Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bbassi
This was our local Wally World pasta section last Thursday. I walked by on Sunday and it was pretty much the same. Either people are hording spaghetti or the S already starting to HTF.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Our walmart looks almost bare of pasta and the space was reduced too. People are buying pasta because it is filling and cheap.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I hate to throw a pall over the plans and efforts you boys are making but if a true food crisis does develop in this country, the President and politicians in D.C. will "requisition" your food supplies. All, of course, in the name of distribution to those millions of unprepared and "needy citizens" who have nothing to eat.

A gigantic, overwhelming Government Agency will be established and thousands of bureaucrats will be hired to fan out throughout America checking each house for stored food. Maybe call the Agency "FIFF," "Fairness In Food Forever." The politicians and bureaucrats are well aware that selfish, radical "preppers" all over the country have been storing tons of food for emergencies for years. Food that can when distributed correctly to "needy" people, save the lives of the needy, especially the children who are starving.

Anyone who resists will be declared "An Enemy Of The People," with subsequent punishment including "Elimination with Extreme Prejudice."

The food will be loaded into trucks, both refrigerated and regular, and each "willing, cooperative donor," will receive a ration book with coupons good for certain foods at the local FIFF warehouse to feed individuals and family members according to their needs as established by the FIFF bureaucrats. Probably be a "digital" ration book so the FIFF bureaucrats can make certain no one is a "non-patriotic" recalcitrant.

Of course, it will be for the overall good of the Country and FIFF will remain in place until the "crisis" is over... someday in the distant future.

Thinking that could not happen here? Now I know all you boys and girls are thinking, Ol' Leanwolf is letting his overly active, fertile imagination run away with him ... but something very similar has happened in this country before. It was called "Mandatory Rationing" during WW II, put into place by one of the 'Fire's great political favorites, FDR (Federal Deficit Roosevelt.) All over the Nation, people's homes were invaded by Government employees to count the foods people had, plus farm animals, etc. Then according to the foods counted by the bureaucrats the "tickets" in ration books corresponding to the foods counted, were removed from the ration books. You could not go to a grocery store and buy those items without the proper ration tickets.

I was only four years old when the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor, but I remember a bureaucrat coming to our home and counting all the food we had including the many quart jars of canned food my mother had put up from our large garden. My mother and dad did not like it, but it was WAR!! and they were Patriotic. That's the way it was in 1942. The Government ordered: people obeyed.

Don't think that some form of this can't happen again.

FWIW.

L.W. ( Your favorite skeptic.)

All true. I remember my Granddad telling that same thing to me as a kid. It will happen if food gets scarce. Same way with copper pans and other metals melted down and repurposed.

If you have natural gas available, get it. Generators can be dual fuel. There is such a thing as "drip gas". Can your meat, it will last a long time. Always have tons of mason jars and lids, because it is a barter tool at the very least.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
A 2-3 month fast would probably be adventageous for most.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes, they are.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
had a relative during the war sell basic food items - anything rationed - sugar mostly. He figured out some way to get his hands on bulk amounts of it, might have fell off a truck. Made a pretty good living from what I understand.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ribka: Been working on that for a while now - we have two large freezers and a large pantry.
I am researching "iodine pills" right now as well.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Timberrunner: I don't think humans can go without food for "two to three months"!
They would die of starvation.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
I went to texas a few weeks ago for this very reason. Six whitetail does and an axis doe should hold me over until my september elk tag. I have 3/4 of a lamb and a coues deer in there already.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
two does, a few turkeys, whole hog, and half of a cow for the wife will not eat wild game yet.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
We can and also my wife bought a freeze dryer to save freezer space. We can make our our meals and preserve them and save freezer space.

Last edited by Unalakleet_Yooper; 03/20/22.
IC B3

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 47 invisible), 1,746 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,982
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.