Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Say what you want about bikers on roads. I don't do it and I've had a few choice words for those that have slowed up traffic but it's what you call a first world problem if you're delayed a minute here and there.

I don't understand anyone throwing stuff at them, seems like a very low level of impulse control.
Exactly. So much for conservatives espousing freedom.

Hell, I have a way bigger beef with the giant, ¼-½ mile long groups of attitude-toting Harley riders who clog up the roads doing 53 miles. Try passing those azzholes and they'll try ripping you out of your vehicle and beating your ass for disrespecting them.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It boils down real simple: Ignorant rednecks too fat and lazy to ride a bike hate those that do. But also, arrogant bike riders who want to hog the whole road do not help their cause, and arrogance is just another form of stupidity. So therefore they clash.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CashisKing
i remember that movie .was about 14 when it came out in 1977 .scared the crap out of me when i saw a big black car after that

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In Austin, cyclists shoot other cyclists!

https://www.fox7austin.com/sports/moriah-wilson-murder-kaitlin-armstrong-east-austin-texas

Looks more like a targeted hit though.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
This was probably fun up until they learned that the cyclists had video cameras.

We’re those litterers cited after recording plates and trash throwers?

I don't know. The footage has been turned over to LE. I suspect they'll get hit with littering charges and for Interestingly and ironically, they will likely suffer greater legal harm from this than they would have if they had run over the cyclists.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Steve
Paul,

I live on a country road that is on a hill that has a state park look out at the top. It is on the edge of wine country outside the Portland metro area. We get LOTS of bicyclists. LOTS. LOOOOOOOTS.

So I understand the logic that cyclists try use to justify the whole abreast issue. Frankly, it's just sophistry.

Most of them that I encounter are courteous and are single file. I try to be courteous as well.

However there is a significant minority of them that are arrogant pricks. You know that as well. I've been flipped off more than once because I come upon them a 55+ while they are climbing the hill at 5mph scattered all over the lane, chumming it up with their fellow bikers, and passed them in the on-coming lane. I'd love to confront them, but usually I'm carrying and I don't want to get into a situation. Or they are zooming down the road at 40+ in blind curves and almost hit me pulling out of my drive. And be sure that I'm REAL cautious pulling out of the drive.

Cyclists NEED to understand physics. The also they need to call out their own when they are doing stupid and arrogant stuff. Not just blame the automobile driver.

And the laws need to be changed to reflect physics.

Cyclists should also have to pay a road-mile tax to support the roads. Their logic that, "We already pay taxes" is stupid and is reflected in the abreast in the lane logic as well. Sorry, got me riled.

BTW why is it that a slow moving farm vehicle is required to display on of the triangle devices while road driving, but not bikes?

LIKE .

Along Hwy.79 Panama City Beach, Fl. there's a bike road 30-40' off to the side of the northbound lane. It's at least 10-12' wide, has enlarged rest stop spots with seats and shade, yet there they are riding on Hwy. 79 . The bike road is in far better shape than the highway road.
As you say there's a significant minority [plenty] of arrogant punks who enjoy being arrogant punks.

I ride a bike a lot for exercise, ride it around the outer perimeter of a retail strip-mall thingy place and on the road behind the place. If a car is coming I get on the sidewalk, maybe I'll get a 6.5 Creedmire and join a roadwarrior bike riding group, live to ride- ride to live bichez.

bring a 6.5 Creedmoor to a truck fight, tell be about the outcome

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There were no cars "held up" in the making of this video.

And the bicyclists are perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't know. The footage has been turned over to LE. I suspect they'll get hit with littering charges and for Interestingly and ironically, they will likely suffer greater legal harm from this than they would have if they had run over the cyclists.

I'm sure it's a top priority.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

I think it was racist

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Chumming the waters again, eh Paul?

Lol

🦫

I figure it's therapeutic for those who have lycraphobia. I realize it's a stretch, but maybe, just maybe, someone will learn a little about how roads are funded, what the laws are, why cyclists might do what they do etc.

But there's dipschidts like AggrievedSteve90210, when you spell out exactly how cyclist do pay for roads, you get a "nuh uh." Some people are irremediably dumb.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by steveredd1

LOL

I think it was racist

Now we are getting somewhere. Perhaps a new 'protected class' should be assigned?

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I live in a place with a billion bicyclists. Most of the riders you encounter out of town know what they are doing, most of the in town riders are college students and they far more likely to be an idiot and not follow any of the laws, rules and common courtesies. Either way, most people around here are used to dealing with cyclists and it's not a big deal to give them their share of the road.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

LOL

lololol. Cops probably told them to run over the cyclists next time and there won't be nearly the hassle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most people don’t like road bikers because they have encountered them before.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Lol

🦫

I figure it's therapeutic for those who have lycraphobia. I realize it's a stretch, but maybe, just maybe, someone will learn a little about how roads are funded, what the laws are, why cyclists might do what they do etc.

But there's dipschidts like AggrievedSteve90210, when you spell out exactly how cyclist do pay for roads, you get a "nuh uh." Some people are irremediably dumb.
You have peeked my curiosity. Just how do you think bicyles help fund highways!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Say what you want about bikers on roads. I don't do it and I've had a few choice words for those that have slowed up traffic but it's what you call a first world problem if you're delayed a minute here and there.

I don't understand anyone throwing stuff at them, seems like a very low level of impulse control.

This strikes at the heart of it. People's indignation over the presence of cyclists is far out of proportion to any inconvenience they might suffer.

I could drive from here to a place I often go about 10 miles away. There is a 90% chance I'll miss at least one light cycle on account of a motorist who was dicking with their phone or otherwise didn't go when the light turned green. There's a 90% chance that a motorist will drift out of lane while in my field of view and about a 10% chance one will drift into my lane when I am beside them. There's about a 97.24% chance that a slow moving motorist in the left lane of the interstate will force cars to pass to their right. There's about a 5% chance I'll encounter a bicyclist and a very slim chance I'll have to do anything more than move over to go around them.

But spandex!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Exactly. So much for conservatives espousing freedom.

Hell, I have a way bigger beef with the giant, ¼-½ mile long groups of attitude-toting Harley riders who clog up the roads doing 53 miles. Try passing those azzholes and they'll try ripping you out of your vehicle and beating your ass for disrespecting them.

This is a freedom loving group until a bicyclists is involved. Then they scream for more taxes, more government and less freedom. I have always found that amusing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
we have a bike lane on the back road that goes past my sub-division to the stop light at the 4 lane main road .Bicyclist instead of riding in the bike lane willl ride right on the white line forcing cars to be closer to them, because they cant get over when car comes from opposite direction,.cyclist get mad and yell things ,idiots ,when they get to the red light ,if nobody coming cyclist will ride thru the red light while we sit there ,but cyclist are supposed to fallow the same laws we do .So their fussing at car drivers ,about slights ,but they purposly bring a lot of it on their selves

Last edited by rem shooter; 05/22/22.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heym06

Lol

🦫

You have peeked my curiosity. Just how do you think bicyles help fund highways!

Read the thread. I have explained twice.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve
Not excusing the trash, but why are the bicyclists riding abreast taking up a whole lane?
No schidt...
MI laws dictate that they must be as far right on the road as possible, can ride only two abreast. Vehicles have to give them a 3' clearance when overtaking riders.

I called out the fūcktard on fakebook who organizes these rides and mentioned they should try to follow state laws regarding riding bikes on roads, he claimed that he briefs all riders before they start a ride. Ya, okay. You can see how well THAT works...
And they're supposed to obey all traffic signs INCLUDING STOP SIGNS. 🤣

Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (1eyedmule, 44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 11 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,766
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.