Hop To
Page 7 of 27 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
If I have to let off of the accelerator pedal, bump my steering wheel a quarter inch to the left and acknowledge some guy on a bicycle, it pisses me off. I dont like being inconvenienced and especially not by stupid people that are going a fifth of the posted speed limit.

I do applaud you for owning your emotional midgetry. I am going to guess white, middle aged, poorly educated, out of shape, white male.
Nope, you're wrong on nearly all of those. I admit that I do lack empathy for anything other than children or animals and despise sharing my world with those that I deem unworthy of it. And that would be adults that I don't know. I don't know their dreams, aspirations or anything therefore they are nothing to me but an inconvenience, extra time in traffic, a longer wait in the line at the store, some yahoo turning left when I need to go straight.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I honestly don't care if they're allowed to use the road. I hate them. I hate everything about them, that they impede traffic, the gay looking spandex, helmets and shoes, that they usually don't follow any traffic laws/signals and they're just a flat out nuisance. Even God hates bicyclists.

That don't follow the traffic laws is gospel

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 007FJ
I honestly don't care if they're allowed to use the road. I hate them. I hate everything about them, that they impede traffic, the gay looking spandex, helmets and shoes, that they usually don't follow any traffic laws/signals and they're just a flat out nuisance. Even God hates bicyclists.

That don't follow the traffic laws is gospel

For ALL road users at an equal rate. https://bicyclecoalition.org/study-shows-cyclists-motorists-break-law-rate-anti-cyclist-angst/

The only difference is that when cyclists break the law they pose a much lower risk to other road users.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If I have to let off of the accelerator pedal, bump my steering wheel a quarter inch to the left and acknowledge some guy on a bicycle, it pisses me off. I dont like being inconvenienced and especially not by stupid people that are going a fifth of the posted speed limit.

I do applaud you for owning your emotional midgetry. I am going to guess white, middle aged, poorly educated, out of shape, white male.
Nope, you're wrong on nearly all of those. I admit that I do lack empathy for anything other than children or animals and despise sharing my world with those that I deem unworthy of it. And that would be adults that I don't know. I don't know their dreams, aspirations or anything therefore they are nothing to me but an inconvenience, extra time in traffic, a longer wait in the line at the store, some yahoo turning left when I need to go straight.

It's painfully obvious that I was spot on with the emotional intelligence deficit. You are a male, you are white. That leaves middle aged, poorly educated and out of shape. Not between 45-65? In good physical shape? If so give me an example of how you think you are in good physical shape. If I am wrong on the well educated, I get that. There are a lot of very well educated liberals that are dumber than a basket full of vibrators.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm sure glad the pedal biker in the vid survived. That was a harrowing experience they can tell their grandchildren? And even on video, that's amazing.

MAGA
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
On track to become the second greatest attention whore thread of all time! (Apologies to safariman)

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'm sure glad the pedal biker in the vid survived. That was a harrowing experience they can tell their grandchildren? And even on video, that's amazing.

It would suit me well if LE would give the driver and passenger 2 choices. Clean up trash along that roadway one day a week for a year or to be dropped off in a remote location with the group of cyclists with a promise of no repercussions for anyone. Something tells me they'd bail quickly on their bully mentality.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
On track to become the second greatest attention whore thread of all time! (Apologies to safariman)

Great post.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

A paper bag and empty Dasani bottle.

LOL

“I’m posting THIS!!!!”

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by smokepole
Say what you want about bikers on roads. I don't do it and I've had a few choice words for those that have slowed up traffic but it's what you call a first world problem if you're delayed a minute here and there.

I don't understand anyone throwing stuff at them, seems like a very low level of impulse control.

This strikes at the heart of it. People's indignation over the presence of cyclists is far out of proportion to any inconvenience they might suffer.

I could drive from here to a place I often go about 10 miles away. There is a 90% chance I'll miss at least one light cycle on account of a motorist who was dicking with their phone or otherwise didn't go when the light turned green. There's a 90% chance that a motorist will drift out of lane while in my field of view and about a 10% chance one will drift into my lane when I am beside them. There's about a 97.24% chance that a slow moving motorist in the left lane of the interstate will force cars to pass to their right. There's about a 5% chance I'll encounter a bicyclist and a very slim chance I'll have to do anything more than move over to go around them.

But spandex!

Exactly. Spandex really pisses me off. On a man, LOL!!

that's for gay people

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

It's painfully obvious that I was spot on with the emotional intelligence deficit. You are a male, you are white. That leaves middle aged, poorly educated and out of shape. Not between 45-65? In good physical shape? If so give me an example of how you think you are in good physical shape. If I am wrong on the well educated, I get that. There are a lot of very well educated liberals that are dumber than a basket full of vibrators.
The only part you got correct is that im a white male. Theres no reason to delve into the rest as I'm surely not a liberal. I am an [bleep], admittedly and you seem to be bent out of shape that I'm an honest [bleep]. I don't like bicyclists, whether or not my reasoning is unreasonable or not is moot. I wouldn't throw anything at them but they do get on my nerves for the reasons that I listed. I also hate the d!cks that stand at the gas station buying scratch offs in complete oblivion to the line of irritated people forming behind them. Again. Inconvenience.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

It would suit me well if LE would give the driver and passenger 2 choices. Clean up trash along that roadway one day a week for a year or to be dropped off in a remote location with the group of cyclists with a promise of no repercussions for anyone. Something tells me they'd bail quickly on their bully mentality.

I'm not defending or sympathetic with littering (unless you're on a reservation, then it's mandatory). Nor am I defending picking on fàggots. I just don't see the crisis. If the girls on the bikes get the folks in the car to catch a littering citation that's reasonable. If they claim some kind of assault (which dollars to donuts they probably will) that's weak pûssy bs.

YMMV

MAGA
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

... or to be dropped off in a remote location with the group of cyclists with a promise of no repercussions for anyone.

You are suggesting a large group of gay bicyclist should 50:1 a single little bug guy and gang rape him repeatedly?

Seems odd...

...or maybe a Fantasy???

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am not sure what your point is. There are millions of motor vehicle collisions in the USA each year in which one operator failed to yield right of way. There's lots to celebrate there right?
I'll make a point here...maybe not the one you had in mind...Automobiles are steel cages, weighing in most cases at least 3000 lbs. My truck weighs 6200 lbs. The car/truck is wrapped around you with all sorts of safety devices in the cabin, mainly multiple air bags. When riding a bicycle, you are wrapped around the small alloy frame on two wheels. The impact suffered by people driving cars or trucks is mainly absorbed by the vehicle. The impact when a cyclist wrecks is absorbed by the cyclist. You lose, often your life, even if you are in the right regarding traffic laws.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

The bitch has hadda change out the "I" key on his keyboard 6 times since gettin on the 'fire.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just don't see the crisis. If they claim some kind of assault (which dollars to donuts they probably will) that's weak pûssy bs.

YMMV

Who does see the crisis? I haven't seen anyone positing this as a crisis.

It's worth knowing that there are anti-harassment laws written into many state's code.

This is Missouri's 4th degree assault code.

  565.056. Assault in the fourth degree. — 1. A person commits the offense of assault in the fourth degree if:

  (1) The person attempts to cause or recklessly causes physical injury, physical pain, or illness to another person;

  (2) With criminal negligence the person causes physical injury to another person by means of a firearm;

  (3) The person purposely places another person in apprehension of immediate physical injury;

  (4) The person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of death or serious physical injury to another person;

  (5) The person knowingly causes or attempts to cause physical contact with a person with a disability, which a reasonable person, who does not have a disability, would consider offensive or provocative; or

  (6) The person knowingly causes physical contact with another person knowing the other person will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.

  2. Except as provided in subsection 3 of this section, assault in the fourth degree is a class A misdemeanor.

  3. Violation of the provisions of subdivision (3) or (6) of subsection 1 of this section is a class C misdemeanor unless the victim is a special victim, as the term "special victim" is defined under section 565.002, in which case a violation of such provisions is a class A misdemeanor.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by steve4102
Do these cyclists that occupy tax payer funded road ways, pay vehicle taxes and use taxes, or are they getting a free ride, no pun intended.

I proposed to my state legislator a few years ago that bikes ridden on the road should be registered and have to pay some type of fee for said registration.

There is a pretty extensive rail to trail that runs near me. Pizzed me off that last summer they built a bridge to carry the bicycles and runners over a local roadway to the tune of $1.2MILLION+!!!! while meanwhile our local roads suck!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I am not sure what your point is. There are millions of motor vehicle collisions in the USA each year in which one operator failed to yield right of way. There's lots to celebrate there right?
I'll make a point here...maybe not the one you had in mind...Automobiles are steel cages, weighing in most cases at least 3000 lbs. My truck weighs 6200 lbs. The car/truck is wrapped around you with all sorts of safety devices in the cabin, mainly multiple air bags. When riding a bicycle, you are wrapped around the small alloy frame on two wheels. The impact suffered by people driving cars or trucks is mainly absorbed by the vehicle. The impact when a cyclist wrecks is absorbed by the cyclist. You lose, often your life, even if you are in the right regarding traffic laws.

Well thank you very much for that Captain Obvious. The rule of gross tonnage. Duh. In the average year fewer than 1000 bicyclists lose their lives in accidents. There are over 40,000 motor vehicle deaths. Should I be afraid of driving too?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Every bicyclist wants be a gangsta until someone throws a Styrofoam cup at him... then he wanna cry and call the PoPo...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

How do you feel about little old ladies in crosswalks?

Page 7 of 27 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.