-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
7 pages by my count already. This shows a passionate and emotional love/hate for the spandex peddlers.

I think a solution would be for both drivers and bicyclists to carry tasers to nuke each other when either shows a blatant disrespect for traffic laws.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Originally Posted by steve4102
Do these cyclists that occupy tax payer funded road ways, pay vehicle taxes and use taxes, or are they getting a free ride, no pun intended.

I proposed to my state legislator a few years ago that bikes ridden on the road should be registered and have to pay some type of fee for said registration.

There is a pretty extensive rail to trail that runs near me. Pizzed me off that last summer they built a bridge to carry the bicycles and runners over a local roadway to the tune of $1.2MILLION+!!!! while meanwhile our local roads suck!!!

This sure is an unlikely forum for finding someone who supports more tax and more government. Should we require pedestrians who walk on the road to be registered and plated too?

Pay up you little fuukking outlaw.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And there are no azzhole cyclists, and they don’t impede traffic flow which is against the law.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
have a buddy that riggedd up a windsheid washer filled with coon urine , just give them a little scent to continue with there ride, priceless

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They don't have these problems in Switzerland.

Attached Images
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I

But Spandex, and he saw a cyclist "blow through" a stop sign one time.[/quote]

I see far more people on bikes blow thru a stop sign, than I ever see actually stop at one and look both ways... Like I was taught in school, whether you were walking, biking or driving....

around here I'd bet I see 50 cyclists blow thru stop signs, for every one single person who will actually stop at the stop sign before proceeding...

but then we are just 25 miles north of the California line.. and I'd bet most of our cyclists are CA transplants... and they sure a pompous bunch...

I haven't been licensed for decades, but I use to be a Paramedic... and was a highly trained corpsman in the military..
but If I saw some adult on a bike run right thru a stop sign and they got hit by a vehicle.. I doubt I'd have the motivation to even stop to help them..

I'd call 911, but that is about it... Stupid Should Hurt.. its the only thing that is going to teach these idiots a car or truck that weighs 50 times what they weigh isn't going to get hurt when they hit the cyclist...who didn't obey the traffic signs...

shooting right thru an intersection and not stopping, whether on 4 wheels or two wheels, is just plain personally stupid..

so they shouldn't be shocked when the outcome was different than they thought it would be....

do Stupid Things, Win Stupid Prizes...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I generally don't have an issue with bicyclists, though I do get grumpy when coming over a blind hill and they're right there in my lane. I often have to slam on my breaks because a car is coming in the oncoming lane and I can't get over until that oncoming car (or line of cars) is past. Even if they're not actually in my lane they're often too close for me to be comfortable passing within a foot of them at highway speeds. All it takes is for them to swerve slightly to miss a rock or piece of trash or whatever and I will hit them. I couldn't imagine having that on my conscious for the rest of my life, so it isn't just "their" problem. Two abreast or single file doesn't really matter to me, as there's "good" and bad things about both ways, from a motorists' perspective. I also don't like how they zip around in dedicated bike lanes in towns. It can be really tough to see them when getting into turn lanes.

If I come across them on an open roadway where I see them in plenty of time and no oncoming cars are coming, I don't care too much but it almost never seems to happen that way.

Isn't there a legal minimum speed one must go on federal and many state highways, or at least it could be considered reckless if going real slow? Tractors and such can be a pain here too but I believe by law they're required to have the orange slow moving vehicle triangle and maybe even have flaggers, depending on the location and local laws.

Last edited by T_Inman; 05/22/22.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Originally Posted by steve4102
Do these cyclists that occupy tax payer funded road ways, pay vehicle taxes and use taxes, or are they getting a free ride, no pun intended.

I proposed to my state legislator a few years ago that bikes ridden on the road should be registered and have to pay some type of fee for said registration.

There is a pretty extensive rail to trail that runs near me. Pizzed me off that last summer they built a bridge to carry the bicycles and runners over a local roadway to the tune of $1.2MILLION+!!!! while meanwhile our local roads suck!!!

This sure is an unlikely forum for finding someone who supports more tax and more government. Should we require pedestrians who walk on the road to be registered and plated too?

Pay up you little fuukking outlaw.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The Real Caption....

Well sure you can have my autograph young man! And I look forward to seeing you after you grow up and join the force also...
you be safe out there....and give my regards to your big tit big sister....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I am not sure what your point is. There are millions of motor vehicle collisions in the USA each year in which one operator failed to yield right of way. There's lots to celebrate there right?
I'll make a point here...maybe not the one you had in mind...Automobiles are steel cages, weighing in most cases at least 3000 lbs. My truck weighs 6200 lbs. The car/truck is wrapped around you with all sorts of safety devices in the cabin, mainly multiple air bags. When riding a bicycle, you are wrapped around the small alloy frame on two wheels. The impact suffered by people driving cars or trucks is mainly absorbed by the vehicle. The impact when a cyclist wrecks is absorbed by the cyclist. You lose, often your life, even if you are in the right regarding traffic laws.

Well thank you very much for that Captain Obvious. The rule of gross tonnage. Duh. In the average year fewer than 1000 bicyclists lose their lives in accidents. There are over 40,000 motor vehicle deaths. Should I be afraid of driving too?
How many times more motor vehicles are out there.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by steveredd1
have a buddy that riggedd up a windsheid washer filled with coon urine , just give them a little scent to continue with there ride, priceless

ROFLMAO...

Skunk screen would be better... but coon piss is still Rock Start funny

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
bear spray works great, once you come around the cycleholes, squirt a good stream up n out the window and they roll into the mist

technically you never sprayed anyone, they themselves rolled into it on their own free will, so it's their own damn fault

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Swamplord
bear spray works great, once you come around the cycleholes, squirt a good stream up n out the window and they roll into the mist

technically you never sprayed anyone, they themselves rolled into it on their own free will, so it's their own damn fault

EXCELLENT!

This is becoming a really great thread.

Thanks for starting it Paul!!!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Bikers have a right but they should not cover the whole lane from line to line. At least give a automobile a opportunity to pass and crap wouldn’t happen!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have all the parts to hookup a cyclists sprayer but never got to it, it's summer out just might have to, wonder if liquid pig schit would go through it

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've ridden a bike for three years overseas to commute back and forth from work. A year in the middle east and two years in europe. I rode on the side of the road and got out of way of traffic (but to be honest, I left so early and late, there wasn't much traffic). I don't own spandex...and never had a problem.

Biker nerd gets on the forums and acts all superior to everyone else because their recreation is spent tying up traffic 'because they can.' They aren't usually going anywhere to do anything....just putting on their 'bike pride' spandex to clog the roads while everyone else it trying to get to Walmart and buy tobacco and gas before POTUS policies raise the prices again before Monday.

The walmartians driving in the cars wonder why don't you bike geeks just go to low travelled roads, or better yet some kind of cycling drome where you can hamster it up there and impress each other with your pride spandex?

The biker nerds respond with weird boolean logic and wonder why they aren't patted on the back and praised.

The average 24 hour camper are like GFY biker...

So, did I get this thread right?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
I've ridden a bike for three years overseas to commute back and forth from work. A year in the middle east and two years in europe. I rode on the side of the road and got out of way of traffic (but to be honest, I left so early and late, there wasn't much traffic). I don't own spandex...and never had a problem.

Biker nerd gets on the forums and acts all superior to everyone else because their recreation is spent tying up traffic 'because they can.' They aren't usually going anywhere to do anything....just putting on their 'bike pride' spandex to clog the roads while everyone else it trying to get to Walmart and buy tobacco and gas before POTUS policies raise the prices again before Monday.

The walmartians driving in the cars wonder why don't you bike geeks just go to low travelled roads, or better yet some kind of cycling drome where you can hamster it up there and impress each other with your pride spandex?

The biker nerds respond with weird boolean logic and wonder why they aren't patted on the back and praised.

The average 24 hour camper are like GFY biker...

So, did I get this thread right?

you got it

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
I see far more people on bikes blow thru a stop sign, than I ever see actually stop at one and look both ways... Like I was taught in school, whether you were walking, biking or driving....

around here I'd bet I see 50 cyclists blow thru stop signs, for every one single person who will actually stop at the stop sign before proceeding...

but then we are just 25 miles north of the California line.. and I'd bet most of our cyclists are CA transplants... and they sure a pompous bunch...

I haven't been licensed for decades, but I use to be a Paramedic... and was a highly trained corpsman in the military..
but If I saw some adult on a bike run right thru a stop sign and they got hit by a vehicle.. I doubt I'd have the motivation to even stop to help them..

I'd call 911, but that is about it... Stupid Should Hurt.. its the only thing that is going to teach these idiots a car or truck that weighs 50 times what they weigh isn't going to get hurt when they hit the cyclist...who didn't obey the traffic signs...

shooting right thru an intersection and not stopping, whether on 4 wheels or two wheels, is just plain personally stupid..

so they shouldn't be shocked when the outcome was different than they thought it would be....

do Stupid Things, Win Stupid Prizes...

Studies show that cyclists and motorist break the law at similar rates. If cyclists were really regularly blowing through stops without looking there's be more fatalities as a consequence. There are very few.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Two abreast or single file doesn't really matter to me, as there's "good" and bad things about both ways, from a motorists' perspective.

That is entirely too reasonable. Where do you get off...?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I generally don't have an issue with bicyclists, though I do get grumpy when coming over a blind hill and they're right there in my lane. .

As a motorcyclist, the importance of not out-driving my line of sight was drilled into me. There could be a driveway with someone pulling out, a mail truck, a fallen tree, a fallen rock, free range cattle, a broken down vehicle, a tractor or any other thing in the lane when I top that blind hill or blind curve.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
That camera runs full time because the f a g using it knows his actions elicit negative responses from motorists.

Somebody tossed a crumpled empty bag and empty Dasani bottle his way for some humor.

Zippity-fugkin-do-dah.
This right here!

Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.