Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
Disgusting pukes. No better than poachers or gang bangers.
It shows how weak the human mind is for many. That gang mentality whereas someone hates cyclist for some reason (who knows why... because they are fat slobs and cyclists are are doing something they enjoy to stay in shape?), but it is a pitiful example of feeble mindedness and low I.Q.
I am not a road cyclist but mountain bike on occasion. Never understood the redneck mentality of hating cyclists.
People who throw trash out on the ground are no better.
Dont hate anyone who bikes. My family and i do at times, in the woods. Not on a f u c king road tying up traffic though. Clowns should be arrested or allowed to be beaten

There was no traffic "tied up" in the making of this video, although I have a hunch that the idiots in the car were the kind that would brag to the entire trailerhood that they threw schidt at spandex clad ffaaggs holding up traffic.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I hate to see people litter.

Something biodegradable and heavier would have worked better for the intended purpose.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100
Not defending the people throwing trash but mixing automobiles and bicycles is a bad idea. Tucson considers itself bicycle friendly and has bicycle lanes. There are accidents at least once a week and the automobile always wins. Don't know the answer.

Serious question, what makes it a bad idea in your mind?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Do these cyclists that occupy tax payer funded road ways, pay vehicle taxes and use taxes, or are they getting a free ride, no pun intended.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I only throw biodegradable trash at bicyclists. 12-16" scrap 2x4's seem about ideal to me. And being a contractor I can always claim they flew off my truck while I was going down the road.

Which is nice.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Do these cyclists that occupy tax payer funded road ways, pay vehicle taxes and use taxes, or are they getting a free ride, no pun intended.

They pay tax when they buy their bikes. The tax on gasoline falls way short of being able to fully fund state and federal roadways. General fund moneys that ALL taxpayers kick into are used to build and fund federal and state roadways. Property taxes and ad valorem taxes are the primary source of funding for county and local roads. Moreover, most cyclists do have motor vehicles and pay gas tax when they put fuel in those motor vehicles.

Interestingly Steve, I have never paid a penny for your local streets, so if I were to drive on them, your local bicyclists would have more of a "right" to them than I would.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Now, let me ask you this question. Given the complete lack of other motor vehicle traffic and the fact that they would have to move at least partially into left lane anyway, why does it matter that the cyclists were side by side?

Because the closing distance at speed with oncoming traffic or motorcycles is 2X. Side by side bikes in the on coming lane is a fiasco waiting to happen.

You statement was about zero oncoming traffic (per the video)... this is very rare in most places... and many many roads are not so idealistic nor straight.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
Not excusing the trash, but why are the bicyclists riding abreast taking up a whole lane?
Cuz they are ass-holes.

Because they can. In Iowa a bicycle is considered a motor vehicle on a public street. I'm not telling you it's safe, I'm just saying they can. Consider it a farm tractor which does basically the same thing. Bicycle riders have rights too. This is one of them. They are also required to follow all traffic rules as well like stop signs and traffic lights. Just like a tractor.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Furthermore... I will ALWAYS be extremely rude to side by side bicyclists.

I consider it my duty... a kindness if you will... to keep y'all safe.

You are welcome.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The tax on gasoline falls way short of being able to fully fund state end federal roadways.

I don't know if it falls short or the money is poorly managed the government.

CDOT is notorious for mismanagement of tax money, seems they are always getting a new fleet of vehicles or more upper management. Now they are mandated to go to zero emmision vehicles by the State. Plus the new "fee" the State added to fuel prices is solely to add infrastructure (charging stations) for EV vehicles.

Hell by 2022 we may all be riding bicycles.

Last edited by taylorce1; 05/22/22.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The worst offenders that I've seen have been so-called "Century Rides" where some group sets out a 100 mile course and lot of bicycle riders show up. The bicycle riders typically ride across both lanes of 2-lane rural roads and make little effort to yield to motor vehicles. I complained to the Saunders County Sheriff several years ago and he stopped issuing permits after several other people also complained about the bicycle riders riding 8 to 10 abreast, effectively blocking traffic.

I wouldn't want to see a bicycle rider get injured or killed, but I can see how it could easily happen if they don't ride single file.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul,

I live on a country road that is on a hill that has a state park look out at the top. It is on the edge of wine country outside the Portland metro area. We get LOTS of bicyclists. LOTS. LOOOOOOOTS.

So I understand the logic that cyclists try use to justify the whole abreast issue. Frankly, it's just sophistry.

Most of them that I encounter are courteous and are single file. I try to be courteous as well.

However there is a significant minority of them that are arrogant pricks. You know that as well. I've been flipped off more than once because I come upon them a 55+ while they are climbing the hill at 5mph scattered all over the lane, chumming it up with their fellow bikers, and passed them in the on-coming lane. I'd love to confront them, but usually I'm carrying and I don't want to get into a situation. Or they are zooming down the road at 40+ in blind curves and almost hit me pulling out of my drive. And be sure that I'm REAL cautious pulling out of the drive.

Cyclists NEED to understand physics. The also they need to call out their own when they are doing stupid and arrogant stuff. Not just blame the automobile driver.

And the laws need to be changed to reflect physics.

Cyclists should also have to pay a road-mile tax to support the roads. Their logic that, "We already pay taxes" is stupid and is reflected in the abreast in the lane logic as well. Sorry, got me riled.

BTW why is it that a slow moving farm vehicle is required to display on of the triangle devices while road driving, but not bikes?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by taylorce1
The tax on gasoline falls way short of being able to fully fund state end federal roadways.

I don't know if it falls short or the money is poorly managed the government.

CDOT is notorious for mismanagement of tax money, seems they are always getting a new fleet of vehicles or more upper management. Now they are mandated to go to zero emmision vehicles by the State. Plus the new "fee" the State added to fuel prices is solely to add infrastructure (charging stations) for EV vehicles.

The point was that the cyclists do pay for the roads.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interestingly Steve, I have never paid a penny for your local streets, so if I were to drive on them, your local bicyclists would have more of a "right" to them than I would.

You did if you bought fuel.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

They pay tax when they buy their bikes. The tax on gasoline falls way short of being able to fully fund state and federal roadways. General fund moneys that ALL taxpayers kick into are used to build and fund federal and state roadways. Property taxes and ad valorem taxes are the primary source of funding for county and local roads. Moreover, most cyclists do have motor vehicles and pay gas tax when they put fuel in those motor vehicles.

So that’s a “no”.

They use public roadways payed for with Federal excise tax dollars, vehicle licenses and registration fees and fuel tax.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul,

I live on a country road that is on a hill that has a state park look out at the top. It is on the edge of wine country outside the Portland metro area. We get LOTS of bicyclists. LOTS. LOOOOOOOTS.

So I understand the logic that cyclists try use to justify the whole abreast issue. Frankly, it's just sophistry.

Most of them that I encounter are courteous and are single file. I try to be courteous as well.

However there is a significant minority of them that are arrogant pricks. You know that as well. I've been flipped off more than once because I come upon them a 55+ while they are climbing the hill at 5mph scattered all over the lane, chumming it up with their fellow bikers, and passed them in the on-coming lane. I'd love to confront them, but usually I'm carrying and I don't want to get into a situation. Or they are zooming down the road at 40+ in blind curves and almost hit me pulling out of my drive. And be sure that I'm REAL cautious pulling out of the drive.

Cyclists NEED to understand physics. The also they need to call out their own when they are doing stupid and arrogant stuff. Not just blame the automobile driver.

Cyclists should also have to pay a road-mile tax to support the roads. Their logic that, "We already pay taxes" is stupid and is reflected in the abreast in the lane logic as well. Sorry, got me riled.

BTW why is it that a slow moving farm vehicle is required to display on of the triangle devices while road driving, but not bikes?

Another reason that cyclists ride two abreast is to make themselves more visible. Given that nearly every motorist that mows down a cyclist from behind says "I didn't see them," riding side by side gives the idiot motorist a more to see. That and the fact that on narrow roads vehicles passing cyclists on narrow roads will spend less time in the oncoming lane if cyclists are riding abreast is NOT sophistry. It's a simple reality.

Why would you come up on them at 55MPH? How do you know they flipped you off?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Humm, arguing over who owns the road...reminds me of sumtin.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Paul,

Another reason that cyclists ride two abreast is to make themselves more visible. Given that nearly every motorist that mows down a cyclist from behind says "I didn't see them," riding side by side gives the idiot motorist a more to see. That and the fact that on narrow roads vehicles passing cyclists on narrow roads will spend less time in the oncoming lane if cyclists are riding abreast is NOT sophistry. It's a simple reality.

?

Bull Schit,

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

So that’s a “no”.

They use public roadways payed for with Federal excise tax dollars, vehicle licenses and registration fees and fuel tax.

The taxes that they pay that go into the general fund, pay for the construction and maintenance of federal and state roadways. How is that difficult to comprehend? The money they pay in property taxes and sales taxes funds county an municipality roadways. How in the piss that equals "they don't pay taxes" is a mystery.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul,

?

Bull Schit,

Which part is bullschidt?

Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.