Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 27 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 26 27
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steve
Not excusing the trash, but why are the bicyclists riding abreast taking up a whole lane?

Just like here in Oregon, where they just flash thru a stop sign and then are shocked when they get hit...

they are democRats and think they are saving the planet and being green, therefore nothing ( include common sense) means anything to them
because they think they are a privileged class...

all I know is if a 200 lb lefty on a 50 pound bike doing 10 mph, pulls right out in front of a 5000 pound pickup doing 10 mph, I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a physicist to figure out what the outcome of that is going to be....

I respect cyclists and yield the right of way to them.. occasionally I go out and ride a bike.... but they also need to put a little common sense into the mix... they pull out in front of a vehicle, its their fault, not the driver of the vehicle...spend the rest of their life in a wheel chair, doesn't really matter how big of an insurance settlement the court awards them....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Chumming the waters again, eh Paul?

Lol

🦫

I figure it's therapeutic for those who have lycraphobia. I realize it's a stretch,
I can't believe you got away with that one.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul, because the speed limit and normal traffic speed is 55. I also have a rear view mirror.

Why don't you lift off the gas as you approach them so that you don't run up on them with as much speed disparity. I have rear view mirrors too, but I don't normally look in them after I pass other vehicles. Unless maybe it's a good looking gal on a bicycle.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/22/22.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have seen those bike paths and am envious. I would never ride on the main road with that kind of infrastructure available.

And yet you are unwilling to tax cyclists to pay for it.

Tell me how those parallel paths are funded.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have seen those bike paths and am envious. I would never ride on the main road with that kind of infrastructure available.

Here in Oregon they are funded through transportation funds (i.e., gas taxes).

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cisco1
Paul,
To answer your question , the cyclists should ride single file to use as little road as possible for the cyclists safety, as well as keeping a motorist from having to deal with an accident , caused by cyclists with an attitude.

As far as batting 1000, you will have a dumbazz response.

I am a mouth breathing idiot with a low emotional IQ, got it???????

Yep. Still batting 1000.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul, because the speed limit and normal traffic speed is 55. I also have a rear view mirror.

Why don't you lift off the gas as you approach them so that you don't run up on them with as much speed disparity. I have rear view mirrors too, but I don't normally look in them after I pass other vehicles. Unless maybe it's a good looking gal on a bicycle.

Don't be obtuse.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
Originally Posted by cuznguido
It boils down real simple: Ignorant rednecks too fat and lazy to ride a bike hate those that do.

The typical rager is a middle aged, out of shape, poorly educated, white male.

Now do typical cyclist.

There is no typical cyclist. Within the different cycling disciplines, there are some commonalities. The bike messenger discipline is full of riders who typically give zero schidts about any law or anyone else.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
Originally Posted by cuznguido
It boils down real simple: Ignorant rednecks too fat and lazy to ride a bike hate those that do.

The typical rager is a middle aged, out of shape, poorly educated, white male.

Now do typical cyclist.

There is no typical cyclist. Within the different cycling disciplines, there are some commonalities. The bike messenger discipline is full of riders who typically give zero schidts about any law or anyone else.

Typical cyclist ‘ I am more nuanced and superior’ answer. Thank you.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
that they usually don't follow any traffic laws/signals and they're just a flat out nuisance. .

Tell me about the time you were most inconvenienced by a bicyclist or bicyclists.

Most road users break the law on a regular basis.

https://bicyclecoalition.org/study-shows-cyclists-motorists-break-law-rate-anti-cyclist-angst/

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
PaulBarnard: After enduring 29 years of law enforcement duties which included countless "vehicles vs. bicycles" accidents (and tending to the resulting horrific injuries!) investigations I long ago came to the conclusion that bicycles have NO place what so ever on public highways and freeways!
PERIOD!
This is not "rage" it is common sense and based on concern for the safety of my fellow humans!
Having said that some bicycling on streets and county dirt roads should be tolerated where safety is good (wide shoulders, low speed limits etc) and I fully endorse the building of bicycle paved trails and exercise areas.
Speaking of exercising "I" invite to you come stay at my home and participate in one of the most beautiful bicycle charity events on earth!
I have enclosed a link to this annual event that starts and finishes in my hometown (Dillon, Montana) and is called "The R.A.T.P.O.D. Race" (Ride Around The Pioneers in One Day).
It is a 131 mile endurance race that starts here at an elevation of 5,100' and climbs up and over two mountain passes (elevations of 6,760' and 7,400'!) and travels around the Pioneer Range of the Rocky Mountains!
This race is so popular amongst "bicycle types" that they no longer advertise for it, as they always have more applicants than the public safety officers here in our county allow to be in the "race".
Be sure and scroll down and look at the beautiful vistas you will be bicycling by as you SUFFER along.
Let me know if you will be attending and I will be your "host" and I will be there at the finish line taking your picture as you barf and gasp for air.

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/Ratpod-Ride-Around-The-Pioneers-in-One-Day-139754979414273/

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks for the offer, but I am not in any kind of condition to tackle that kind of ride.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Chumming the waters again, eh Paul?

Lol

🦫

I figure it's therapeutic for those who have lycraphobia. I realize it's a stretch,
I can't believe you got away with that one.

I as wondering how long it would take.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Here in Oregon they are funded through transportation funds (i.e., gas taxes).

No general fund money, property tax money, ad valorem money etc? Any time I have bothered with digging into the funding of bicycle infrastructure, I have found that it comes from multiple sources.

Edit to add. https://www.oregon.gov/lcd/Publications/WalkBikeFunding.pdf

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/22/22.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bikers could ride around these huge school parking lots, on
week-ends when nobody is there. grin

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
that they usually don't follow any traffic laws/signals and they're just a flat out nuisance. .

Tell me about the time you were most inconvenienced by a bicyclist or bicyclists.

https://bicyclecoalition.org/study-shows-cyclists-motorists-break-law-rate-anti-cyclist-angst/
If I have to let off of the accelerator pedal, bump my steering wheel a quarter inch to the left and acknowledge some guy on a bicycle, it pisses me off. I dont like being inconvenienced and especially not by stupid people that are going a fifth of the posted speed limit.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If I have to let off of the accelerator pedal, bump my steering wheel a quarter inch to the left and acknowledge some guy on a bicycle, it pisses me off. I dont like being inconvenienced and especially not by stupid people that are going a fifth of the posted speed limit.

I do applaud you for owning your emotional midgetry. I am going to guess white, middle aged, poorly educated, out of shape, white male.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Backroads
Most people don’t like road bikers because they have encountered them before.

A very fair assessment.

Generally... bike folks are fairly reasonable and receive in kind consideration from most.

Dickheads like these bike guys knew EXACTLY what they were doing. In the same way BLM knows EXACTLY what it is doing when it walks in the highway.

Paul can "soft shoe" this chit until the cows come home, but it will not change the facts...

Dickheads provoke chit deliberately...

Whine like bitches when they don't get what they want...

And George Floyd was stoned out of his mind... resisted arrest with great physicality... and died because of that decision accordingly.

So be it...

Ride your bike any way you see fit... wear pink silky yoga pants if ya want.

Your life... Your decisions!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You'd really hate it up here in Northern Michigan when all the tourists show up every summer and forget how to drive and where they're going.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin

You'd really hate it up here in Northern Michigan when all the tourists show up every summer and forget how to drive and where they're going.

But Spandex, and he saw a cyclist "blow through" a stop sign one time.

Page 6 of 27 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.