everyone's hunting up. There's one thing I know for sure, if I squeeze the trigger I'll never see that buck alive again.
I sent my nephew a txt that a young 10pt was heading his way and I'll never see him alive again either. Every year we loose a few nice bucks to hunters, but isn't that what it's all about? Just do what's right and everything will work out.

TrueGrit...Looks like you would be a great neighbor..However, your ethics have me concerned, in that I think it is unethical to text another that game is coming their way. However, if it is legal....then my ethics are irrelevant. wink

BTW...Nice Bucks, congrats...

Honestly I don't know what the laws are pertaining txt while hunting. Group txing has saved a lot of nice bucks for us, some on purpose and some because your txing and not hunting. It's hard for me to believe you can use game camera's that'll send a picture to your phone live 24/7 and you can't txt your kin on your own property. I'm far from being a legal beaver and just because it's the law doesn't mean it's right. I try to do what I feel is right and live by the Golden Rule.

Last edited by TrueGrit; 03/04/22.

Life is good live it while you can.
Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So basically some of you thinks it's ok to hunt an adjoining property with no permission as long as the stand is on your stand.

Wow.

Whatever. Call me a whiner, that's fine, I'll call you a poacher if you think thats ok.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
It ain't nothin I'd waste any time worrying about.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i got good neighbors we all hunt our own land and call if we have a wounded animal to track before we go on their land we stay polite and helpful to other neighbors.at hunting camp.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This might be a radical approach, but why not contact the neighboring landowner and talk. While you are talking, maybe try to come up with a joint strategy that provides opportunity on both sides of the fence. Deer are going to cross back and forth regardless. Neither property is big enough to fully hold the local deer population, especially rutting bucks.

Also a consideration: do all involved parties actually know where the property lines are? Have seen a lot of times where landowners and others assume things like fences or roads are always on property lines. Have seen faulty memories of where lines start, end, and run. Have seen people who assume they own a property they in reality do not own (even to the extent of selling what they think they own). One guy even built a big fancy barn on another man's property. Have seen moved survey pins that have shown lines not as actually surveyed. And even using GPS vs USGS quads, lines can be significantly off between systems of coordinates or between GPS coordinates and USGS maps. Never a bad idea to have an actual survey and marked property lines before getting into a squabble.

Aside from that, maybe there is some non-sinister reason for how the stand faces, like it is just seasonal storage and not intentionally installed overlooking your property. If the neighboring property is good and of some size what is his incentive for hunting just over your fence?

Besides, if you build animosity, how likely is he to let you cross to his side for that wounded big buck that made it over to his side of the fence?

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pete53
i got good neighbors we all hunt our own land and call if we have a wounded animal to track before we go on their land we stay polite and helpful to other neighbors.at hunting camp.

All of us have the same agreement, except don't call. Just go get the animal. They always text me afterwards and I do the same to them. Get the deer, don't hunt the neighbors land.

Some here must think that private property is the same as state land.

I just have a hard time believing that the guy is not hunting the 40 acres behind him when in front him is a target rich environment, with this stand atleast.

I could give 2 shidts what he does, but boy, his setup is so sketchy for poaching it's not even funny.

As for the idea of using the tree for cover and shooting behind him, I could respect that but I can see alot better trees and cover from my side to do that. Granted I haven't been in there alot.

Cameras will be posted. I've calmed down some, still pissed but..

I'm gonna try and talk to the guy. I don't want to cut a road into a small little preserve. If the deer walk on his property, fair game. Deer love that area to bed, don't poach. It's our property, we don't own the deer,but you shoot it across property lines it's called poaching. Some here will sugar coat it but it's poaching.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Except this guy isn't trying to hide hunting our property.

Our road in is on an old rail bed that we own.we only use 3/4 mile to drive on. Last 1/4 we let over grow. Area is about 1/4 mile by 250'. Deer love it.

I figure let the deer have it to bed in, etc. We own just under 100acres.

New neighbors to the south put a tree stand roughly 5 yards from our " no trespassing sign " facing our property.

Stand is on his property so can't say anything about that. What I think I'm gonna do is extend our road the 1/4 mile and I'll park my truck right there and walk in.

We have so many line hunters covid can't even get in.

Have you spoke to them? I don't know how they do it in Michigan, but round here when we have a concern with a neighbor, we talk to the neighbor.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jaguar
This might be a radical approach, but why not contact the neighboring landowner and talk. While you are talking, maybe try to come up with a joint strategy that provides opportunity on both sides of the fence. Deer are going to cross back and forth regardless. Neither property is big enough to fully hold the local deer population, especially rutting bucks.

Also a consideration: do all involved parties actually know where the property lines are? Have seen a lot of times where landowners and others assume things like fences or roads are always on property lines. Have seen faulty memories of where lines start, end, and run. Have seen people who assume they own a property they in reality do not own (even to the extent of selling what they think they own). One guy even built a big fancy barn on another man's property. Have seen moved survey pins that have shown lines not as actually surveyed. And even using GPS vs USGS quads, lines can be significantly off between systems of coordinates or between GPS coordinates and USGS maps. Never a bad idea to have an actual survey and marked property lines before getting into a squabble.

Aside from that, maybe there is some non-sinister reason for how the stand faces, like it is just seasonal storage and not intentionally installed overlooking your property. If the neighboring property is good and of some size what is his incentive for hunting just over your fence?

Besides, if you build animosity, how likely is he to let you cross to his side for that wounded big buck that made it over to his side of the fence?

Had it professionally surveyed. One neighbor was upset cuz he lost a few feet, other was happy.

As for storage, he's facing north. We have some pretty good north winds. He's either a rookie and dumba$$, or leaves it there for a reason.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
So basically some of you thinks it's ok to hunt an adjoining property with no permission as long as the stand is on your stand.

Wow.

Whatever. Call me a whiner, that's fine, I'll call you a poacher if you think thats ok.

I sure as he'll don't shoot deer off someone else's property and don't see where anyone else says it's ok to do. I better not catch someone one my property looking for a deer they shot at if they didn't contact me first. All my posted signs have my name and phone numbers on them and the neighbors know how I feel about walking around. I can't see any reason you or anyone else has a right to tell me what way my tree stand needs to face on my property.

Last edited by TrueGrit; 03/04/22.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Nathan13
Get over it. I absolutely cannot imagine bitching about someone hunting on their own property. It's a deer, for fuggs sake

And here we have a line Hunter. Lol

Camp is where you make it.
Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Wow.

I sure as he'll don't shoot deer off someone else's property and don't see where anyone else says it's ok to do. I better not catch someone one my property looking for a deer they shot at if they didn't contact me first. All my posted signs have my name and phone numbers on them and the neighbors know how I feel about walking around. I can't see any reason you or anyone else has a right to tell me what way my tree stand needs to face on my property.

Most of our neighbors are long time. They all have my number. Something tells me this new guy doesn't care, I could be wrong, but he put his stand up facing our property 5 yards from our posted sign. Sugar coat it all you want

Oh and I will never tell anyone what to do on their property, whether I agree or not, unless you you infringe on mine. Then I will make a big deal about it.

Last edited by Joel/AK; 03/04/22.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
[quote=Joel/AK]So basically some of you thinks it's ok to hunt an adjoining property with no permission as long as the stand is on your stand.

Wow.

Oh and I will never tell anyone what to do on their property, whether I agree or not.

But you'll cry about it like child on a stupid hunting forum.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
What do you mean he's " hunting your property" you've said that more than once. If he backs up 30 yards and faces the same way is it ok? 50 yards? 100 yards? ...be careful now, you said you won't tell someone what to do on their own property.

Just another guess here, but you haven't owned any amount of property very long have you?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
His land, his stand to place wherever he wants. And until you catch him actually poaching you are making unfounded accusations

However, on the piece I have and hunt rarely. The neighbors and I don’t have a problem. We just hunt and don’t get all that excited about it if one steps over the line.

Back awhile I was hunting and was knowingly on an adjoining piece when he came walking towards me with an obvious purpose and asked if I had permission. I replied no and was told to leave. Said fine, but do you ever hunt that piece over there? “Yes” was the reply. “Well, from now on you don’t.” He looked at me and the light came on. “Been awhile, you the Neil boy?” “Yes.” “Ahh, let it be.” And we had a little talk about what was going on.

Neighbors, not causing aggravation over a damn line in the ground. And when the gas company wanted to pay me to place a pumping station on my ground, which would be right behind their house, I had the company get a written letter from them they didn’t object.

And if they shoot a Deer on what I own, I could care less. I’ll go and try to find another. Some obviously feel different and think their little fiefdom makes them a King.

We are all in the hunting game together, which escapes some who insist on being pricks over a Deer.

Addition: There will be some timber cut on mine this summer. I will make sure the cutting doesn’t doesn’t distract their view around their backyard. I suspect it will continue to pay dividends. No sense in being a prick over a few trees.

Last edited by battue; 03/05/22.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rem141r
treestands have been known to get schit in. right on the seat.

How far and high can you shiit without trespassing? Or would you first obtain permission to cross the holy line and climb into another’s stand? With the purpose of shiiting on the seat? Rotten neighborly thing to do to one who allowed you access..The Ted Turners off this country obviously don't have to own half a State to have more than a little in common.

One would think on an outdoor forum you would learn about hunting, shooting, etc. I’ve learned more about why this country is where it is at today. And all the pricks are not the libs.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So to some of you, private land should just be public land.

Nathan, 5 yards facing OUR property is different than 100 yards.

People have different ideas of ethics.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Some years ago, my neighbor to the west mentioned they wished they knew where our stands were so they wouldn't shoot in that direction. Yes they are lined up on the property line. WTF. We talked and it's a good relationship now. Do they take deer off our property? I'm sure they do. Hell, I gave them a key to our gates.

Communication does work and I hope I can talk to these people.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So to some of you, private land should just be public land.

Nathan, 5 yards facing OUR property is different than 100 yards.

People have different ideas of ethics.

What has he taken off your land? Where do you draw the line on how far into his property he should place a stand? Maybe he is a photographer. What law has he broken? Remember, "as long as it's legal" is the campfire mantra on ethics.

Fact is you are worried he will see something coming off your land and kill it on his. Happens all the time when people are hunting small parcels.

However, are willing to accuse him of being a poacher, with no reason other than how he legally uses his property. And try to make your case on you being the ethical one.

And your first sentence is complete BS in that you think you have the right to tell him what to do with his private land. What a hypocritical joke!!!!

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
If something walk off ours onto his, take it if that's what they want to do. Yes his stand is legally on his land and he can do what he wants. That's why I'm not gonna mess with it.

I can understand if it was a saddle type of setup where he's using the tree as cover but this is just a cheap ladder stand.

This area is known for folks ignoring property lines, just like many places. I got pics from a camera on the back 40 of one family doing drives through our property. I showed the pics to a neighbor who holds alot of weight in the area. Told him to get the word out to stop it on our land and I won't get Leo's involved. It stopped.

I guess I'm just weird where I believe our property is ours. No grey area.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,907
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.