Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
We are currently finishing a huge batch. There are a bunch of all configs ready for people that have ordered since late april and may. We are trying to call all the customers over the next week or so. If you ordered one, call us and we can get it finished up. Mon, Wed and Fri are best for checking on orders by phone BUT email anytime is probably a better bet. If you are not replied to in a day or two, follow up with a call. I am sorry, but I am getting 100 or so emails a day and probably 40 phone calls. IF there is no answer or machine, we are on the phone so call back.

GB1

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L

May I email you Mr. Stiller to know if my actions are ready?

(I have a question on the Predator base: could you make one with 4 inches more on the front - kind of an extended foward picatinny base? )

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Luis, they will be ready this weekend. I can ship next week. I need to get the payment and FFL faxed to me. I cannot make the special base.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stiller
what is BXROADS real name. I may have you on the list. How was it ordered, by email or phone. I have just finished a batch this week and will be calling loads of people from as far back as May. How is not accepting a deposit a problem. I dont want to be accused of using someones money.

Clint Smith
Ordered by phone in March I think, could have been April. Not that its been an overly long wait but I was told it would be much shorter.

As far as the deposit goes, I regret I used it in a negative context. You are doing the customer a favor by not requiring a deposit. The point I was trying to convey was that I did not have a warm fuzzy feeling that I was on the list from the second I hung up the phone. Combine that with the fact that we've exceeded the time period I was told to expect it (by several months) and I just assumed I never made the list. I probably should have called and might could be accused of "piling on" with the above post. For that I apologize.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Answer the phone or return calls and you will be golden!!!.Your product sells itself but only if you and Curtis are there to back the product! In the business world, if a product has a problem, it is not the previous track record of the product that determines the outcome but the service after the fact.............

This is true wether it's the drive through at McDonalds or a $750 custom action.... Food for thought(pun intended)!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Clint, I do have the order. It was for a 308 Tac 30 and a 20 moa rail ordered on 4/23. If you still want it, I will have one next week. If not, let me know and the next guy on the list can get it.

Xverminator, I have heard and reheard your point. I understand. We are doing the best we can right now. Curtis and I talk on the phone all damn day. If it rings, we answer it, 8 am till 10 pm most times. If a message is left at lunch or when I am not here in the eves I try to call it back in a few days. Sometimes it does not happen. I AM SORRY. I hope things will get better with the more help I am hiring. I am busy 14+ hours per day, 7 days a week at this point. Everything gets its priority as the criticality moves up. I understand it is not optimal. You have a loc of "Edge of hell" on your posts. You must live next door to me as of late it is right here with all the crap we have to do. At this point, please just let it go. Thank you. Stiller

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not trying to bust your balls....I'm super easy going, but I am surely trying to help! Seems as if you guys are finding the right track!! This thread is yours my friend...........

X-VERMINATOR

Last edited by xverminator; 10/03/07.

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L

Mr. Stiller, email sent to you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LRCampos....talk to Glen Seekins, seekinsprecision.com, he would most likely make your special base for you.

J

[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L

Thank you jason, I just sent him an email!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
all I can tell from reading this thread is

gunsmiths are human

stuff falls thru the cracks sometimes, if it's once in a blue moon can't see how it's a problem, if it's SOP that's a problem

business is dealing with problems, there are just as many problems caused by a successful biz as an unsuccessful one, and while the success ones are better to deal with in the big picture, they are still a problem when they're in process

Coleman, Kampfield and Stiller could all give lessons in standing up and being honest with folks, refreshing thing to see with business owners! ain't no ENRON in any of them that I can tell.

last thing I picked up from this thread, the campfire is still a cool place to hang out with lotsa good folks participating, even if we do get antsy with our rifles. don't know about you boys, but 20 years ago I'd have been lucky to find out about any of these guys.

Freaking internet is amazing, like fire, great tool but it can easily cause big problems too

IMO everyone came out looking good and at one point in this thread I didn't see how that would be possible. Kudos gentlemen, kudos

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin
My next action just may be a Stiller.

rb

You'll be pleased with it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
stiller or anyone, how do you get the black bolt option instead of the grey.

Proud Member of the AccuBond Society.......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MColeman
Originally Posted by RickBin
My next action just may be a Stiller.

rb

You'll be pleased with it.
I am pleased with the rifle Mickey built on a Predator

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L

Tim in TN, I think the black oxide finish bolt is an option for the Tac action line. All the Predators are Armaloy (grey) finish.

At Stiller site, is said that the black oxide finish of the bolt is not so durable as the armaloy finish.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks, I had seen Tac actions with both colors and just wondered how it worked.

Proud Member of the AccuBond Society.......
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
The black bolt really isnt a very good option. It comes off pretty easy and will rust through. We really dont like to do them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can someone or Jerry, give me an email or phone number to Stiller. I can't find my note and can't access his website at work.
Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stiller - 972-429-5000

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
or..... stillerviperactions.com

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,553
Posts18,472,995
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.