Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was standing next to a guy and he picked up a Sig 320 off the table, hit the button and a fully loaded mag fell out, wracked the slide and one was in the chamber! Dealer acted like it was no big deal but the guy standing next to me that found it was pissed!
Just think if he had tried out the trigger before checking it, could have been bad, really bad.

Great show and had a lot of fun.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I know the show's over now and I did not attend this year. And those that went especially the first time I hope you all enjoyed it.
The ones talking about the size of this I just got to say, I attended my first Tulsa gun show somewhere in the early to mid-90s attended several in Springfield Missouri Kansas City Missouri a Joplin Missouri, and my first time I walked in the lower level of Tulsa and thought damn this was a really big show 3 hours later or so I discovered the upstairs which is roughly twice as big as the downstairs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BladeRimfire
Does anyone know if those perty gals are gonna be there this year? Had a jealous wife last show. Now I got no wifey at all. Gonna plan on getting some hugs & pictures with them this year! Titties & guns!!!! What's not to love......sorry couldn't help it

Well, what about the gals? Did they show up? Pics?

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Thank all the comments and tips. We did 6.9 miles on Saturday. Not too bad for a guy who has had two total hip replacements on the same hip. My shoes did great, my son’s didn’t. Sold my sweet sixteen as soon as I walked in past the ticket taker. It truly is unbelievable. I did mess up and forgot to write down a location on a rifle and couldn’t find it. I was a little disappointed in the lower level. Just me but a lot of guys were picking their stuff up pretty early. It just wasn’t the same as the upper level. If my health holds up, I may do it again!

Hook And Cook
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by whiteroach
Thank all the comments and tips. We did 6.9 miles on Saturday. Not too bad for a guy who has had two total hip replacements on the same hip. My shoes did great, my son’s didn’t. Sold my sweet sixteen as soon as I walked in past the ticket taker. It truly is unbelievable. I did mess up and forgot to write down a location on a rifle and couldn’t find it. I was a little disappointed in the lower level. Just me but a lot of guys were picking their stuff up pretty early. It just wasn’t the same as the upper level. If my health holds up, I may do it again!

I am going to try to make it next year. The shows around here in Kenner and Slidell are getting worse all the time.

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Ha, I just saw this.. I used to live close to there in Cleveland OK and made the show a bunch of times, and man what a show!!! I need to get back sometime!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
Originally Posted by BladeRimfire
Does anyone know if those perty gals are gonna be there this year? Had a jealous wife last show. Now I got no wifey at all. Gonna plan on getting some hugs & pictures with them this year! Titties & guns!!!! What's not to love......sorry couldn't help it

Well, what about the gals? Did they show up? Pics?

They were there.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Future show dates:

November 12&13, 2022
April 1&2, 2023
November 11&12, 2023

http://tulsaarmsshow.com/homem.html

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
What are the laws buying guns at the show in Oklahoma if you're from Texas?

Are private sales ok or do you need to go through an FFL at the show?

As a Texas resident, you can not legally transfer any long gun or handgun from a private citizen. You can buy one all day long, you just can't recieve it unless it goes through an FFL in Texas.

As a Texas resident, you could not legally transfer a handgun at the Tulsa show, no matter if it was from a private citiizen or FFL holder. Again, you can buy it, just can't recieve it at the show.

As a Texas resident, you could legally transfer a long gun from an FFL holder.

Not saying this is the way it is practiced, just the way the federal law reads....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Just once before I get planted in some marble farm would I like to make this show. Driven thru Tulsa a hundred times and never at the right time.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It is a full blown case of tired a$$/feet no matter where you do it in one day or two, but everyone interested in guns at all should make it at least once or twice. As someone else indicated you will see things you just won't likely see anyplace else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone fired a 12 gauge at the show this year. Could of heard a pin drop right away afterwards. The shotgun was pointed up - into the ceiling. No one was hurt.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Woodpecker
Just once before I get planted in some marble farm would I like to make this show. Driven thru Tulsa a hundred times and never at the right time.

There is a charter outfit here that takes people down there and have been doing it for years I guess. They handle all the meals, transportation, lodging and tables. It is a pretty slick set up I guess and that is the way I will be going next year.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I wondered what that was. I was on the bottom level and could tell it was a large weapon. I’m glad to hear no one was hurt. We kept waiting to hear sirens and we’re glad when we didn’t. Ive been in there before and never heard a shot but was told later it happened. That’s how big it is in there. I knew this one was big if I could hear it in the bottom level and it was obvious it occurred on the top level.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I am going to try it again in the spring because I like hunting in October. The shows here(Slidell) are no comparison to this show. If you have ever gone to a Jackson, Ms show its way bigger than it.

Hook And Cook
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The spring show is the biggest. I’ve came to the conclusion that there are vendors there that do not want to sell a gun, they do it for a social event, you can tell the tags on the guns are old and been handled thousands of times. There are deals to be had especially if your looking for hard to find items, but 98% of it is over priced and you could do better just ordering it online and paying the shipping.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
What day did the shotgun go off? I was there Friday and Saturday and never noticed it?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Gun went off Sunday around 1pm or there about.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was about 80ft from the accidental discharge. Scared the [bleep] out of me. Actually saw the wading bounce off the ceiling. I paused what I was doing and went back to a conversation I was involved in.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,912
Posts18,479,552
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.