Hop To
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 45_100
Not defending the people throwing trash but mixing automobiles and bicycles is a bad idea. Tucson considers itself bicycle friendly and has bicycle lanes. There are accidents at least once a week and the automobile always wins. Don't know the answer.

Serious question, what makes it a bad idea in your mind?
Tucson is indeed a bike friendly town with lots of bikes on the roads as well as non motorized bike trails, but if you watch the local news it's rare for a week to go by without at least one bicyclist fatality.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Not defending the people throwing trash but mixing automobiles and bicycles is a bad idea. Tucson considers itself bicycle friendly and has bicycle lanes. There are accidents at least once a week and the automobile always wins. Don't know the answer.

Tucson is indeed a bike friendly town with lots of bikes on the roads as well as non motorized bike trails, but if you watch the local news it's rare for a week to go by without at least one bicyclist fatality.

I'd be very surprised if Tuscon averaged one a month.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Litterbugs should be gravely punished .... especially the ones that do it intentionally.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This was probably fun up until they learned that the cyclists had video cameras.

Azzhole cyclist around here needs more thrown at them than trash, more like bricks

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That camera runs full time because the f a g using it knows his actions elicit negative responses from motorists.

Somebody tossed a crumpled empty bag and empty Dasani bottle his way for some humor.

Zippity-fugkin-do-dah.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
That camera runs full time because the f a g using it knows his actions elicit illegal actions from motorists with a low emotional IQ.

Yep.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Cyclists can come up with all kind of rules, rights , etc for their actions on the highways.

However, cyclists are by far ,too stupid to stay out of harms way.

Riding out of single file on any road is looking for a run on with vehicle traffic.

Instead of throwing garbage .....a large industrial broom should be used for keeping cyclists in line.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steveredd1
This was probably fun up until they learned that the cyclists had video cameras.

Azzhole cyclist around here needs more thrown at them than trash, more like bricks

What is the longest you have ever been held up by a cyclist? How often are you held up by cyclists?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cisco1
Cyclists can come up with all kind of rules, rights , etc for their actions on the highways.

However, cyclists are by far ,too stupid to stay out of harms way.

Riding out of single file on any road is looking for a run on with vehicle traffic.

Instead of throwing garbage .....a large industrial broom should be used for keeping cyclists in line.

If you don't mind humoring me, describe in as much detail as you can how the motorist in this case would have benefited if the cyclists were in single file? This should be good. FWIW, I bat 1000 with this question eliciting a dumbazz response.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Looks like you're right, but...
https://www.kold.com/story/37063929/cyclists-react-as-tucson-rated-2nd-deadliest-city-in-us/

Last edited by Moto_Vita; 05/22/22.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
had one run a stop sign into the side of my truck, tried to convince the cop I was at fault, told the cop he didn't run a stop sign. it was fun seeing him go over the top of my box to bad I dint have a cap on.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

https://www.kold.com/story/37063929/cyclists-react-as-tucson-rated-2nd-deadliest-city-in-us/

Four in the year 2016 and one in 2017. Did I read that correctly?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Steve
Paul,

I live on a country road that is on a hill that has a state park look out at the top. It is on the edge of wine country outside the Portland metro area. We get LOTS of bicyclists. LOTS. LOOOOOOOTS.

So I understand the logic that cyclists try use to justify the whole abreast issue. Frankly, it's just sophistry.

Most of them that I encounter are courteous and are single file. I try to be courteous as well.

However there is a significant minority of them that are arrogant pricks. You know that as well. I've been flipped off more than once because I come upon them a 55+ while they are climbing the hill at 5mph scattered all over the lane, chumming it up with their fellow bikers, and passed them in the on-coming lane. I'd love to confront them, but usually I'm carrying and I don't want to get into a situation. Or they are zooming down the road at 40+ in blind curves and almost hit me pulling out of my drive. And be sure that I'm REAL cautious pulling out of the drive.

Cyclists NEED to understand physics. The also they need to call out their own when they are doing stupid and arrogant stuff. Not just blame the automobile driver.

And the laws need to be changed to reflect physics.

Cyclists should also have to pay a road-mile tax to support the roads. Their logic that, "We already pay taxes" is stupid and is reflected in the abreast in the lane logic as well. Sorry, got me riled.

BTW why is it that a slow moving farm vehicle is required to display on of the triangle devices while road driving, but not bikes?

LIKE .

Along Hwy.79 Panama City Beach, Fl. there's a bike road 30-40' off to the side of the northbound lane. It's at least 10-12' wide, has enlarged rest stop spots with seats and shade, yet there they are riding on Hwy. 79 . The bike road is in far better shape than the highway road.
As you say there's a significant minority [plenty] of arrogant punks who enjoy being arrogant punks.

I ride a bike a lot for exercise, ride it around the outer perimeter of a retail strip-mall thingy place and on the road behind the place. If a car is coming I get on the sidewalk, maybe I'll get a 6.5 Creedmire and join a roadwarrior bike riding group, live to ride- ride to live bichez.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Say what you want about bikers on roads. I don't do it and I've had a few choice words for those that have slowed up traffic but it's what you call a first world problem if you're delayed a minute here and there.

I don't understand anyone throwing stuff at them, seems like a very low level of impulse control.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steveredd1
had one run a stop sign into the side of my truck, tried to convince the cop I was at fault, told the cop he didn't run a stop sign. it was fun seeing him go over the top of my box to bad I dint have a cap on.

I am not sure what your point is. There are millions of motor vehicle collisions in the USA each year in which one operator failed to yield right of way. There's lots to celebrate there right?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

We’re those litterers cited after recording plates and trash throwers?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
50 zillion crossing the border, runaway inflation and gasoline prices, and this is our concern.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Along Hwy.79 Panama City Beach, Fl. there's a bike road 30-40' off to the side of the northbound lane. It's at least 10-12' wide, has enlarged rest stop spots with seats and shade, yet there they are riding on Hwy. 79 . The bike road is in far better shape than the highway road.
As you say there's a significant minority [plenty] of arrogant punks who enjoy being arrogant punks.

I ride a bike a lot for exercise, ride it around the outer perimeter of a retail strip-mall thingy place and on the road behind the place. If a car is coming I get on the sidewalk, maybe I'll get a 6.5 Creedmire and join a roadwarrior bike riding group, live to ride- ride to live bichez.

I have seen those bike paths and am envious. I would never ride on the main road with that kind of infrastructure available. With that said, as a motorist I doubt seriously that having to negotiate bicyclists on the highway would inconvenience me more than other motorists would on the same trip, and would certainly pose less of a risk than other motorists.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chumming the waters again, eh Paul?

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.