Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've always been told the Rapture can't take place till after Israel rebuilds the temple.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm told the Temple is prebuilt, waiting in storage.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Every generation believes the world is in such a state the end is imminent... every one... such is the never ending struggle of life.

Kent

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DugE
Rock Chuck,
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58, and Revelation 4:1 describe the same event that immediately precedes the Great Tribulation.

We won't find the English word "rapture" in the KJV Bible. But we do find the event. The Greek word used to describe the catching away of the saints in 1 Thessalonians 4 is "harpazo". It means catching away, seizing by force.

Jesus is coming to "catch away" His children! It will be in the twinkling of an eye, time indivisible. Scripture is full of facts about this.

John Darby didn't invent the Rapture 200 years ago. Jesus did before time began! Psalm 119:89

John 14:1-3 Jesus said He is preparing a place for us. He WILL come again to receive us unto Himself. Why? To shield us from the wrath to come. This world will be judged. Sinners will be damned. The earth and everything in it will burn with a fervent heat. THEN He will bring down a new Heaven.

Whether living in body or sleeping in the grave, I am going when He calls!!!

I LOVE JESUS!!!

You are correct, sir, There will be a rapture and I believe it is coming soon. But what is soon. Only a word, as is rapture.

Rapture is not a word that is found in Scripture. But it is used to describe a very biblical doctrine; the return of Christ and the gathering up of his elect. This doctrine is central to the hope that we have as believers, or should have. There are many passages throughout the NT that speak to it.

There are three passages in the New Testament that do provide us with explicit information about this event and over a dozen more.

Matthew 24:30-31 is a portion of Jesus’ teaching about his return. In this passage he says that all the peoples of the earth will see him coming in the clouds. And that with a trumpet call, he will send his angels to gather his elect from throughout the earth.

In 1 Corinthians 15 Paul defends the future resurrection of believers. And in verses 50-55 he describes what that will be like. It will happen in a moment, at the last trumpet. When the trumpet sounds, the dead will be raised, and the living believers will be changed.

The third passage is also from Paul and is in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. In this passage Paul is seeking to encourage the believers in Thessalonica concerning some of their members who had died. He assures them that the Lord will return from heaven, along with a trumpet call. And when that happens, the dead in Christ will be raised, and those still alive will be caught up together with them.

Last edited by RickyD; 04/29/22.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Maybe it all ready happened and none of you guys made the grade?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Maybe it all ready happened and none of you guys made the grade?

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Originally Posted by Padgett01
How long until the rapture? This world is getting worse daily, pedophilia is acceptable, homosexuality is normal, interracial couples everywhere, politicians pushing for a world war, WE WONT WIN. I no longer have faith in man, my faith lies in the Lord Jesus Christ. If you are not a believer please take these end days, to accept him into your heart as your Lord and savior.

The Jesus I have a personal relationship will not be happy about your interracial comment. Better get that sorted out sooner rather than later.

Really? Read: Deuteronomy 7:3-4. Jesus tells us the same thing in the NT. I'll pray for you.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I've always been told the Rapture can't take place till after Israel rebuilds the temple.

Read Hebrews; there is no going back. That which the temple pointed to has been made manifest in our Lord.

Anything that teaches the necessity of a rebuilding of the temple is heretical.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
[quote=mauserand9mm]Maybe it all ready happened and none of you guys made the grade?[/quote

Hahahaha Mate .. You too have been thrown into the Campfire for Eternity..
Your a Genius..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Rock Chuck,
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58, and Revelation 4:1 describe the same event that immediately precedes the Great Tribulation.

We won't find the English word "rapture" in the KJV Bible. But we do find the event. The Greek word used to describe the catching away of the saints in 1 Thessalonians 4 is "harpazo". It means catching away, seizing by force.

Jesus is coming to "catch away" His children! It will be in the twinkling of an eye, time indivisible. Scripture is full of facts about this.

John Darby didn't invent the Rapture 200 years ago. Jesus did before time began! Psalm 119:89

John 14:1-3 Jesus said He is preparing a place for us. He WILL come again to receive us unto Himself. Why? To shield us from the wrath to come. This world will be judged. Sinners will be damned. The earth and everything in it will burn with a fervent heat. THEN He will bring down a new Heaven.

I LOVE JESUS!!!

You are correct, sir, There will be a rapture and I believe it is coming soon. But what is soon. Only a word, as is rapture.

Rapture is not a word that is found in Scripture. But it is used to describe a very biblical doctrine; the return of Christ and the gathering up of his elect. This doctrine is central to the hope that we have as believers, or should have. There are many passages throughout the NT that speak to it.

There are three passages in the New Testament that do provide us with explicit information about this event and over a dozen more.

Matthew 24:30-31 is a portion of Jesus’ teaching about his return. In this passage he says that all the peoples of the earth will see him coming in the clouds. And that with a trumpet call, he will send his angels to gather his elect from throughout the earth.

In 1 Corinthians 15 Paul defends the future resurrection of believers. And in verses 50-55 he describes what that will be like. It will happen in a moment, at the last trumpet. When the trumpet sounds, the dead will be raised, and the living believers will be changed.

The third passage is also from Paul and is in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. In this passage Paul is seeking to encourage the believers in Thessalonica concerning some of their members who had died. He assures them that the Lord will return from heaven, along with a trumpet call. And when that happens, the dead in Christ will be raised, and those still alive will be caught up together with them.

You should include Matthew 24:29. It tells us when people will see Jesus coming in the clouds.

2 Thessalonians tells us the apostasy must come first and people will see the anti-christ before Jesus returns.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
How long until the rapture? This world is getting worse daily, pedophilia is acceptable, homosexuality is normal, interracial couples everywhere, politicians pushing for a world war, WE WONT WIN. I no longer have faith in man, my faith lies in the Lord Jesus Christ. If you are not a believer please take these end days, to accept him into your heart as your Lord and savior.

The Jesus I have a personal relationship will not be happy about your interracial comment. Better get that sorted out sooner rather than later.

Really? Read: Deuteronomy 7:3-4. Jesus tells us the same thing in the NT. I'll pray for you.

Please support your position from the New Testament.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ringman
Rock Chuck,

I LOVE JESUS!!!

You should include Matthew 24:29. It tells us when people will see Jesus coming in the clouds.

2 Thessalonians tells us the apostasy must come first and people will see the anti-christ before Jesus returns.

Matthew 24:29 refers to after the tribulation.

The rapture and the 2nd Advent are separate events, according to scripture.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by ingwe
How long until the rapture?

I was told by a true believer that it would be Jan.1,2000

I musta missed it....

I did lose my dog on that same day.

🤷🏽‍♀️🦫

One dog?
That was the whole rapture?
"All good dogs go to heaven", and it was just one?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Many days I wake up, look around and think that it may have already happened...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hopefully sooner than later.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by Ringman
Rock Chuck,

I LOVE JESUS!!!

Matthew 24:29 refers to after the tribulation.

The rapture and the 2nd Advent are separate events, according to scripture.

How do you leave verse 29 out of Jesus' conversation?

Verse 29 leads right into verse 30 and following.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
DugE has done a pretty good job in his first few posts on this thread. The rapture or whatever you want to call it is imminent. Are you ready to meet him in the air? How will your sins be purged according to the Bible?

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is no rapture. That's a modern day heresy. Everyone who is alive when the tribulation starts will have to take their turn at a bite or two out of the schitt sandwich being served.

Originally Posted by antlers
When Jesus was predicting the sacking and destruction of the Jewish Temple…and pretty much of Jerusalem itself…Matthew, Mark, and Luke all three record Jesus as saying that this generation will not pass away until all of these things take place. And we do know that on August 6 in 70 AD that the Romans pretty much annihilated Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple.

The historian Josephus saw it happen with his own eyes, and he gave a pretty bleak description of it in his work, ‘The Wars of the Jews or History of the Destruction of Jerusalem’. Book VII, Chapter 1.1

Is it possible that the this generation that Jesus referred to in each of the three Gospels listed above mean specifically the time period in which the above events clearly happened…?

Yes.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It might be a bit presumptuous to think you know "when", when Jesus doesn't.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know, and I don't feel the need to say one way or the other. What will happen is what's going to happen and I have to tend my own mitten til the end of my days. I'll know what I'm supposed to knowvwhen I am supposed to know it. That's good enough for me.

YMMV.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,272
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.