Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I might be more inclined to believe in ghosts if every description of them didn't say what they were wearing.

I *might* be able to believe that a living being leaves an energy behind that can be observed,...but hats don't leave a ghost behind,...pants don't leave a ghost behind,...dresses don't leave a ghost behind,....boots don't leave a ghost behind.

Way I see it,...any ghost you encounter is gonna be nekkid,,....or it ain't a ghost.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I might be more inclined to believe in ghosts if every description of them didn't say what they were wearing.

I *might* be able to believe that a living being leaves an energy behind that can be observed,...but hats don't leave a ghost behind,...pants don't leave a ghost behind,...dresses don't leave a ghost behind,....boots don't leave a ghost behind.

Way I see it,...any ghost you encounter is gonna be nekkid,,....or it ain't a ghost.

Never thought of that but seems like it makes alot of sense!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I to this day have no idea if it was a ghost or what the hell it was but have had one weird "encounter"

Was probably 11 or so and was camping near the Gettysburg Battlefield with my scout troop. One day we went to an area of the battlefield called "Devils Den" basically an area of huge boulders all piled around. Myself and 2 friends were crawling amongst the rocks through what were almost tunnels and were in a dark open area that was completely under the rocks. We got disoriented and couldnt find the way we got into this area or a way out. We were beginning to panic a bit when we all heard a clear voice saying "come this way". Sounded like the voice of a male teenager. Went towards the voice and it led us to a "tunnel" that went to the outside of the rock jumble. The same voice was heard telling us to keep coming while we were in the exit "tunnel". When we exited our den leader and his wife were nearby and and when we told them we would've been stuck in there if not for the help from some person they said NO ONE had come out the tunnel before us and there was no one around whos voice would have matched what we heard!!!

Last edited by marktheshark; 05/15/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I know that ghosts are real. My girlfriend has a house in Atlanta that was built in 1939. First four or five times I spent the night in that house the ghosts just about ran me ragged.

My buddy was in medical school in Augusta Georgia at that time, he and his wife came over to spend the night. I told Dwight not to mess with the ghost. Told him not to say a thing, and the ghosts would let themselves be known. Dwight entered the living room and did the macho number. He said "Here I am ghost, show me what you got you badass!"

Macho man Dwight.

About 6:30 am the next morning, we heard the Nissan crank up, and Dwight and his wife were gone, without breakfast, or a word of goodbye. Hell I was still asleep. Dwight rolling down I20 back to Augusta. The ghosts had run Dwight out of the house.

I am not telling you that you must believe in ghosts. You believe what you want.

But I know that ghosts are real.

We have a house in our family like that, up in New York State, an old farmhouse that dates back to the mid-19th Century at least tho added on to over the years. It has run off a number of visitors, tho none have left without saying goodbye. When I stay there I sleep outside, its just easier.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
“My name is Legion, for we are many”

Never seen one, but I have felt their presence a few times. Once was my Great Great grandfather when I was a kid. I was in a fire. I woke to his voice urging me to do this and I was able to get out unharmed.

A friend of mine from PA, one of the soberest guys I know, has visited Gettysburg at night several times and speaks of floating orbs and regiments dressed in Colonial style garb to be seen on occasion.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by marktheshark
I to this day have no idea if it was a ghost or what the hell it was but have had one weird "encounter"

Was probably 11 or so and was camping near the Gettysburg Battlefield with my scout troop. One day we went to an area of the battlefield called "Devils Den" basically an area of huge boulders all piled around. Myself and 2 friends were crawling amongst the rocks through what were almost tunnels and were in a dark open area that was completely under the rocks. We got disoriented and couldnt find the way we got into this area or a way out. We were beginning to panic a bit when we all heard a clear voice saying "come this way". Sounded like the voice of a male teenager. Went towards the voice and it led us to a "tunnel" that went to the outside of the rock jumble. The same voice was heard telling us to keep coming while we were in the exit "tunnel". When we exited our den leader and his wife were nearby and and when we told them we would've been stuck in there if not for the help from some person they said NO ONE had come out the tunnel before us and there was no one around whos voice would have matched what we heard!!!

Had my kids at Gettysburg several years ago. While driving on the road down near Devils Den there was a huge black snake halfway across the road. I swerved around it and when I looked in my drivers side mirror the snake had it's head up probably 6 inches off the road looking at me. Freaked me out. Asked about it in one of the gift shops in town and they were all aware of the local snake.

I took many pictures also all around there with my digital camera. I was surprised by many orbs in the pics.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nope

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Maybe that's why some of them use bed sheets?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Same here

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LOL!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I Believe in The Holy Ghost.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

lol

TOGA TOGA TOGA!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible clearly states that there is no communication between the living and the dead. None. It also clearly states that demons are real. They're not dead people and have never been people. They're angels who rebelled against God and were thrown out of heaven along with their leader, Satan. They're very real and dangerous beyond imagination. People who get into seances and the like have no idea of the evil power they're messing with.
Eggzackly

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
No but I had some good watermelon today!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yes.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well......scary old Trump haunts the Lefties in their brain every day.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Never seen or “felt” anything I thought was a ghost, a presence, evil, ufo, alien, bigfoot, giant bird, extinct woodpecker, chupacabra, spirit ship, etc.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sure.

How could there not be ghosts?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe that demons and evil spirits exist, and I believe that we’re involved in a spiritual war for the soul of ourselves and our nation. This is as plain as the nose on your face. This country is under control of evil Influences and some very evil people.
I also believe in spiritual energy that can and does occasionally manifest itself into physical surroundings. Some people are able to pick up on this, but I think most people are not.
I myself have never had a ghostly experience, but Dad and his mother were both firm believers. Both have related stories to me, and many other friends and relatives as well. Too many for me to say that ghostly stuff doesn’t happen.
I don’t go in for seances, fortune telling or ouija boards. I believe that stuff opens up doors better left closed.
But I do believe that God will and does allow a certain amount of “messages” to be passed by deceased family members to comfort their survivors.
A while back we had a thread about near death experiences and seeing loved ones who had passed on. I completely believe that a Loving God would allow us a guide that we know and trust to help us through rough times and scary experiences.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I believe that we’re involved in a spiritual war for the soul of ourselves and our nation. This is as plain as the nose on your face.
7mm

I see that also. Romans 1 starting at chapter 18 sounds like today's news.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 222Sako, 52 invisible), 18,588 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,945
Posts18,539,352
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.