Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mart
That’s a pretty wide brush you paint with. I retired from corrections. I’ve known a lot of corrections officers and yes there are some bad ones. Largely they are good people doing a job most couldn’t do.

I think most who know me would say I was an ethical person. In my time in corrections I never did anything illegal or violated policy. Never took a cheap shot during a use of force or treated inmates, staff or visitors with anything but respect.

We could paint every profession with the same wide brush if we only looked at the unethical element within their ranks. But most people in any given profession are good people doing the job they’re paid to do. We only hear about or remember the bad ones.
I cannot imagine spending ones working life as a prison employee working directly with prisoners. It has got to be a bad job and someone has to do it but interacting with criminals for 30 years wouldn't be my cup of tea. Being a city cop or child protection officer would have to be pretty taxing on the nerves also.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB4

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
question is how many others are helping them

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by mart
That’s a pretty wide brush you paint with. I retired from corrections. I’ve known a lot of corrections officers and yes there are some bad ones. Largely they are good people doing a job most couldn’t do.

I think most who know me would say I was an ethical person. In my time in corrections I never did anything illegal or violated policy. Never took a cheap shot during a use of force or treated inmates, staff or visitors with anything but respect.

We could paint every profession with the same wide brush if we only looked at the unethical element within their ranks. But most people in any given profession are good people doing the job they’re paid to do. We only hear about or remember the bad ones.
I cannot imagine spending ones working life as a prison employee working directly with prisoners. It has got to be a bad job and someone has to do it but interacting with criminals for 30 years wouldn't be my cup of tea. Being a city cop or child protection officer would have to be pretty taxing on the nerves also.

23 years, your welcome. 😂😂👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My son-in-law was a corrections officer for a short time. His father, who retired from the system, pulled a few strings and got him hired- - - -nothing like a little nepotism, huh? It didn't last, mostly because the guy is a liar, a thief, and a raging alcoholic. Other than that, he's a pretty nice guy, I suppose!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Captain
6’-9”

My father was 6’ 9”. I, on the other hand, am 5’8”.

What a loser.

Someone offers a bit of information extremely germane to the issue and you treat him like this?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They might be headed for Zihuatenejo…ain’t that where escaped prisoners go! Just watch the southern border, they’ll be the only ones going the wrong way.🤔

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The escapee will what they call "use her up".

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to keep your head down at 6'9".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been a corrections officer for 29-1/2 years. I've seen women cross the line. I still can't fathom it.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Dog recommends checking AirBnBs and similar rental properties in a 3,000 mile radius to see who has made long-term bookings.

If you stick a pin in the middle of the state of Kansas and draw a circle with a 3000 mile radius (a 6000 mile diameter), that circle would cover all of the United States, most of Mexico, and the most of Canada--at least the part where most of the people live. So, Mr. Dog thinks that the authorities should check virtually every rental property in three countries? OK, I agree--if you do that, I think you'll find these people.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Waders

Dog recommends checking AirBnBs and similar rental properties in a 3,000 mile radius to see who has made long-term bookings.

If you stick a pin in the middle of the state of Kansas and draw a circle with a 3000 mile radius (a 6000 mile diameter), that circle would cover all of the United States, most of Mexico, and the most of Canada--at least the part where most of the people live. So, Mr. Dog thinks that the authorities should check virtually every rental property in three countries? OK, I agree--if you do that, I think you'll find these people.

It's a lot easier for Dog, when you realize he works out of Hawaii! grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by XBOLT51
question is how many others are helping them

I'd imagine that Souther Brotherhood organization Casey's affiliated with there at his prison might be setup to help prisoners and their loved ones once they are out of confinement.

Sounds like a righteous association of men anyway.

[Linked Image from al.com][Linked Image from adl.org]

Southern Brotherhood Motorcycle Club
This gang is a subgroup of the Southern Brotherhood, which is the largest white supremacist prison gang in Alabama. Formed in 1995, members hold their own events as well as attend biker rallies in Alabama. They also claim members in Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, Indiana and Texas.
LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The hottest car in America has been in the impound yard at the Williamson Co. Sheriff's Office for a week. Nobody noticed anything until last night.
Where is Barney Fife when you need him?

FLORENCE, Ala. — The conspicuous orange getaway car used by escaped convict Casey Cole White and former jail boss Vicky White was found at a Tennessee tow pound, the US Marshals Service confirmed.

The 2007 Ford Edge, which had been purchased by Vicky sometime before she and Casey allegedly fled the Lauderdale County jail last week, was tracked down at the tow pound by the US Marshals Service Friday, the agency said.

The car had been found locked and abandoned last Friday around 2 p.m., just hours after the pair fled, on a rural road in Bethesda, about two hours north of the jail, the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office in Tennessee and the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office in Alabama said.
Cops confirmed the car is the one White purchased.
WCSO Franklin TN
White purchased the car sometime before fleeing with Casey Cole.

Vicky White car
Around 11:30 p.m. Thursday, investigators got a tip that a car matching the description of the midsize SUV had been spotted at a tow pound in Williamson County, Tennessee.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office
It was found and picked up by a tow truck after someone called the Sheriff’s office to report it abandoned.

The car was later impounded and investigators didn’t get a tip that it was at the tow pound until late Thursday evening, the USMS said.

They probably be riding a Harley about now...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’d have to know:

A.) if he’s guilty and B.) if the person deserved to be killed.

Prob’ly some ex-girlfriends have it coming, but what I want to know is why he shot the dog, depending on the dog he could be a cold-blooded sumb$tch.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/who-is-casey-white-the-escaped-alabama-murder-suspect.amp

All of that could have been avoided had he just shot the jukebox instead.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Captain
6’-9”

My father was 6’ 9”. I, on the other hand, am 5’8”.

What a loser.

Someone offers a bit of information extremely germane to the issue and you treat him like this?

Yes.

He’s a loser.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Waders

I'm thinking Dog failed both math and geography. He's a snazzy dresser though!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Could be that love got him in there.....

....and love got him out...

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well …….unfortunately this happened in my hometown and at our local jail. What I’m hearing from all of the local chatter is that No one has a clue as to where the couple might be. After listening to people that knew the guard, they are more worried about her receiving her retirement!!! Really??? Just another day in Flotown I reckon.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 42 invisible), 2,083 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,992
Posts18,481,109
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.